Sellers own catergory

Discussion in 'General PHP' started by skyhigh, Mar 19, 2012.

1. skyhigh

skyhigh Member

Can this be done i really need it i tried one with html but it strewed up any way with php

2. Xeonn

Xeonn New Member

what exactly you want to achive?

3. skyhigh

skyhigh Member

Just in case a seller has alot of items in different category it will be easier for people to nagivate

4. Box Lot

Box Lot Super Moderator Staff Member Developer

In addition to the link to all of their auctions that already exists?;
    site/active_auctions.php?user_id=xx

5. skyhigh

skyhigh Member

Seller catergory

i know about that one box am saying something like in homepage catergory menu but only shows the sellers item

6. skyhigh

skyhigh Member

Is any one gonna help me with this or should i pay one of u's to make it happen this is the last of all the mods i need before i can upload the site

7. Xeonn

Xeonn New Member

you mean, that on active_auctions you want to show on left for ex. categories with seller's auctions?

8. skyhigh

skyhigh Member

i want to place catergory menu showing that sellers item only like in homepage

9. skyhigh

skyhigh Member

Hey guys

Am stil wait 4 ur replys

10. Box Lot

Box Lot Super Moderator Staff Member Developer

Please don't bump your postings everyday or multiple times a day. You also have no less then 3 threads started about the same issue and you should only post a question once. Best thing would have been to bump your original thread from December that did have a lot of input. At this point continuing here is probably best.

Multiple threads about the same topic make finding solutions much more difficult and bumping produces email notification to those involved as well as placing the thread in the new threads search which are often reviewed daily but heavy users and can actually serve to have your postings get less participation.

People are responding to your thread and will respond if they have a solution. Bumping should be done after a reasonable period of time passes.

I believe that you want the system to automatically to produce a category for every single user you have now and in the future.

This will take custom coding unless you have so few users that you could actually use the code already noted for users current auctions and make those hard coded categories.

At least 2 users have noted that they don't understand having categories for every user due to the sheer number it would produce and, therefore, are not interested in building the code as they see less benefit then other solutions they may be producing and/or see no benefit to the project as a whole.

If my understanding is not correct and/or you can elaborate on the benefit of ever building user categories then you should clarify as this may spark interest in producing your solution for you.

Regardless, not all threads are responded to or necessarily solved in short order so patience is necessary and may involve taking brief suggestions and looking at similar php calls to build your own solution.

11. Xeonn

Xeonn New Member

Agree with Box Lot in 100% . You should wait if anyone can make it. I'm working on showing seller categories in active auctions so it will be easy adapted than to your request , BUT !!! IT TAKES TIME TO MAKE IT WORK DUE TO NOT DESTROING MY PRESENT SITE , if you don't understand it , it means that you are not professional site owner. IMO of course.

12. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

This would be dificult even for renlok.

He has PM'd me several times on this and What he is asking is that when viewing a sellers active auctions It would have a side panel with categories like it is on the homepage this would have the heading of say "sellers categories" this side panel would then list only the categories that, that perticular seller had items for sale in, as well as the category item counter so it would look somthing like this.

nay27uk's active auctions

nay27uk's Categories
    Art (3)
    Household Goods (2)
    Computers (5)

Hope you see what he wants to achive.

I personaly think it would be far easier to just have the category listed in the actual list of auctions, for example.

Picture, Title, Category, Bid, Ends
    Auction pic, Auction Title, the category, Actual Bid, End Date

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  13. skyhigh

skyhigh Member

Ya i know but u guys are programmers so u can kick the codes from behind cos u guys are the boss unto the last sentence that isnt difficult 4 me do just dont see any reason for that

14. pani100

pani100 Well-Known Member

And then all the links will open pages with only those user auctions for that category. A lot of work and new pages but it does sound good especially for future shop use. might have a play one day time permitting to see how far we can push it.

15. Xeonn

Xeonn New Member

Trying think further we should use

Select * FROM categories LETF JOIN ( JOIN or something else ) webid_users JOin active_auctions WHERE $user.id

this is only example code. I don't know join command well yet , but IMO this should look like above ex.
    so we must get from select (all ) categories JOIN user id , join auctions active for user . this is much simpliest that taking code from catalist used in WeBid.

Or we can take categories code which is for home page , and add specific user id by sql select .

16. skyhigh

skyhigh Member

Ok luv d effort already made this is a gud thing

17. skyhigh

skyhigh Member

Own category

Willing to pay for this mod i tell ya just to get it over with oh and happy sunday webiders

18. skyhigh

skyhigh Member

Sellers own cate

Wow this is really something