Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Great update from trunk. My only suggestions are:

1. Index page gets image thumbnails.
    2. /includes/dates.inc.php gets adjusted for 12 hour time, not 24.

I have versions I tested on the trunk that seem to work fine with the new 0.8 if you want them.

I quickly ran into a basic problem when trying to add an auction. I know other people can't possible be having this problem since it occurs for me on trying to add any auction. Any ideas why I get this SQL error on the insert into the auctions table?

This is what I got when trying to create it:

22-09-2009, 19:40:02:: Database access error. Please contact the site administrator. INSERT INTO webid_auctions VALUES (NULL, 1, 'ADAMS Cool Crown Scrunchie Cap RED', '1253648402', '<p>100% cotton with nylon liner.&nbsp; Adult. Red.</p>', '', 5, '0.99', '0.00', '0', '5', '1', '720', 0, '1', 'Check left at Rhoades office
    ', 0, '1315856402', 0, 0, 1, 2, 0, 'n', 0, 0, 0, '', 'y', 'n', 'n', 'n')
    Incorrect integer value: 'n' for column 'relist' at row 1
    page:C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\rf\auction08\sell.php line:110

Very odd. I patched my version webid 0.8 to work, but I can't see how anyone else would make it work. It seems that a database field mismatch is going on or something.

Anyways, in case someone else runs into the same trouble, I modified line 167 of sellfunctions.inc.php to read:

return "INSERT INTO " . $DBPrefix . "auctions VALUES (NULL, " . $user->user_data['id'] . ", '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_title']) . "', '" . $a_starts . "', '" . addslashes($_SESSION['SELL_description']) . "', '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_pict_url']) . "', " . $_SESSION['SELL_sellcat'] . ", '" . $_SESSION['SELL_minimum_bid'] . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_shipping_cost'] . "', '" . (($_SESSION['SELL_with_reserve']=="yes")?$_SESSION['SELL_reserve_price']:"0") . "', '" . (($_SESSION['SELL_with_buy_now'] == 'yes') ? $_SESSION['SELL_buy_now_price'] : 0) . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_atype'] . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_duration'] . "', " . floatval($_SESSION['SELL_customincrement']) . ", '" . $_SESSION['SELL_shipping'] . "', '" . $payment_text . "', " . (($_SESSION['SELL_international']) ? 1 : 0) . ", '" . $a_ends . "', 0, 0, " . (($_SESSION['SELL_file_uploaded']) ? 1 : 0) . ", " . $_SESSION['SELL_iquantity'] . ", 0, 0, " . intval($_SESSION['SELL_relist']) . ", 0, 'n', '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_shipping_terms']) . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_buy_now_only'] . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_is_bold'] . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_is_highlighted'] . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_is_featured'] . "')";

Basically, I put in a 0 instead of a 'n' for the relist field, and put in an 'n' instead of a 0 for the sold field.

How the heck can other people have v0.8 working in this state?

Hassle!

I'm still on repository 165 but that is essentially 0.8 and I haven't had issues like this.

When I've seen people in the past with so many issues (including myself at least once or twice) I usually recommend a complete reinstall. More often then not things work once that's done.

If you have any serious database edits you can always download those tables to import once your back up and running but I also recommend emptying the database completely before install.

It is possibly due to your local setup and settings and minor things have gotten in the way of others in the past but unfortunately I have near zero modern PC experience and can't find any relevant postings with potential help.

Everyone should try to replicate Bugs & post results

• I wont respond to users who;

-Repeatedly ask for help & don't make the above simple contribution to the project
    -Don't follow rules or search for solutions.

-Clearly haven't reviewed the WeBid Admin. and/or tested a simple scenario on their site.

Yeah, I did do a completely new install. Dropped the database, started with a clean empty one, new directory tree, etc. Anyways, with that fix above, it works now. Now I'm testing other parts. I looked at the source tree on sourceforge and it really does look like something is out of sync with the current 0.8 source.

COuld be a number of things - my MySQL might be more particular about datatypes. Maybe there is a version mismatch between the source files. It would be interesting to hear if anyone else has a problem simply creating a new auction with a clean v.0.8.

But there is no doubt that my database has reason to complain - the original source code was trying to stuff an 'n' into an integer field and a 0 into an enum field.

Administrator/Coder/Designer renlok's Avatar

ok i made a quick release with 0.8.1 which has all the bugs reported patched up
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/simpleauction/files/
    Follow Us on Twitter | Search WeBid | LinkedIn
    Please don't PM me for support, ask in the forums then the answer can help everyone.

If someones post was helpful please remember dont forget to click the

Registered User/Designer paditur's Avatar

totally dumb question...but when I upload a patch..am i replacing the entire installation as if I'm doing it for the first time?

Not dumb I'm sure but what exactly do you mean by uploading a patch?

Full file set?
    Installation "update"?
    other?

EDIT:
    Also depending on your answer, have you customized things anywhere including a custom theme?
    Last edited by Box Lot; 24-09-2009 at 02:49 AM.

-Repeatedly ask for help & don't make the above simple contribution to the project

-Clearly haven't reviewed the WeBid Admin. and/or tested a simple scenario on their site.

Registered User/Designer paditur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Box Lot View Post
    Not dumb I'm sure but what exactly do you mean by uploading a patch?

Full file set?
    Installation "update"?
    other?

EDIT:
    Also depending on your answer, have you customized things anywhere including a custom theme?
    I meant do I upload all the files in 8.1 and run the install all over again as if I was installing for the first time.
    I made 1 customization, but I can redo it super quick.

Yeah, if you upload (FTP) the whole folder it will overwrite existing, same named, files. It will not delete files that may have been removed from any package updates however.

Using software for file comparisons is your friend when it comes to customization. The more you make the more you will need it. There are changes in the default theme from time to time and some you will want to copy to your theme.

If you click "install" when running the install script then it will drop and reinstall any existing tables in your SQL database. Again if you really want to do a fresh full install it is always good practice to empty the database before installing. This way there are no straggling deleted tables from the old version and your assured that it is a true fresh full install.