SMS/TEXT verification integrated with Twilio API with blacklist 1.0

now keep spammers away with sms verification method

1. ian culter

ian culter Member

i have installed this on ver 1.2.2 and after clicking on verify it doesnt send any sms
    also im getting these errors
    30-09-2016, 03:43:38: Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: PASS on /home/mak/public_html/includes/template/Template.php(163) : eval()'d code line 189
    30-09-2016, 03:43:38: Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: OTP on /home/mak/public_html/register.php line 586

line 586 is 'MISSING17' => ($missing['OTP']) ? 1 : 0, // sms mod

can anyone help resolve this ?
    thanks

2. Srdjan Sajin

Srdjan Sajin Member

Can you integrate it with SMSAPI.com ?

3. Amyn

Amyn New Member

Good job Captain; but theres one problem is: People may use disposal sms receivers and not their real phone numbers,.

4. kslakhani

kslakhani Active Member

Disposal sms receivers are limited you can easily find their numbers and put it on blacklist.
    Also you can show warning not to use disposal numbers as it may impact in future alerts, services like pass change, payment send/receive, personal details changed bla bla bla.
    In your terms and condition tell your users we will not share your personal info to third party even FBI;)

5. ninasy

ninasy New Member

Please help me, cant find the register.php

6. Jay Hunt

Jay Hunt New Member

It's right in your WeBid root folder (webid\register.php)

7. Cash Crusaders NZ

Cash Crusaders NZ New Member

I HOPE THIS CONTRIBUTION WILL HELP WITH THE CORRECTION OF INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS. IT'S JUST THAT PEOPLE WITH MY LOW SKILLS LEVEL NEED PRECISE INSTRUCTIONS IN ORDER TO SUCCEED. I AM WRITING IN CAPS AS I HAVE ADDED LOTS CODE IN LOWER CASE AND DON'T WANT TO CONFUSE THE READER AND MAKE IT EASIER TO READ.. NO OFFENSE MEANT.

IN SMS.PHP THE FOLOWING INFO IS REQUIRED:
    THE “yoursite” IN LINE: require_once('/yoursite/twilio/Services/Twilio.php'); // Loads the library
    MY DOMAIN www.cashcrusaders.co.nz IS A ADDON DOMAIN AND THEREFORE IN A DIRECTORY OF ITS OWN, NAMELY: public_html/cahcrusaders/........
    IN THE ADMIN THE “yoursite” IS SET AS https://www.cashcrusaders.co.nz/
    WHAT MUST THE “yoursite” IN THE CODE LINE THEN BE? SHOULD I MAKE IT /cash crusaders/twilio/Services/Twilio.php OR JUST MAKE IT /twilio/Services/Twilio.php WITHOUT THE “Yoursite” INFO AS IT IS ALREADY IN THE ADMIN SETUP.

CHANGES FOR register.php
    CHANGES UP TO HERE SEEMS OK AND CODE THAT NEEDS TO BE FOUND FOR EITHER A REPLACE OR A INSERT, “AFTER”, IS OK.

AT THIS POINT I MUST FIND:
    $query = "SELECT email FROM " . $DBPrefix . "users WHERE email = '" . $system->cleanvars($_POST['TPL_email']) . "'";
    $res = mysql_query($query);
    $system->check_mysql($res, $query, __LINE__, __FILE__);
    if (mysql_num_rows($res) > 0)
    {
    $ERR = $ERR_115; // E-mail already used
    }

HOWEVER THE VERSION 1.2.1 (1.2.2) THAT I HAVE, READS DIFFERENT. IT READS:
    $query = "SELECT email FROM " . $DBPrefix . "users WHERE email = '" . $system->cleanvars($_POST['TPL_email']) . "'";
    $res = mysql_query($query);
    $system->check_mysql($res, $query, __LINE__, __FILE__);
    if (mysql_num_rows($res) > 0)
    {
    $ERR = $ERR_115; // E-mail already used
    }

CODE LIKE:
    “$system->check_mysql($res, $query, __LINE__, __FILE__);” is different”,
    SO I HAVE TO ASSUME THAT THE CODE THAT NEED NTO BE INSERTED AFTER THIS POINT IS NOT CORRECT??? PLEASE CONFIRM IF THIS IS OK OR CAN YOU PROVIDE THE CORRECT CODE.

