Default How to Use TPL file ??? Need Assistance

Hello,

So i basically changed the color scheme to my webid site and added my logo. I have a few questions if you may:

1. Can I add (how can I add) extra scripts from "Hotscripts" to my webid site?

2. How do I work with the TPL file to change the look of the website? I opened TPL file in Dreamweaver Macromedia 8, took a look at it and I don't know where to start or what is going on too much lol.

In a nutshell I want to literally customize my site to my likings. and after I master how to do it to my personal site, I defiantly want to create a free webid theme for webid users in the future.

Thank You in Advance : )

Using dreamweaver and your knowledge of php you should be able to alter the lay-out to to your liking.

Registered User/Coder

TPL files are part of the PHP Templating system. You can play around with designing a
    tpl file with an HTML editer. When you're done designing it, put your tpl file (e.g. test.tpl file) in the folder themes/default/ folder (I'm using Webid 1.0.2).

To put a hyperlink or text in your tpl file, you will need to go into your messages.inc file (it’s located in the language\EN\ folder) and add the line you want, e.g. $MSG['50_0001'] = "This is a link". Then, log into your WeBid admin home page, click on the “home” tab and then click on clear cache to see the new updated tpl file.

Quote Originally Posted by nikoisbliss View Post
    Hello,

So i basically changed the color scheme to my webid site and added my logo. I have a few questions if you may:

1. Can I add (how can I add) extra scripts from "Hotscripts" to my webid site?

2. How do I work with the TPL file to change the look of the website? I opened TPL file in Dreamweaver Macromedia 8, took a look at it and I don't know where to start or what is going on too much lol.

In a nutshell I want to literally customize my site to my likings. and after I master how to do it to my personal site, I defiantly want to create a free webid theme for webid users in the future.

Thank You in Advance : )

In order to alter the template layout you will need to work with the css and the php templates. there are several wys to do it. If you give a description of what your trying to do i can lead you in the right direction.

Joshua
    http://techaden.com/

Thumbs up Response

Yes, something like that, however the author of the original post referred to Dreamweaver. I simply stated what was the easiest way to accomplish the task. I then offered to help with php/css to accomplish the task.

Cao