User registration isn't working

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Laura76, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Laura76

Laura76 New Member

When I go to the website and register as a new user it goes through the steps just fine but says invalid user when i try to log in. Every time. But when I go into admin and add the user it works fine. I have the user setting set to user must activate their own account. I also tried the other 2 options as well and all had the same results.
    I am not sure whats going on here but I do NOT want to have to manually add each new user. lol

2. BabyDunk

BabyDunk Active Member

when you create the user from the register.php
    1. do you receive the activation email?
    2. can you see the user you just created in the admin panel?
    3. do you have any errors in admin panel or server logs

3. Laura76

Laura76 New Member

Thank you for responding!!
    Yes I do get the activation email but when I click the link in the email it says invalid user.
    I can see the users I manually enter into the user settings but not the ones that sign up via the website and email link.
    These are the list of errors I have been getting them as I've been working to set this up, I am not sure which ones are relevant to this problem.

Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: cat_colour on /home/inflatab/public_html/includes/class_MPTTcategories.php line 99
    Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: cat_image on /home/inflatab/public_html/includes/class_MPTTcategories.php line 100
    Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: HTTPS on /home/inflatab/public_html/header.php line 29
    Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: PASS on /home/inflatab/public_html/includes/template/Template.php(163) : eval()'d code line 121
    Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: TPL_nletter on /home/inflatab/public_html/register.php line 354
    Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: PASS on /home/inflatab/public_html/cache/tpl_modern_register.tpl.php line 121
    Unknown error type: [2] include(/home/inflatab/public_html/includes/auction_pending.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory on /home/inflatab/public_html/sell.php line 291
    Unknown error type: [2] include(): Failed opening '/home/inflatab/public_html/includes/auction_pending.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php70/usr/share/pear') on /home/inflatab/public_html/sell.php line 291
    Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: WEBID_LOGGED_IN on /home/inflatab/public_html/logout.php line 19

4. BabyDunk

BabyDunk Active Member

What version of WeBid are you using?

You have a couple of errors relating to register.php.

on line 354 of register.php and one in the cache files.
    1. can you purge your errors
    2. can you mark NO on Enable the template cache? in the settings at admin panel
    3. clear all caches
    4. try and setup a new user form the register.php
    5. check error logs again

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  5. Laura76

Laura76 New Member

I am running 1.2.1 I am working from a hosted site that uses softaculous installs, I am not sure how to upload the newer version.. I can download the zip file to my chromebook but i do not know what to do with it after that.

I'm not sure what you mean by purge the errors but I will give it a shot if you can tell me how. lol..

I have cleared all the cache's and checked no on the enable template cache... still having the same problem.

Here is the new error log after trying the above...

Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: cat_colour on /home/inflatab/public_html/includes/class_MPTTcategories.php line 99
    Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: cat_image on /home/inflatab/public_html/includes/class_MPTTcategories.php line 100
    Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: HTTPS on /home/inflatab/public_html/header.php line 29
    Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: PASS on /home/inflatab/public_html/includes/template/Template.php(163) : eval()'d code line 121
    Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: TPL_nletter on /home/inflatab/public_html/register.php line 354
    Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: PASS on /home/inflatab/public_html/cache/tpl_modern_register.tpl.php line 121
    Unknown error type: [2] include(/home/inflatab/public_html/includes/auction_pending.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory on /home/inflatab/public_html/sell.php line 291
    Unknown error type: [2] include(): Failed opening '/home/inflatab/public_html/includes/auction_pending.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php70/usr/share/pear') on /home/inflatab/public_html/sell.php line 291
    Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: WEBID_LOGGED_IN on /home/inflatab/public_html/logout.php line 19

6. Laura76

Laura76 New Member

**UPDATE** I found the purge button for the error log! lol..

Tried again and here is the new error..

7. Laura76

Laura76 New Member

**UPDATE AGAIN** I fixed it!! After I purged the errors I googled the error and found help here from another user who was having the same problem. It turned out to be as simple as enabling the newsletter option. Thank you so very much for your help.. I would never have known to purge the errors to find the specific error if it had not been for your help. :)

Thank you!

alexandratrese likes this.
  8. BabyDunk

BabyDunk Active Member

Glad you got it sorted. the steps i took you through is how i would narrow the problem down and pay attention to the errors . they usually tells you which line and in which file the problem is. sometimes that is not always correct but i would say 9 out of 10 times it is.

to install from zip you generally need a ssh account to to easily but it can be done with just an ftp account by extracting the files on local computer and uploading them to your the web folder overwriting anything that is already there. you would need to know the database name and username and password for the database you intend to use.

or i believe you can ask the hosting provider to install it for you if you are having trouble.

Ps: check out the install/upgrade section for more help on that.

Laura76 likes this.
  9. Mikyna

Mikyna New Member

Hello,
    I am sorry for my English. I translate into google.
    I should ask you a great deal. I've installed WeBid in a version of the English version and it works well. I have created a new translation of messages.inc.php into CZ (czech) and after the change, the registration email does not work. I'll switch to GB and it works well. Could somebody help me. Thank you very much.

10. alexandratrese

alexandratrese New Member

I am trying out this solution now. I do remember turning the newsletter feature off since I didn't think I needed to send newsletters yet. I never would've realize that this would result in the registration page breaking. Thanks for this!

11. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member