[SOLVED] "Winners details" Error. Help me please.

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Merkcuio, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Merkcuio

Merkcuio Member

Hello. Error. Version WeBid 1.2.1
    Screenshot view please!

Attached Files:

2. hhavatar

hhavatar Donor Donor

whats showing on the error log

3. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

I don't see an ID number on the part that you circled. Check to see that there is an ID number somewhere.

4. Merkcuio

Merkcuio Member

Log clean. No error/

5. Merkcuio

Merkcuio Member

Error not ID on the part that you circled!!! Why?

6. hhavatar

hhavatar Donor Donor

Would an auction that ended without a winner do that maybe?

7. gsc1ugs

gsc1ugs Active Member

what them you using?

8. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

Can you give us some details and more than one quick line of info please?
    It looks like the there's no ID and when there is no ID it's going to give you a message saying it can't find it like in your 2nd photo. All items usually have an ID in the Webid Script. That's how everything is Identified. If if can't identify what it's looking for then it won't be found.

9. Merkcuio

Merkcuio Member

10. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

That video just shows you posting a new auction and then going into winners details and showing a totally different auction.

The page says it all to you about what the problem is, The Auction has been removed.

This can happen if you have not set your cron job up as per the installation documentation provided in the download in the DOCS folder, not setting your cron job means that the auction is still listed in a table in the database but the ID's have been removed or the auction has been deleted but not yet fully removed.

Set your cron job up and wait until after the time you set your cronjob to run then see if that is still present in the winners details.

I have had this happen to me a few times but I cant remember what caused it I think I posted on the forums somewhere about it so a forum search may help, but set your cron job up first.

HOW TO SETUP A CRON JOB

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  11. Merkcuio

Merkcuio Member

Hi. I setup cron job. Did not help.(((

12. nay27uk

then it needs to be manually deleted from the database this does happen from time to time and I don't remember why now but the only way to get rid is delete it manually via phpmyadmin

13. Merkcuio

Merkcuio Member

This new auction which has not been assigned IP. Why remove it?

14. Merkcuio

Merkcuio Member

Active auction! In data based is assigned the id. The control panel Winners details no id.. Why? Help..
    Who works?

15. nay27uk

If it is an active auction then it won't be in the Winners table, the Winners table is for details of someone that won an auction and only shows after the auction successfully ended with a winner.

This is not an Active Auction it is just the remnants of an auction that already ENDED and CLOSED but has been removed only partly from the database so some of the details from it are still lingering inside the database, that is what you are seeing in the Winners Table you are seeing the remnants of a now Non Existent Auction hence it has NO ID

I explained what to do in POST #12 above, THIS IS NOT AN ACTIVE AUCTION, active auctions are not displayed in the Winners Table.
    Please take my word on this because I have been with WeBid since 2009 and I have seen and experienced this myself MANY MANY TIMES, it is the remnants of an auction that was not fully removed from the database by either doing it manually or when the cron job ran, you need to delete it from the database.

I can help no further on this as I have clearly explained what the problem is.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  16. Merkcuio

Merkcuio Member

You carefully watched my videos?
    Look carefully!!!!!! You are not right!!!
    Look again (YouTube) -

17. hhavatar

hhavatar Donor Donor

This may be a translation issue but getting snarky doesn't encourage assistance from members. @nay27uk knows more about this system than pretty much everyone and deserves more respect.
    By all means disagree with the advice received but please do so in a polite tone. Everyone here is giving of their time without recompense.

nay27uk likes this.
  18. nay27uk

@Merkcuio I see from your second video that there does seem to be a problem and I also re watched your first video however the first video didn't look like it does now when I first watched it as the titles for the auctions you showed in the original video (now changed) were completely different hence my reply at both post #10 and post #15.

Could you send me a PM please with the following details so I can try this on your site by making my own test auction.

The information I will need from you "in a PM only" is.
    1. A Username and Password to log in as a Seller.
    2. A Username and Password to log in as a Buyer (Numbers 1 and 2 are two separate accounts).
    3. An Admin account for the WeBid admin section.
    4. Depending on how my tests go then maybe the log in details for your hosting account so I can check the database structure.
    To send me a PM (private Message) click my name to the left.
    In the new box that comes up click on Start A Conversation

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  19. Merkcuio

Merkcuio Member

I'm not rude .. Sorry.
    I respect everyone who helped me!
    Excuse me.

hhavatar and nay27uk like this.
  20. nay27uk

OK thanks for that information via PM.

I have just tested it and nothing is wrong.
    I posted a new auction it is listed fine on the site and is not to be seen in the Winners Table.

The one that was listed in the winners table was the same one that was in your video you posted yesterday I have removed that as it was a remnant of a no longer active auction.

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled.png

Untitled2.jpg

I will test a bit further by bidding on this as another user so please let the auction run its time and end DO NOT DELETE IT I will then log in tomorrow at the same time (1 day Auction) to check the winners details.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    Merkcuio likes this.