Where is WeBid Root? Can't find WeBid Root

Discussion in 'Install/Upgrade Support' started by monkey, Mar 13, 2014.

1. monkey

monkey New Member

Anyone help please. My programmer passed away a few weeks back so I am stuck with a little html knowledge and my files on my hosting server but no where do I see a webid root file - my site is nearly finished and was hoping to find some support on here to get it done - I managed to delete the password in mysql on my hosting account so that I got webid back on line and have admin rights to work on the back end .

IF I reinstall webid too get the root file I may mess up all the php that was written on the server files or how do I copy the files across? fortunately I have several domain names so I suppose I could download a new webid to my desktop - upload it with fileziller into another domain name for now -

but then how do I transfer all the programed files into the new webid and make sure it is all set up right to work - I'm not sure how safe my site will be if whoever has his computer now has the root files of webid - I really hope I am making sense to someone! Once I get my classifieds site finished I wish to add another classifieds site and was wondering if I could just copy all the programed php files to that so it is an exact copy but I just change the catogories. anyone know if I can do this if so how please am I am really a beginner. thanks.

2. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

WeBid root reefers to where you installed WeBid itself and not a file or folder called WeBid Root.

you say that your files are "on my hosting server"
    This leads me to believe that your WeBid root is your domain root I.E visiting http://www.yourdomain.com (where yourdomain.com is your actual domain) would load your WeBid site, if this is true then the files you see when you connect to your hosting account via FTP are the WeBid files and this is WeBid Root.

There is no WeBid root as such WeBid Root only refers to where on your server you installed WeBid.

WeBid root is all the files and folders that make up the WeBid Script.

Examples of your WeBid Root

You install all of the WeBid files and folders on your domain in a folder called WeBid. (Your WeBid Root is http://www.yourdomain.com/WeBid/ if using FTP your WeBid root is found inside the folder called WeBid)

You install all of the WeBid files and folders on your main Domain (Your WeBid Root is http://www.yourdomain.com if using FTP the WeBid Root is the first thing that loads when connecting via FTP)

You install all of the WeBid files and folders in a folder on your domain called WeBid and this folder is inside another folder named Auctions (Your WeBid Root is http://www.yourdomain.com/WeBid/Auctions/ If using FTP the root is found inside the folder called WeBid then inside the folder called Auctions)

Hope you understand now what WeBid root is

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    monkey likes this.
  3. monkey

monkey New Member

Hi Nay27Uk
    Thank you very much for your reply.. I wonder if you are able to help me again - with 2 problems.

1. I have webid in my .com account - I have copied all the files to my .co and my .info domains each with their own database. After clicking on sell an item then my catagories don't work. But I can get into the categories If I click that first -- this is the same on all 3 sites.

2. I only have default global header, footers, etc in my .com cache -- no matter how many times I copy them to the .co and .info sites they dissappear. This leaves the global header and footer with the .com details which then reverts my headers and footers in the .co &.info sites to the same details as the .com -- this is really weird - it is like the last 2 sites are shadowing the first. - I am wondering about upgrading to 1.1 but am worried I will have to start from scratch.

Hope you can help best regards

4. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

5. monkey

monkey New Member

thankyou. I read your thread and did all that you said-But

Thank you, I did do the config, database,kept the same admins, - this is all on the same server so I just copied and edited the files you mentioned but still the categories,footer and header revert to the original. I will try the forums as you suggested. thanks again.