Stores or multiple-item auction mod

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Yannick van Rooyen, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Yannick van Rooyen

Yannick van Rooyen New Member

Hi all,

I've searched the forums and found that this question has been asked several times before, but noone ever got to building it.

For our online auctionhouse we want to start using WeBid, only we're missing one crucial function. A "stores" or "auctions" (multiple items) function.

In our view, an auction can be for a single or multiple items. So either we want to sell one 40" TV, or we'd like to sell the whole stock of a bankrupt office or other company.

Right now we are running xwAuction Pro (See www.veilinghuiseenmaalandermaal.com, click the "stores" or "veilingen" option in the top menu.) only it has very limited options, slow support, expensive (we currently have the hosted one now) and it's ASP based, which i don't speak.

Unfortunately i'm not a programmer so i cannot build this function myself. I am however proficient in testing and installing webid and other software, and also quite known with the auctionworld :)

Can somebody help?

Sean.T33 likes this.
  2. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

PhPproBid maybe a better solution for you it has everything your wanting

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  3. bmroy

bmroy Member

Php Probid has the stores availability but the multiple item in one auction is not currently supported as well. There is a huge market for what your asking for but there's minimal companies actually doing it. Php pro bid has ignored my request for this mod along with several other companies. We are currently in development with a company from India to develop this mod. Keep in touch and i can keep you updated on this progress. Or if you find another provider shoot me an email as well. Just curious what is xw auctions soaking you for per auction?

Thanks,
    Brandon

Sean.T33 likes this.
  4. jjjason84

jjjason84 Donor Donor

Coding to allow sell multiple items in 1 package is much easier to do then trying to make a store i have gave it a good thought about it on how to make one and it would use about half the webid codes to make a store. I have made a few mods and themes for webid and got better with php coding but i think there is only a few members that maybe can make a store mod. I think after my webid is done i will try to make a store mod i know it wont be easy and will take me a long time to make one lol.

Sean.T33 likes this.
  5. bmroy

bmroy Member

So would you be interested in making a mod so that multiple items could be sold under one event. I would support $$$ this mod!

Sean.T33 likes this.
  6. jjjason84

jjjason84 Donor Donor

what do you mean multiple items could be sold under one event ?

Do you mean multiple item quantity sold in 1 auction
    or
    Do you mean different items that are sold in 1 auction?

Sean.T33 likes this.
  7. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

I already thought you could sell multiple items in 1 auction in WeBid select either dutch auction or buy it now only and enter a quantity so if you have 100 items the same select 100 after choosing dutch or buy now only

8. bmroy

bmroy Member

The current thought is that one item is an auction. The users that are interested in the mod would need a group of items to be considered an auction. There needs to be a catalog of items that are available for sale on a specific day. On the admin side you need to be able to create a catalog of items with a close date and space the close of those items out by an increment of 3-5 minutes or so. You need a way like when you click on the category that all the items in that catalog display. I have seen other companies just make a category being a date and group items that way but you need to manually set the closing times to make this work. There also needs to be a way to display on the home page the different catalogs with some information about the event. I have been working on this since feb. But i am not a programmer only a mechanical engineer with some programming knowledge. This would be of great interest for charity auctions and users that setup online auctions which mimic live auctions. Please message if you need more info.:

9. Sean.T33

Sean.T33 New Member

Hello all this is exactly what we are needing and i sincerely hope there is good news with developments..

Where we come from it's classifed as "lots". I have spent literally days and hours and some with no sleep... looking for a script that offers this. I've probably gone over about close to 100 if not more but to no avail... I contacted numerous scripts developers even phpprobid and their response was that the feature that I am currently wanting is not supported by them, however with customiztion, it can be done from their side.

So I am pulling out this thread from the dead in the hope that there is good news 7 years later because in all honesty webid/u-actions is much better looking anyway and more user-friendly...

I do not mind in paying for customization work with a couple of members or even by myself for the module as I know it will be beneficial to the members of this website so please all we are wanting is to have a single lot/auction & multiple lots/items auction. So either we can select to sell one car or we'd like to select to sell the whole lot of cars from a police station etc and i have attached an example with the multiple lot/auction items.

I need this pretty urgent due to deadline and I hope to hear from you guys soon

Thank you and regards
    Sean

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2019
  10. martin.de.gier

martin.de.gier New Member