HERE IS ALSO A DIFFERENCE IN CODE THAT MUST BE FOUND:
    $query = "INSERT INTO " . $DBPrefix . "usersips VALUES
    (NULL, " . intval($TPL_id_hidden) . ", '" . $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] . "', 'first','accept')";
    $system->check_mysql(mysql_query($query), $query, __LINE__, __FILE__);

HOWEVER IT LOOKS LIKE THIS:
    $query = "INSERT INTO " . $DBPrefix . "usersips VALUES
    (NULL, :id_hidden, :remote_addr, 'first', 'accept')";
    I DON’T THINK THE CODE THAT MUST INSERTED AFTER THIS SHOULD BE AFFECTED. BUT I WOULD NOT KNOW.
    unset($_SESSION['random_otp']); //finish sms verification so just clean the session

IN REGISTER.TPL THE FOLLOWING IS ALSO DIFFERENT
    FIND:
    <input type="text" class="form-control" placeholder="Your 10 digit mobile number" name="TPL_phone" maxlength="10" value="{V_PHONE}" <!-- IF MISSING11 eq 1 -->class="missing"<!-- ENDIF -->>

IN VERSION 1.2.1(1.2.2) IT ACTUALLY READS
    <input type="text" name="TPL_phone" class="form-control" value="{V_PHONE}" <!-- IF MISSING11 eq 1 -->id="inputError1"<!-- ENDIF -->>

I DON’T THINK HERE WILL BE A PROBLEM WITH THE INSERTED CODE.

8. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

Maybe you should read this post and then ther is no need for caps http://www.webidsupport.com/forums/...t-code-to-the-forums-in-the-correct-way.8734/

9. Cash Crusaders NZ

Good Day, I have read the info on your suggested links. I understand what you say but I am not suggesting new code or changes, but try and show the mismatch between installation instructions(code) and the latest version(code). Thats the pieces you suggest one must find and either insert after or replace. Therefore the format. Can you possibly review again and make some suggestions where I have indicated serious differences. It is basically 2 places. Thanks.

10. nay27uk

No the link I directed you to is the correct way of posting "any code" here on the forums so you do not need CAPS.
    Above you have posted lots of code (see Quote above), and you have used caps to separate code from text, that code should have been posted like BELOW, Hence why I posted the link to how to post code to the forums (read the link again).

Your post #47 above formatted using the correct BBCODE from the link I provided above

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    CHANGES FOR register.php
    CHANGES UP TO HERE SEEMS OK AND CODE THAT NEEDS TO BE FOUND FOR EITHER A REPLACE OR A INSERT, “AFTER”, IS OK.

AT THIS POINT I MUST FIND:
    PHP:
    $query "SELECT email FROM " $DBPrefix "users WHERE email = '" $system->cleanvars($_POST['TPL_email']) . "'";
    $res mysql_query($query);
    $system->check_mysql($res$query__LINE____FILE__);
    if (
    mysql_num_rows($res) > 0)
    {
    $ERR $ERR_115// E-mail already used
    }
    HOWEVER THE VERSION 1.2.1 (1.2.2) THAT I HAVE, READS DIFFERENT. IT READS:
    PHP:
    $query "SELECT email FROM " $DBPrefix "users WHERE email = '" $system->cleanvars($_POST['TPL_email']) . "'";
    $res mysql_query($query);
    $system->check_mysql($res$query__LINE____FILE__);
    if (
    mysql_num_rows($res) > 0)
    {
    $ERR $ERR_115// E-mail already used
    }
    CODE LIKE:
    PHP:
    “$system->check_mysql($res$query__LINE____FILE__);” is different”,
    SO I HAVE TO ASSUME THAT THE CODE THAT NEED NTO BE INSERTED AFTER THIS POINT IS NOT CORRECT??? PLEASE CONFIRM IF THIS IS OK OR CAN YOU PROVIDE THE CORRECT CODE.

