one point oh (SVN revisions)

Discussion in 'Testers' started by renlok, Dec 25, 2009.

1. renlok

renlok Administrator Staff Member

How to download from the SVN: http://www.webidsupport.com/wiki/SVN

This is mainly for if anyones using the SVN post bugs you find here instead of the main bug tracker its easier this way.
    :D

2. paditur

paditur New Member

SVN 211

3 issues found so far:

1. On Admin side Under: Settings -> Auction Settings

Unable to make any changes. Get the following error:
    An unexpected error occurred. The error has been forwarded to our technical team and will be fixed shortly

2. Same thing happens when someone tries to Ask Seller a Question
    (I've attached a screen shot for these two errors)

3. When subnmitting an auction, no email confirmations come thru. (this could me my host, I am going to double check them, as I was able to list a test auction last week and the email came through fine.)

Attached Files:

3. bigdog

bigdog New Member

Same here, I get that same auction setting error with the latest revision 213 as well. I cannot change anything

Big Dog

4. paditur

paditur New Member

These have been fixed in svn216

5. jny

jny New Member

how does this work?

Can someone explain how svn works for me? I downloaded Tortoise SVN and the latest WeBid svn version a couple days or so ago. How do I know when an update has been made, and how do I go about getting the update, and will it only download files that have changed since my last download? And will it let me know which files have changed, so I only need to re-upload those, instead of all of them again?

Thanks!

6. Box Lot

Box Lot Super Moderator Staff Member Developer

You need to check in from time to time:
    http://simpleauction.svn.sourceforge.net/

You could get it on the page above, I like to just go to the one click here:
    http://www.webidsupport.com/wiki/SVN
    You get the whole package every time and need to use some sort of comparison tool if you have made changes to the default package and/or your theme.

File changes are noted on the first link I posted. Click the version next to

7. Guest

Guest Guest

here is how you can get info about new update.
    you download a program that check the page http://simpleauction.svn.sourceforge.net/
    for you, and get you sound or mail when change is detected.

i use Urly Warning. http://www.urlywarning.net/ don´t set it to check too often no need to ping server tons of times. i set mine to check every 3 hours.

8. jny

jny New Member

Thanks for the help, both of you. Much appreciated!

9. Box Lot

I know you probably wanted 0.8.5 Bugs temporarily somewhere else but, duh!, couldn't find the posting. :eek:

Installed the recent payment mod and though it didn't effect this it was the first time in a while I've tested fee stuff. Tried with original listuser files too just to make sure.

Although my fees show on fee page and during listing they do not show in the users panel or in Admin. in 0.8.5.. Additionally the Admin. payment reminder, which showed as sent in Admin., did not arrive but the balance was zero at the time so maybe the settings are smart enough to know there is no reminder to send.

Can't do much more until I get the fee solution though.

While I'm here, it might be a good idea to echo the total fees on the summary before submission page of the listing process.

10. bigdog

bigdog New Member

Bugs found r 217

The decimal code for the USD setting, is not right Just checkout the USD converter link url on the item page or go into view open auctions/edit under admin and you can see, that fix posted here I saw does not work for this.

visit the below URL and hover over USD to see how the decimals are wrong
    http://www.budstreasureauctions.com/item.php?id=7

Can not delete any country from the country table in admin, also in r 216, 217 and 218 as well

If a item is featured it will not show up under a category

If proxy bidding is disabled at the same time Users Authentication is disabled, the first bid on any auction causes a internal server error page

its a freak I even caught this testing, its a good thing I want people to visit every time they bid.

once you remove the registration fields you cannot turn them back on

has any one looked at there error log lately? the error log writes when visiting every page in admin practically, personally I only worry about errors that throw a error page of some kind, but there must be something causing that for some reason. 0.8.5 had the same problem but I had to check that log via ftp to clear it.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  11. paditur

paditur New Member

For SVN 218

Unable to make any changes in admin time settings. Get the following error:
    An unexpected error occurred. The error has been forwarded to our technical team and will be fixed shortly

there were changes to admin/time.php from svn217 to svn 218

12. bigdog

bigdog New Member

CONFIRMED, same here

PLEASE..... take a look at my bugs on page one, and see if you can confirm any of them.
    especially the problem with the registration page field options

13. paditur

paditur New Member

I tested using SVN 218. I usually change SVNs as soon as I notice a new one out.
    See my comments below:

14. bigdog

bigdog New Member

Thanks, I try and test the latest svn's as well, right now I don't use this for a live site, sometimes when looking at that error log I think how in the world can one person fix all of that. that log can get really large if not emptied at times.

When ever I see your test posts around from now on I will try and confirm and post back ASAP. I am always online

15. paditur

paditur New Member

Thanks. I don't have a real live auction site up yet, just the one I play around with to learn. I am passionate about this program tho. I am so impressed with Renlok and the others as well as the participation here that I am inspired. This is so much better than some of the garbage I've seen out there (I won't mention names - but I'm sure most people can guess).

16. Box Lot

Did some digging and though I wasn't having the noted payments issue (in link below) at the time, the posted fix for that issue took care of my above noted fee display in both Admin and the Users panel.

Payment reminder still doesn't seem to work though.

http://www.webidsupport.com/forums/...ist-in-Item-Detail&p=8527&viewfull=1#post8527

Some layout issues:
    I did notice that the layout for the "Outstanding Payments" is incorrect and currently has the "Winner's Details" title and the correct balance information but also "Item Description Cost Shipping Total " in unboxed columns below it.

With single page it also note Page_of_ (_=blanks)

Edit:
    Oh yeah, no correction on my first posting but please note that I'm currently using 0.8.5 proper and not SVN.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  17. renlok

renlok Administrator Staff Member

Just gone though everything and fixed a few of the bugs.

Fixed.

Fixed.

I confirmed this happens with all auctions and had a look but ive no idea whats causeing this ill have a more indepth look soon see if i can fix it.

Cant reproduce, sorry.

Fixed.

Fixed.

18. bigdog

bigdog New Member

That featured item bug, was ok in some previous versions, I will try and go back to the last svn it was working on
    to try and see what files you updated and what that svn version was.

I swear I wish I knew enough php to realistically help you with this, but I am constantly learning and mentioning
    this great project and the unreal potential of it, I am shocked no real programmers are helping you with this. but
    you know what they say " Build it and they will come"

Its amazing you took a blend dead buggy base auction program and made it more feature rich and user friendly
    then any other auction script on the web commercial or open source. I am proud to be a part of it. not to mention
    your programming skills I bet, have improved 10 fold with all the practice.

19. paditur

paditur New Member

Array ( [birthdate_regshow] => y [address_regshow] => y [city_regshow] => y [prov_regshow] => y [country_regshow] => y [zip_regshow] => y [tel_regshow] => y )

appears at the top of the page in SVN 219 when you try to register.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

i have similar one,
    mine says

Code:
    Array ( [birthdate_regshow] => 1 [address_regshow] => 1 [city_regshow] => 1 [prov_regshow] => 1 [country_regshow] => 1 [zip_regshow] => 1 [tel_regshow] => 1 )