Webid help wanted

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade' started by bigal, Aug 7, 2014.

1. bigal

bigal Donor Donor

Im just wondering if there is anyone who has the time to help an old fella get an auction site together.
    I've done a lot of programming but little PHP and that was 10 years ago.
    Over 20 years ago I designed small computers using assembler/8051 series micro and from there moved to C, Delphi, C++ C# and so on, but @ 66 years Im really getting too old to do what I once really enjoyed; its not to good for the health!

Webid has the potential much more so than Drupal which I used to use but I keep finding bugs which without debugging makes it hard to sort.
    Today I tried getting FirePHP to work to help me trace where some code was not working the way I think it should and couldnt get the trace window showing anything.
    ^^ Change; did get it working but need to define variables and instances to get an output; best stick to a local WAMP/Apache setup with proper offline debugging.

I know what I need in webid which is not much variation from where its at now in 1.1.1.
    But every day Im using Webid I find functions that are incomplete, or non-functional and these need sorting. For example yesterday 2 problems today another 2.
    EG todays: user wants to find out how to pay a seller, click on link to seller and it goes to the sellers profile; not the seller contact form. Fill in the seller contact form and the [Submit] fails. Search forums and there is a fix for this (email_request.php/pay.php) issue which goes back to 2013.

I have donated a couple of times to the project and any work that I can do to help also would be donated.
    Im a kiwi, married with 3 kids.
    Thanks,
    Alistair.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

removed im leaving.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
  3. pani100

pani100 Well-Known Member

Removing "removed im leaving" from latest post queue , as it is bothering me, sorry.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014