v1.0.0 mega testing fun!!!

Discussion in 'Testers' started by renlok, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renlok

renlok Administrator Staff Member

Warning: You shouldn't use this on a live site unless you have good working knowledge of PHP

OK well I think I've added all the features I was planning on for v1.0.0 (all the features initially planned where split see my blog post)

Also when you do a test could you say what you did and whether it worked correctly or not :eek:

RC1: http://www.mediafire.com/?tmjntwzy2q5 (sorry about not uploading it here but there seems to be something wrong with the attachment manager)
    RC2: http://www.mediafire.com/?zfgfzzujtww
    RC3: http://www.mediafire.com/?yioijjudj0d
    RC4: http://www.mediafire.com/?3vmzjw0znem
    RC5: http://www.mediafire.com/?763v891jzd8auux
    RC6: http://www.mediafire.com/?05882mf44abj65l

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  2. paditur

paditur New Member

yipee! i'm going to get right on this and report back.

3. Box Lot

Box Lot Super Moderator Staff Member Developer

Is this r252 or something else?

Spent another entire day after getting no response or follow up tests (r237-r240, in the original SVN thread) to broken sell/edit functions I noted and finally loaded r252 which also results in the generic, Admin set, error message with nothing to go by in the logs.

This occurs with default everything.

As I also noted it appears the temporary image folder is not getting converted to the auction numbered folder in /uploaded.

With respect and obviously just MO, as nice as a new Admin interface and theme is I would suggest that working on the site functions and/or additions is a more immediate need as both the Admin and default theme are at least functional.

As it stands for me, and without support or others testing in earnest, it looks like essentially I will have to hand add all of my function and database edits as I can't track down what the issue(s) is/are and between the deletion or renaming of long standing files I am at a loss.

I've tried a number of ways of doing this and none has been fully successful as of yet though it is mostly only with sell/edit functions at this point.

I would even accept a "Can't replicate" kind of response(s) to give me some direction but even that didn't occur. I have to say I was disappointed given my interaction with most here, I don't ask for help very often anymore.

We certainly need some full time testers again willing to test the whole package, that has not been done in a long time. I would get back on the horse but without listing capability there is little I can test.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  4. paditur

paditur New Member

Hi Renlok.

Just a couple of things I've noticed so far.
    1) When someone registers, they no longer get the confirmation page that they registerd. They just get sent back to the registration page.
    2) None of the fees show up anymore when listing an item, and there is no indication that a seller owes the site any money for listing an item.

5. profeta_smigol

profeta_smigol New Member

the problem of registration is an error in the file .tpl

There is an error in the buy it now ... does not send the purchase ...

and other small errors

just finish all the tests I post all errors

6. renlok

no sorry BL i cant reproduce any of the bugs youve reported before also sorry for being painfully slow to actually reply. Anyway what are you doing with it incremental upgrades? if you could go though all the pages with problems and send me the error log ill have a look

7. profeta_smigol

profeta_smigol New Member

on registration and the bug in the php ...

data is entered correctly in the database but there is no confirmation ....

8. Box Lot

Thanks for the response. After not hearing back I have installed 3 sites for testing:
    Working 0.8.5 proper without 1st update, all/most functions appeared to be working great.
    1.0.0 RC1 with my edits added essentially one at a time with retesting.
    Default 1.0.0 RC1

Test results will be from Default.

Error on edit active (included full file with top section including other errors thrown during listing though listing did go through. I have added text to show the break between the two).

BTW, my comments regarding testers and response was more directed at others here and I don't expect you to replicate testing. That's what the users here are for and most replications are easy enough to do.

A response from you to my major error reports is always nice and letting me know if they actually are problems (so I can stop looking essentially) if you can tell at the time of the report is probably more important. Know your busy.

Without either of these, and during major function issues (listing, editing, etc.), I'm left floundering.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  9. renlok

for the second in functions_sell.inc.php replace
    PHP:
    increment " . $system->input_money($_SESSION['SELL_customincrement']) . ",
    with
    PHP:
    increment '" . $system->input_money($_SESSION['SELL_customincrement']) . "',
    not sure about the first id assume its something todo with the missing SELL_start index but idk why that would happen how do you choose start date is it start now or custom?

