Trying to install Webid. Not getting very far.

Discussion in 'Install/Upgrade Support' started by pmhoppe, Sep 1, 2018.

1. pmhoppe

pmhoppe New Member

I created a dbase and uploaded the files to my server and followed the install instructions.
    When I run ../install/install.php it hangs on this line of code: include '../includes/database/Database.php';
    I get this error:

( Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log. )

2. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

Did you follow instructions like these?
    http://www.webidsupport.com/forums/...webid-script-manually-with-the-zip-file.9713/

Where did you get the script from...here or on Github? That's not really an Official release on Github. Sometimes updates are made on Github and cause the install not to work right. I have tried to install the github script since June so, I don't know if the new one works.

Honestly reading your error report sounds like it didn't connect to the database correctly. I would try again. Set your PHP Version in your cpanel to 7 or higher or 5.6 or higher.

3. pmhoppe

pmhoppe New Member

Set PHP version to 7+ and that allowed me to continue installation. (THANK YOU for the tip)
    In the /docs folder there are 2 files, readme.txt and install.txt. They conflict with one another in that the permission changes called for are different. Not sure what settings to use. When I get to this page and click on set-up admin account, I get error (see below).
    WeBid Installer v1.2.1
    Writing to database: 100% Complete
    Installation complete.

What do I do now?

• Your WeBid password ****: You should make note of this random code, it is used to secure your users passwords. It is stored in your config file if you accidently delete this file and don't have this code all your users will have to reset their passwords
    • Remove the install folder from your server. You will not be able to use WeBid until you do this.
    • Finally set-up your admin account here
    • And don't forget to check out our support forum
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

4. pmhoppe

pmhoppe New Member

Changed to a different provider that offered Softaculous. Used it to install Webid and all seems to be working.

5. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

The Webid on softaculous is a much older version. I think a lot of stuff still needs to be done with that version. I am just letting you know.

6. pmhoppe

pmhoppe New Member

Thanks. I heeded your warning and manually installed the version from this website. Much better.