Need online or on phone training (paid)

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade' started by OBL, Feb 8, 2017.

1. OBL

OBL New Member

I am new to WeBid but have some experience of the Wordpress and Joomla.
    I need help with WeBid to get me to full speed asap, either online (eg Skype) or on phone.
    I want to know of the best practices.
    I am willing to pay or donate reasonable amount.

2. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

There is nothing to teach really.

Just get to know the Admin Side of WeBid and if you are used to using WordPress then the WeBid admin side is a doddle compared to that of Wordpress or Joomla.

The most important things to know about WeBid and probably the most important things to do are as below.

1. Get to know the Admin Side (5 hours maximum this should take).
    2. Setup your About Us, Privacy Policy, Terms Of Service (All done in Admin).
    3. Setup any Fees you wish to charge (All done in Admin).
    4. Decide whether you want fees paid to you instantly Live Payment Mode or from a user's account balance Balance Mode (All done in Admin).
    5. Setup a Test Seller account (you can now add new users from admin, Select both Seller and Buyer using the tick boxes to the right of the form).
    6. Setup a Test Buyer account (you can now add new users from admin, Select both Seller and Buyer using the tick boxes to the right of the form).
    7. Make sure both the Seller and Buyer and the Admin all have a PayPal Email Address in their profile (For payments admin does this in the fees section of the WeBid admin under FEES > FEE GATEWAYS).
    8. Use both the new accounts for testing the Selling Features (as a Seller) and the Bidding/ Buying Features (as a Buyer).
    9. Set your Cron Job up as described in the documents and described better in the commonly asked questions forums (another good place to start).

And thats about all you need to know the site then runs itself and you would only need to log in from time to time.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  3. OBL

OBL New Member

I agree, Nay that the initial setup and getting the auction site working is amazingly simple.
    Now that I want to add modules such Social Media Icons, Google Map, Contact Us form etc that I am finding it daunting. I think it requires some programming. Unless you tell me I have got it all wrong.
    Jay

4. nay27uk

Yeah some coding is required for most mods downloaded from the resource section (this is usualy find and replace, find and alter coding, all simple stuff if you follow the given instructions) all the mods posted should have full install instructions either in the mod thread page or in the mod download.

Bear in mind all mods posted are for specific versions of webid and it is stated what version of webid is supported for each mod at the top of the mod page.
    I don't think any of the mods you listed above are 1.2.1 compatible they are all as far as I remember for older mysql versions of webid whereas webid 1.2.0 upward is PDO so unless you know how to code and convert older mysql mods into newer PDO then you should not be attempting to install them.

Only mods listed as compatible with webid 1.2.1 are compatible with webid 1.2.1 and at the moment they are few and far between.

Just to make you aware also each mod found in the Resources section are User/Member submitted mods and is the responsibility and the Choice of the member posting the mod whether they are going to continue to support or update their mods for other versions of webid, all mods are member submitted hence the COMPATIBLE WEBID VERSIONS at the top of the mod pages.

Social Media Icons (I cant find this as there are a few social networking sharing mods but none that mention icons).
    Contact Us (this is listed for WeBid Versions 1.1.1/1.1.2 NOT Webid 1.2.0 or 1.2.1).
    Google Maps (I cant find this as there are a few adsense ones but no google map ones).

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  5. OBL

OBL New Member

Thank you, that detailed info.
    How would I go about finding someone who will be interested in making these mods compatible with 1.2.1? I would have thought this to be most likely a developer from this forum. I do not mind paying/donating for this service.

6. nay27uk

I can't say on that but I can give you some tips and advice.

As I said above there are no dedicated Developers on this site, so we are all WeBid developers, WeBid is a 100% Community Developed Script, (as pointed out above it is down to the Developer/Member of this forum that decides they will post a modification if they will continue support or updates of that said modification) so WE/US as the users and members of this forum are all combined together the developers of WeBid, WE are the WeBid developers, yes there is an Owner and Main Coder of WeBid, but it is in actual fact We/Us the members that are all the main Developers/Contributors of the WeBid script, myself as a member and all of the other members of this forum are all the DEVELOPERS or POTENTIAL DEVELOPERS of the WeBid Script.

OK onto the TIPS and ADVICE.

(1) Try to make the Modification yourself, if you do get it working then if you want too you can then share it in the Resource Section of this site but only if you wish to (Sharing it with us all means that you become an instant WeBid DEVELOPER not sharing it meens you will remain a Regular Member/User of WeBid).

(2) Post an ad in the Buy, Sell or Trade forum and also have a good look through the ads that are already posted to that forum, place an answer to any that you feel meet your requirements.

(3) Visit sites like fiverr.com and in the supplied search box do a search for terms like PHP, PDO coder you may find someone that is able to help you with the coding of what you require or they could possibly be able to completely do the job for you, and all it costs you is 5 bucks.

I hope this answers the questions on how the WeBid project is founded as well as answers your questions regarding this post.

Just remember that WeBid has NO CODERS, and NO DEVELOPERS so no DEDICATED TEAM.
    We are all WeBid Coders and Developers, as soon as you sign up here at the forums you become a Developer in the waiting, if you never go on to release a Development/Mod you are still here contributing to the WeBid project just that you remain a Member/User rather than a Developer/Contributor.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017