Registration help

Discussion in 'General PHP' started by ripper, Jun 28, 2014.

1. ripper

ripper New Member

How can I insert extra field in registration in 1.0.6
    like, What is 2 + 4 = 6
    to avoid fake registrations
    or is there another way of doing this?

2. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

I am not familiar with version 1.0.6. I only have used 1.1.0 and 1.1.1.

Are you being attacked with spam bots registering on your site? A few people have been complaining recently about getting a lot of spam bots registering on their site.

I just recently read the spam bots can solve math problems and they will get by that solution.

The old captcha is to simple for bots to figure out but, there is a mod for it that I tested yesterday over 200 times and it stopped every attempt from spam bots trying to register on my site. Try this captcha modification in post #66 in this link Dahlsvarehus.com's Captcha Mod Update and see if it helps.

3. ripper

ripper New Member

yes david recently i have been attacked with spam bots and it's really annoying :) bots from canada, us and i have to delete them one by one.. now I have upgraded to 1.1.1 and i will look in to dahlsvarehus´s mod update :)

4. ripper

ripper New Member

thanks david62311 i followed up on Dahlvarehus.com´s Captcha Mod update and it worked fine :)

5. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

ripper, I am glad to hear that that mod worked. That Captcha mod was very well needed to replace that old basic one that webid had that was so easy for the spam bots to read.