select category drop down not working on ipad

Discussion in 'General Support' started by ianhaney, May 13, 2013.

1. ianhaney

ianhaney New Member

Hi

I am trying to get the select category drop down working on a ipad

I thought if I enter onClick="return true" to the select tag, it would work, it does but it cancel's out the select category button that should appear when clicking on a category

How do I get it to work on a ipad without cancelling out the select category button to go onto the next step

Kind regards

Ian

2. ianhaney

ianhaney New Member

It's ok solved it now, had to change the following for anyone else needing to do the same thing

onClick="SubmitBoxes({boxes.I})"

TO

onchange="SubmitBoxes({boxes.I})"

3. Avantime4mike

Avantime4mike New Member

Where do you make this change please? I have several users complaining of this issue.

4. ianhaney

ianhaney New Member

Hi

Think it was in the header.php or header.tpl file, not used it for a while so can't exactly remember the filename but if I remember rightly, was def in a filename like header.php or header.tpl file

I can have a look tomorrow for you if you like and find the exact file

5. Xray2000

Xray2000 Donor Donor

I have try this but it seems not to work, anyone have a better idea to fix this ?

6. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

Are you making sure you are clearing the template cache after your edits in admin by clicking the CLEAR CACHE button? (has to be done every time you make any change to any .tpl file)

If you are clearing the cache after then try this as OnClick and OnChange do not work on ios and needs replacing with OnBlur

onblur="SubmitBoxes({boxes.I})"

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  7. Xray2000

Xray2000 Donor Donor

Hi nay27uk,

What i do is the follow, i download via FTP the file select_category.tpl i hope this the correct one to change it?

After i have made changes on my local PC i upload again the file via FTP, then indeed i do a clean cash.

Now i have try again with OnBlur but this is also not helps i can select the category but that's it, also it dont work anymore on the PC side also. any more idea's ?

Thanks!

8. nay27uk

sorry but I don't have a clue I found the onblur by google "onclick, onchange not working on IOS" google is your best friend for this one.

CLICK ME

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  9. pani100

pani100 Well-Known Member

I am working on a variation for the select page, dynamically populating dropdowns. I have managed to get it to a working stage. The only problem I have is when we need to change directory once we have proceeded in the sell page, the selection starts from the top directory again. It is not that much of an issue but would be nice if it did (don't know if it is possible yet without re-writing everything). As usual you can test it on my test site (see signature) and see what you think.
    In the select_category page use "Auction Setup - Test" section found under the standard webid category selection.

nay27uk likes this.
  10. Xray2000

Xray2000 Donor Donor

Wow i just take a look on your website nice done !!! And i have also test the catergory select nice works also, i like to have that one for my side if possible ;)

Thanks!

11. Xray2000

Xray2000 Donor Donor

And the good news this is also working on the IPAD and on the Blackberry device, the orginal is not working! great job man !!

12. pani100

Identified an error returning from a deep subcategory and now working on repopulating dropdowns if returning from sell page and want to change directory. Haven't tried it on iphone or ipad but works on samsung S5 pretty good. There will be a few crashes and glitches as I am working on it now

13. Xray2000

Xray2000 Donor Donor

Ok nice is there a way i can use it when it is ready ?

Is there a way to use it on a standard Webid without any mods or other themes?

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  14. pani100

Yes I will add it on standard webid when all done and add it in the mod section for all to enjoy. Just done the return with select button active again for multiple depth directory (6 subdirectories deep). Its looking good.
    Next stage will try to add secondary category in the equation.

Xray2000 likes this.
  15. Xray2000

Xray2000 Donor Donor

Looks nice and cool ;)

16. super_st

super_st Well-Known Member

Yes Pani has an amazing theme, you need to add the sort by dropdowns on search results page as a mod, desperatly want that :D
    The ones on this forum i tried dont seem to work and i cant figure them out. :D

17. pani100

Thanks guys. I have added secondary categories now in. All working apart from a small issue which is also present in the original script.
    The following occurs.
    First categories gets repopulated when returning back to select a change in the first category.
    On the secondary category it does not use any pre existing selection and starts the selection from the first main category. I think I know why this is happening and will try to see if I can rectify on the mod.
    Also we should probably disable selecting the exact same secondary category as the first category. Will see what I can do.

18. pani100

Update:
    Duplicate prevention done but the auto populating of secondary category will be left without (as original webid behaviour). As the php script is it would probably require a major re-write for a not so important issue. I will leave as it is and thoroughly test the progress up to now.

Xray2000 likes this.
  19. nay27uk

Panni if you don't mind when you have done this and uploaded it as a MOD could you link to it in the bug fixes thread as well please as I think this is a bug fix that the next SERVICE PACK would benefit from as a lot of people use mobile devices these days.

20. Xray2000

Xray2000 Donor Donor

The theme of super_st has also this bug fix i have try it on some mobile devices and the IPAD and it works perfect.

nay27uk likes this.