HERE IS ALSO A DIFFERENCE IN CODE THAT MUST BE FOUND:
    PHP:
    $query "INSERT INTO " $DBPrefix "usersips VALUES
    (NULL, " 
    intval($TPL_id_hidden) . ", '" $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] . "', 'first','accept')";
    $system->check_mysql(mysql_query($query), $query__LINE____FILE__);
    HOWEVER IT LOOKS LIKE THIS:
    PHP:
    $query "INSERT INTO " $DBPrefix "usersips VALUES
    (NULL, :id_hidden, :remote_addr, 'first', 'accept')"
    ;
    I DON’T THINK THE CODE THAT MUST INSERTED AFTER THIS SHOULD BE AFFECTEDBUT I WOULD NOT KNOW.
    unset(
    $_SESSION['random_otp']); //finish sms verification so just clean the session
    IN REGISTER.TPL THE FOLLOWING IS ALSO DIFFERENT
    FIND:
    Code:
    <input type="text" class="form-control" placeholder="Your 10 digit mobile number" name="TPL_phone" maxlength="10" value="{V_PHONE}" <!-- IF MISSING11 eq 1 -->class="missing"<!-- ENDIF -->>
    IN VERSION 1.2.1(1.2.2) IT ACTUALLY READS
    Code:
    <input type="text" name="TPL_phone" class="form-control" value="{V_PHONE}" <!-- IF MISSING11 eq 1 -->id="inputError1"<!-- ENDIF -->>
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

END

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  11. nay27uk

Just to Quote and repeat myself yet again as I seem to do a lot on this forum.

Every WeBid modification should state at the top of the modification page what version of WeBid the modification is compatible with and in this case it clearly states this.
    LOOK.jpg
    The modification you are trying to get to work is clearly an SQL Modification for WeBid 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 so will be for those versions of WeBid ONLY and not for WeBid 1.2.2.
    At version WeBid 1.2.0 we switched to using PDO instead of SQL, this is why the instructions are wrong and why it wont work on your version, it is for WeBid 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 ONLY.

You should only try to install modifications that state WeBid V1.2.* or above if you are using the latest version of WeBid that is WeBid 1.2.2.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  12. Cash Crusaders NZ

Thanks for the help. My apologies for the incorrect way of posting. Will ensure I do I right the next time. As far as versions is concerned, I find that the mods is not always consistent in terms of the versions it applies. Maybe it is time that the mods keeps track of the upgrades of WeBid and also upgraded with the correct installation instructions for the versions of WeBid, or are INCORPORATED in the new version of Webid as it is released. The activation(Use/Not Use) of such features could then be managed in ADMIN. Would that not be a better way of managing your configuration control and ensure that these great contributions are not lost to latter versions of WeBid. Upgrades can then be done with confidence as one wil know which mods is include or excluded in the new versions.

Just as suggestion.

13. nay27uk

Yeah I am going through them all now to make it more clear to people. Please do not add any more modifications for a few days until I complete my clean up of the resources section they will then clearly state in the title WeBid X.X.X ONLY so people can see clearly before clicking on a modification.

As for upgrades to modifications it is members that submit them not the owner of WeBid Renlok or the Mods of the forum Me and Boxlot although we do add our own modifications and you will find we mostly keep them up to date we cant force other members to update their submissions for every new version of WeBid hence why the version numbers are there. Modifications for older Versions of Webid are left there because believe it or not ther are still people out there using versions of WeBid as old as WeBid 0.1.0.