Payment Gateway Questions

Discussion in 'General Support' started by paditur, Oct 2, 2009.

1. paditur

paditur New Member

Hello all,

I have a couple of questions regarding the payment gateways.

1) When a bidder pays, right now they are only shown the ability to pay either by PayPal or Authorize.net. How are they able to select other options such as Wire Transfer or Check/Money Order?

2) When a bidder selects PayPal, they get the following message on PayPal:
    'This seller accepts encrypted website payments only. You cannot pay the seller through un-encrypted buttons. Please contact your seller for more details.' How do I input encrypted PayPal buttons? I cannot afford to purchase an SSL cert so this is the next best thing for security.

Thanks!

2. carinspector

carinspector New Member

1) You can add the payment options in the admin panel under Settings - Payment Method.

2) SSL is the best way to manage this. GoDaddy.com sells SSL certificates for $29.99 per year.

BTW - PayPal really screwed me over. I had a significant balance in PayPal and moved. When I changed my address, PayPal seized my account and I could not accept or send payments nor could I withdraw my money from my PayPal account. The end result was I had to wait 18 months to get my money from the account and could still not accept or send payments. Their customer (no) service was really sorry, but did nothing to help me. I would steer clear of them at any cost if I were you. :mad:

Authorize.net puts your money directly into your bank account within 24 hours after the payment has been made. :p

3. paditur

paditur New Member

Thanks so much for your response...I did add additional payment options to this section. When I listed my test item, I selected all available Payment methods. Then I logged in as a bidder and purchased the items. However, when I clicked on the Pay Now button, only the Paypal and Authorize.net options are available. The other payment options such as Money/Order or Wire Transfer are not. Any ideas? I'm sure it's just me missing some setting.

As for Paypal, so many people use it that it would not benefit me to exclude them as an option for people. So my issue with the encrypted payments is still there. I also find Paypal's lack of support frustrating, but what can you do?

4. andre88uk

andre88uk Member

Firstly Encrypted buttons are made using paypals own algorithm (a way of jumbling and unjumbling stuff).

If paypal released this info then it would be pointless them bothering to encrypt it.

Second;y these buttons are made "on the fly" so cannot be encrypted at creatoin as it just wudnt work.

Lastly the auction script will probably contain some checks in the IPN to ensure that the person who got paid is yourself and the amount is correct.

5. paditur

paditur New Member

Thank you!

6. pragakhan

pragakhan New Member

I have a problem with this too!

I have: PayPal, Authorize.Net, Money Order

1) I create an auction with all three payments, as the buyer I select "Pay" from either Outstanding Balances or Auctions I've Won and receive a screen with only PayPal and Authorize.net listed.

2) I create an auction with only Money Order checked, as the buyer I receive the same response from pressing "Pay" as I do above.

How is this supposed to work?

Edit -

I also noticed when I BIN I receive a response that simply says: "Item Purchased Sucessfully."

Shouldn't there be a link or something to direct the user to the pay window?

Thanks!

7. pragakhan

pragakhan New Member

I am drawing a blank with this and see another user had a similar question posted last month.

In the database I can mark an auction paid, but I am unsure how this is supposed to happen w/o editing the database?

8. filbert

filbert New Member

payment gateway using WeBid o.8.2?

When someone clicks on pay now button it will direct them to this page below.

Please proceed to one of the payment gateways listed below to pay the seller the amount of. If you wish to via an alternative method contact ----- to find out how.

But underneath this there is nothing that shows how to pay, no button to direct you to paypal.?

What am I missing?

9. pragakhan

pragakhan New Member

I think I had to enable PayPal under Fees -> Payment Gateways - whether or not I enable fee's, this seems to awaken PayPal.

10. filbert

filbert New Member

payment gateway using WeBid o.8.2?

I think I Found it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  11. pragakhan

pragakhan New Member

Oh wait, I think I remember now... Once I enabled PayPal under the fees menu, my test user was able to enter his PayPal email address under Control Panel.

Once he had his email in this spot, started an auction, selected PayPal, I get the link to PayPal on the pay page now.

12. d_j_burton

d_j_burton New Member

Hi,

just installed this, great piece of software - thanks.

I've seen this limitation too. Unfortunately there's no database table listing all of the options available to pay per auction, it's just listed in the payment field on the database auctions table. The pay.php code will only display paypal or authorize.net buttons.

I'm currently expanding my pay.php page so it displays the list of available options the seller ticked. It won't do anything fancy but I figure it's better than a blank page which looks confusing. This is after adding the fix to the code which sorts out the payment method going into the DB in the first place.

Cheers!

13. robertgo

robertgo New Member

Burton,

Having the same issue would you mind sharing your pay.php mods?

14. d_j_burton

d_j_burton New Member