one point oh (SVN revisions)

Discussion in 'Testers' started by renlok, Dec 25, 2009.

1. renlok

renlok Administrator Staff Member

zack you should post this in the showcase forum this thread is solely for feedback from the SVN

2. bigdog

bigdog New Member

Confirmed there is no, you've been out bid emails being sent
    as well as other things you mention testing r 226

3. bigdog

bigdog New Member

Hi testing 226 this is what I found so far

When a auction is featured it is showing two speparate but exact auctions
    under its category and all category's view,

when I go into the database direct and change the feature value to "n" it shows
    normal again for that purticular auction.

somewhere in the feature related code when enabled it is duplicating the
    auction somehow and showing it twice.

also no you've been out bid reminders are being sent with this version as well

This bug was found posting a item for auction trying to use a inline image in the
    description area

In the editor when trying to add/link-to a image to the product description
    area, under image properties- image info in the preview box this is shown.

sem, in tempus tellus justo quis ligula. Etiam eget tortor. Vestibulum rutrum, est ut placerat elementum, lectus nisl aliquam velit, tempor aliquam eros nunc nonummy metus. In eros metus, gravida a, gravida sed, lobortis id, turpis. Ut ultrices, ipsum at venenatis fringilla, sem nulla lacinia tellus, eget aliquet turpis mauris non enim. Nam turpis. Suspendisse lacinia. Curabitur ac tortor ut ipsum egestas elementum. Nunc imperdiet gravida mauris.

4. paditur

paditur New Member

Bigdog. I can confirm that the duplication happens with SVN226 - but if I remember, this has been an ongoing issue for a while now. And you are correct Outbid notices are not working either.

5. paditur

paditur New Member

Finally got a new hosting company. Hopefully I can start testing again this weekend. I see that SVN 237 now has subtitles and secondary categories. Good work!

6. Box Lot

Box Lot Super Moderator Staff Member Developer

Drag! Took the leap again moving to r.237 to test incrementally again given the change in schedule.

Install functions completely redone and stumped on the error stopping installation right after the update screen:
    Saw this happen a few versions ago but no one posted how they got around it.

EDIT: Hand editing the DB and moving on but this probably needs to be looked at. Think there may be a missing GLOBAL somewhere.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  7. renlok

oh in functions.php replace
    PHP:
    $res mysql_query($query) ;

$system->check_mysql($res$query__LINE____FILE__);
    with
    PHP:
    $res = @mysql_query($query);
    i guess i never tested the upgrade part :p

8. Box Lot

Thanks, glad I could catch that. That was my guess, should have tried it. Hand edited the DB instead.

However, can't begin to tell you how much this broke functionality for me but I'm determined to fix rather then revert all the way back as I'm afraid I'll never get to 1.0 unless I do incrementals.

I had to take out all of the cat1/cat2 stuff and go back to cat to get reasonable functions back.

So far I've had to back down to my old sell.php and
    includes/
    sellfunctions.inc.php (did change name to functions_sell.inc)
    functions.global.php

And still working things. Especially towards getting my gallery edits function back on edit.

I've gotten them back on the initial edit screen (which wouldn't come up with old files, would go to select category) but it only shows the word for gallery. Appears to be something with the if/then for gallery.

Not enough straight in my head to say much more, still working getting back to my functioning site and various appearance issues that also broke.

Tried with new auction too with same results. (SOLVED, see below)

Advanced search broken again at least with selection of category drop down, refreshes as previously reported. I would have to review the fix that I think I noted but until then I'm reverting back to the original of that file as well. After I get back to functioning I'll try slow comparisons of the files again.
    EDIT: now advanced search producing no results on simple title search. (SOLVED: issue is in includes/browseitems.inc.php, too late but will check if that was my edit or one in SVN).

Maintenance text no longer shows, just white screen. Replaced old includes/maintainance and working but haven't done comparison yet to see what's up.

9. Box Lot

Picture gallery issue.
    You've deleted the webid_settings picturegallery field both with install and update and it's required. Adding it back got my galleries to show up on list an edit.

10. Box Lot

I can edit existing auctions but get the generic error set in Admin (with nothing ore in the error log) when trying to list a new auction. Working fast and furious to get to a comfortable stopping place close to where the site was before SVN but I don't think you have cat1 and cat2 set in sellfuctions.

Subtitle doesn't seem to be in DB or tpl.

