one point oh (SVN revisions)

Discussion in 'Testers' started by renlok, Dec 25, 2009.

1. zack215

zack215 New Member

I also forgot to mention that I found that there is not a way to change the logo image in the Admin section on the SVN 225.

2. paditur

paditur New Member

SVN 225:

Weird Bidding Behavior, not sure if it's intentional.

Have you notice that if you put in the minimum bid as suggested, it doesn't take but if you go say a penny over then the bid will be accepted and the amount it shows is the original minimum bid?

For Example:
    Minimum bid is .29
    You enter .29 but get an error that "Your bid is below Minimum bid"
    You then enter .30 and your bid gets accepted, and when you look at the auction again, it says the last bid was .29.

Not sure what is going on there.

3. bigdog

bigdog New Member

Yeh I noticed that as well, Just upload another image named (logo.gif)
    in your themes/ default folder

I cannot save any (display settings) in the admin panel, I get a error, can
    you try that, and let me know what happens? this has been happening for
    quite a few past versions now.

4. paditur

paditur New Member

This is happening to me as well in SVN 225. The work around right now is to go into the MySQL database and manually enter the settings. That page is just not writing to the database for what ever reason.

5. paditur

paditur New Member

Another weird behavior on svn225 (hope this is helping and Renlok if you want me to stop...just lemme know)...

I'm Testing SVN 225. I'm using the default Bid Increments Table
    0.00 - 0.99 -> .28
    1.00 - 9.99 -> .50
    etc...

1) I created an auction for 0.01
    2) The first bidder enters 0.01 everything is fine.
    3) The next bidder logs in and is told the minimum bid is now 0.29
    4) The second bidder enters the amount 0.29 but then gets an error message: "Your bid is below Minimum bid"
    this error message comes up even if the second bidder enters in 0.29
    5) The only way around it was for the second bidder to enter 0.30
    6) Now when you view the auction it says the current bid is 0.29

Not sure why the initial 0.29 that the second bidder put in didn't take. Unless I'm misunderstanding the Proxy Bid?

The Display settings in Admin is generating an error. But you can work around it by manually inputting the settings into the database itself.

I disabled the proxy bid. Then created and auction for .99. But the system wouldn't let me enter the minimum bid of .99. It kept giving me the error: Incorrect money format. (oy!) I then turned Proxy Bidding back on and am still getting Incorrect money format.

6. zack215

zack215 New Member

I just checked mine, and I could not save anything in the display settings without getting an error. And for my logo image, I saved my image in the same folder as the logo.gif, and I went into the settings table on the database to change the name to the same of the new image I wanted.

7. bigdog

bigdog New Member

Going into the database is another way, personally I like to keep things simple
    for future upgrading and stuff, thanks for confirming the display setting save error
    this has been happening since around 7 svn versions ago. I cant test that area

8. zack215

zack215 New Member

I haven't noticed any problems in the 0.8.5P1 version with the display settings error. It dosen't have a section named by that, but the general layout settings, which doesn't have any problems.

9. bigdog

bigdog New Member

Yes confirmed me too , but when I started a auction 0.99 cents (default) or more, everything seemed ok throughout the bidding process, turning off proxy bidding has always caused something or another for me.

10. renlok

renlok Administrator Staff Member

hmm the proxy bidding thing seems to be because PHP fails at maths it seems to think 0.29 < 0.29 is true. >_<

i added the code
    PHP:
    echo $bid .'|' $next_bid .'|';
    echo 
    intval($bid 100) .'<'intval($next_bid 100);
    and it outputs 0.29|0.29|28<29

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  11. paditur

paditur New Member

where can I add this to test? thanks!

12. renlok

datacheck.inc.php but i fixed it in the end i have to use http://php.net/bccomp to compare the values instead it was something to do with php cant convert small floats into binary very well

13. paditur

paditur New Member

LOL. I have no idea what any of that means and then I went to http://php.net/bccomp and now I need an asprin. It's okay tho. I'll just muddle thru with more testing.

14. bigdog

bigdog New Member

Yep, everything seems fixed, what was wrong with the display setting, was it not having
    a confirmation msg? that proxy bidding fix is way over my head I am not even asking about
    that.

15. renlok

with the display settings there was just an error in the SQL i think it was a missing ' or something

16. zack215

zack215 New Member

I have noticed a couple issues with the SVN 255/226,

1. The final fee is being charged to the buyer, not the seller.

2. There is not a place in the admin side to upload the logo image.

17. zack215

zack215 New Member

A possible feature for the 1.0 could be to edit the text of the register page(after the user submits their info and get to the page that says their email has been sent.)

18. paditur

paditur New Member

SVN 226

Just a few things I've noticed so far, I've not had much time with this this week.

1) Send payment reminder from Admin | Users | User Management doesn't send any reminders out

2) When listing an item in a future date, it seems it only accepts a date that is the next day, not a few hours ahead into the future. I remember this being said before, but not 100% sure

3) Fees:
    a) When Listing, only the fees for the Featured, Highlighted, Bold, show up at the bottom of the listing screen, the fees for BIN, Reserve, etc.. don't show when listing although they are correctly charged to the seller account.
    b) Buyer fee. It's a little weird. Instead of charging 10% it's charging 10 cents. It doesn't seem to distinguish between % or flat fee correctly. It thinks it's always a flat fee.
    c) The Seller seems to be getting charged the correct Final Value Fee. I did a Flat Fee of $1.00. I still have to try %.

4) Also, I may be remembering incorrectly since It's been a while, but weren't outbid emails sent when a bidder was outbid? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

On the whole, this is incredibly impressive. You should be very proud of yourself.

19. zack215

zack215 New Member

Just to let everyone know and feel free to check it out, but I just went live with my auction today, its at www.farmerdirectauctions.com. Also, this site is using the newest SVN(226). I tested it on my local machine for a while and think that there aren't enough bugs to keep it from doing what I need. I would like to possible see a classified ads section added into the program. I would like some input on what everyone thinks as well.

20. zack215

zack215 New Member

I want to change what I mentioned earlier about there being a problem with the final fee, I just did another test on it, and it worked like it was suppose to. I did find though that the final fee does not show up in the auction fees when you click on the link at the bottom of the webpage. I would hate to charge a fee that my users wouldn't be able to see what it is.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010