Reporting an auction issue

Discussion in 'Modding/Theme Help' started by SteveM, Aug 11, 2018.

1. SteveM

SteveM New Member

Ok, I have found an issue with the reporting of auctions functionality. It only half works. What I mean is yes, a user can go in and report an auction to the admins and yes the list reported auctions sort of works but what doesn't really work is this;
    When a user reports an auction, the values in the drop down list for reasons is hard coded to the template file and the only thing that gets saved in the database is the number associated with that reason and the users number but because of that, the reasons would have to be hard coded into the list reported auctions report.
    Which brings me to the second thing that only half works. The list reported auctions does give the admins a list of reported auctions and they can view them and suspend them and all that but it never shows the admins who reported it or gives any reason why they reported it. This poses a potential security risk for trollers to start reporting all auctions for whatever reason they feel with no way for the admins to check.

I would like to add in the functionality for the admins to be able to allow reporting or not, default of yes, and have the admins be able to add to the list or change the list of reasons available to suit their auction sites, defaults will be the existing ones. maybe even give the user a spot to give their own reason that's not on the list. And fix the list report to display the reason and user information properly as well.

My question is, should this all be on it's own settings page or should I just add it to say the moderation settings page? Or is the general consensus to leave it alone it's not that important anyway?

Thoughts?

2. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2018
  3. SteveM

SteveM New Member

Yeah I saw that thread. It looked to be almost 2 years old though so I figured it was forgotten. I like your report though, I will do something like that.

4. pani100

pani100 Well-Known Member

Hi SteveM,
    Yes it looks like there is a lot missing in the admin side.
    First of all we can't change or add reasons. This the admin should be able to alter. Also there is no choise of what happens to the auction depending on the reason reported (like disabling if reason is a serious one).
    If you look at this mod:http://www.webidsupport.com/forums/index.php?resources/report-listing-mod.19/
    it has everything that is needed. Another issue is, as you mentioned, the admin page does not show reason or who reported and the query I think tries to bunch all same auctions together.
    It looks like only half of the mod was added. The mod is pre PDO but should be easily changed over.

5. SteveM

SteveM New Member

I am making progress with this fix/mod...
    I have an admin section where you can disable user report altogether if you wish. You can now add, delete(doesn't actually delete, just hides) reasons.
    Auctions can be reported with admin added reasons as well.

I just have to work on the list side in admin. I haven't committed any of these changes yet to my GitHub or the main one yet.