EDIT: Still can't sell new items and I'm out of ideas why. Gets all the way to the confirmation screen just fine but then throws a no information generic error and doesn't list the item.
    I have added the 2 category stuff back in but haven't switched it on until I can get a single category new listing to work.

11. Box Lot

Still working the new listing issue.

Even with replacing the old sell.php and sellfunctions.inc files I can't get passed the confirmation screen for new listings. With the old files or the new sell.php/functions_sell.inc the same thing occurs so it's got to be something else.

With either combination the editing of existing auctions goes through fine all the way to the confirmed/linked result.

It appears that rather then add cat2 you've redone both and I'm not sure how that plays in here. I've compared until my eyes are bleary and probably passed the issue without realizing it.

Any clues where else I can look? It's really the last thing to fix after moving to SVN but of course it's critical.

Once done I'm going to keep up with you again.

I might also note that though it is a Mod it may narrow the issue, the sell from category also results in an error. Indicates the category variable stuff to me.

Maybe auction types? which also appear to have been changed.

EDIT: Fresh install in another directory and same sell results with generic error but the auction does go through. Sell functions have issues.

12. Box Lot

r237

Default everything.

Pictures, gallery and thumbs show on auction creation but not getting created (neither is upload folder).

If you then go back and edit the existing auction the gallery is empty. If you enter a picture again and process the auction gets created with the auction link success screen.

All images for newly listed items are placed in the temporary uploaded/ file which is never converted to the auction id file. The only way to create an auction id is to edit an existing.

I know I've written a lot in the last two days but would appreciate a quick read of it all.

EDIT:
    r.240
    Go to sell:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in SITE/includes/template.php(166) : eval()'d code on line 63
    tried to find the bracket issue but just moved the issue to another.

Go to edit existing:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in SITE/includes/functions_sell.inc.php on line 34. This same error when go to list with default theme.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  13. paditur

paditur New Member

just installed r241
    so far changes in auctions settings don't work. the last time something like this happened, it was because of a sql error. not sure where i can find this to fix it. any ideas?

In Contact Seller: I make changes but not verification shows up

In Time Setting: Whenever I click on it to change, I get rerouted to ifastnet.com/norify/2.php LOL - I can't make it stop.

I installed r242:
    But when I go to: http://hallestreasuresonline.com/auctions/admin/time.php
    I still get sent to: http://ifastnet.com/notify/2.php

Is it just me?

Also I cannot update Auction Settings and when in Contact Sellerm when I make changes but not verification shows up

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  14. paditur

paditur New Member

I installed r248
    -Changes in auctions settings don't work.
    -Contact Seller: I make changes but not verification shows up

any ideas?

I checked admin/auctions.php and contactseller.php as well as
    themes/default/admin/adminpages.tpl.php
    But really couldn't find where it went wrong.

Thanks.

15. renlok

when you click save changes in the auctions settings page could you check the error log under tools and tell me what the last few lines are as im not sure why the auction settings page isnt doing anything

16. paditur

paditur New Member

You are a star.
    This is the error log when I try to change the Settings -> Auction Settings:
    and this is the error when i make changes in preferences -> contact seller:

17. renlok

in admin/auctions.php change
    PHP:
    picturesgallery " . $_POST['picturesgallery'] . ",
    to
    PHP:
    picturesgallery " . intval($_POST['picturesgallery']) . ",
    but on the page is anything selected for the Activate Picture Gallery? option? its odd.

also add
    PHP:
    $MSG['25_0155'] = "Users Authentication Settings Updated";
    to the language file :)

18. paditur

paditur New Member

This is the new error log I get now. Is there supposed to be a picturesgallery field in the 'settings' table on the database? Because I cannot find it and perhaps that's what's wrong? I can always manually add it in if you tell me what the proper structure is for that field.
    Code:
    23-04-2010, 23:28:41:: Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: picturesgallery on /home/halle/public_html/auctions/admin/auctions.php line 103
    23-04-2010, 23:29:21:: Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: picturesgallery on /home/halle/public_html/auctions/admin/auctions.php line 56
    23-04-2010, 23:29:21:: Database access error. Please contact the site administrator. UPDATE webid_settings SET
    proxy_bidding = 'y',
    edit_starttime = '1',
    cust_increment = 1,
    hours_countdown = '72',
    ao_hpf_enabled = 'y',
    ao_hi_enabled = 'y',
    ao_bi_enabled = 'y',
    subtitle = 'y',
    extra_cat = 'y',
    ae_status = 'enabled',
    ae_timebefore = 120,
    ae_extend = 60,