10. Box Lot

Start now. Errors thrown but at least the auctions get posted correctly. Now I do have some long standing time edits so that my GMT/user adjustments come out to what they really should be in real life (old time issue, never worked for me correctly and offset was always hours off. Bugged me so I have those subtracted in the php). Still though, my time is what my time is in real time so don't think that would effect things and time is consistent.

Fix above corrected edit active and I am once again finally back to full listing functions after some painful rebuilding.

Guess the old days are gone but nice to see a couple who appear to be hitting the testing. Now is the time for those that have popped in stating lack of any expertise to pay their bills.

It takes NO skill to put the site through its paces and it's a really needed service right now if we ever want to see 1.1.0 (and I do!).

I'll get back in shortly once I get back to having my edits integrated and feel like I'm back at square 1 again. I'll try to ramp up to my old testing level as well to close the gap.

While I'm here, here are a few I've noticed in passing:
    -Maintenance message does not appear, just blank screen.

-Something weird with payments that I have to test further but I think the integrated payments (Paypal was what I noticed) make entered payments appear twice. In other words when Admin adds Paypal as a payment method you get two Paypals. Saw some payment changes in the files but didn't digest them yet but looks like by default you include Paypal, Authorize.net? when set in gateways.

-Also, if I select, for instance, just Paypal during listing then my entire payments list shows up in the confirm screen. Once commited though they do not but strangely the second noted (in my case American Express) method is added to the single selection. When you go back to edit it is selected along with Paypal and deselecting it does not change the outcome.

11. paditur

paditur New Member

Would it be easier if I go thru my tests and then send a final report with all the errors? and the error logs generated for each action?
    I just want to make this as easy as possible and not post each and every item individually.

12. renlok

@Boxlot
    yeah the paypal thing showing twice is because i changed how the payment methods work so now the payment methods list in the admin should be for external ways of paying so you should remove paypal and authnet from it. How it works now is if the gateway is enabled and the user has added their details for the gateway they'll have the option to use it in the payment types.

@paditur
    yeah that would probably be the easiest way to do it also probably easier on me too

13. Box Lot

Ok, removed Authorize.net as I did with Paypal from payment methods while leaving both activated as gateways.

Initial choices on Sell are only Paypal, Wire Transfer, Cheque. Missing Authorize.net

When I choose only Cheque the confirm page shows all four; Paypal, Wire Transfer, Cheque. Authorize.net

Again, the finalized auction shows just Cheque as it should based on this test.

14. Box Lot

Advanced search not working again.

Put in simple term. On submit the keyword/item number is cleared with no message and no results when there should be.

I didn't go any further since it is broken at such a basic level but once fixed I'll do combination. Anyone else testing with any real dedication (looking your way Padi!) should put it through its paces too since there are so many combinations that really should be tested.

15. paditur

paditur New Member

I'm on it. LOL. No pressure.

16. Box Lot

Learned that passive stuff from my Mom. Personally I've found it to be pretty effective. :(

17. Box Lot

Subtitles not getting set.

Sell. The sub shows in confirm but not finalized auction/.tpl. Can't add it with edit either. This may be on purpose, couldn't find it there with quick check. I would suggest that it should be there, below the title.

It is in the database.

More importantly though, its not picked up during edit and subtitle is blank if you go back to edit.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  18. Box Lot

Sorry, you know I'm a one at a time kind of guy.

Easy one, add new fee bearing items to fees.tpl.

19. Box Lot

If you select a 2nd category and then change your mind it takes two attempts of "skip step" to remove the 2nd category from the listing.

20. Box Lot

Weird one. Thought it was Cache and even moved folder to anther directory so didn't have two WeBid folders in the same Root.

Appears to be cookie related.

If you enter a subtitle and submit (getting the missing information error) and then go to list a new item from scratch the subtitle is filled in. Doesn't happen with the other fields like title or description.

Deleting my cookies was the only fix.

Doesn't happen if you fully submit with a subtitle and then list again.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.