need help installing script

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade' started by andysloan, Apr 1, 2014.

1. andysloan

andysloan New Member

I can not get the script to install? Need someone to install script for me.

2. frosticek

frosticek Member

@andysloan
    Installation is easy at all, do you get any error message or something like that? Do you run on free or paid hosting?

3. andysloan

andysloan New Member

i own my server, so i can change the password after i can get someone to install it. I am being told that cant connect to database with username and password. I know they are correct.

4. DrJ

DrJ Active Member

Did you first create the database and give the proper permissions to the "username" you are trying to log in with?

5. andysloan

andysloan New Member

yes, database was created with user given full permissions. Yes I pay for monthly hosting. Yes This is going to be a big site, as each military base will have their own access to this site.

6. DrJ

DrJ Active Member

OK, tell us what you mean when you say you "can't get the script to install". What is happening? Error messages?
    So far we know that you created the database and gave full permission. I assume you have put the Webid files on your server. What happens when you open a browser and go to "yourURL/Webid/install/install.php"?

7. andysloan

andysloan New Member

When I go to www.liveyardsale.com I get a cant connect to database error. please take a look for yourself. And email me at andy@newvisionpro.com If you are able to help. I will give you the access to that account on my server so you can see If or where I am messing up.

8. DrJ

DrJ Active Member

No need to email. I sent you a private message. Click the "Notifications" link in the upper right portion of your screen.

9. andysloan

andysloan New Member

sent back message to you. Thanks

10. andysloan

andysloan New Member

is there anyone who knows cpanel and will set up my site? Once its set up i will manage it, might even set up hosting for the script for others if i can get it up

11. jjjason84

jjjason84 Donor Donor

login to your cpanel and go to MySQL® Database Wizard and make a new Database and make sure you remember that info you used to make the database because it will be used to install webid.

Install Steps:
    1. Login to cpanel
    2. cpanel > MySQL® Database Wizard (remember this info that you used in this step)
    3. FTP to your server
    4. Upload the webid script to your server
    5. http: // your domain name here/install/install.php OR http: // your domain name here/webid/install/install.php
    6. Fill in the info it asks for and the database info that you used when you made the database
    7. If the install was complete then delete the install folder that is on your server
    8. Make a new admin user
    9. You are now finished

Make sure you read every thing that is in the webid install steps.

12. andysloan

andysloan New Member

still cant get it to connect. Do you know anything about cpanel? can you set me up?

13. andysloan

andysloan New Member

jason your inbox is full so i cant send you a message. Is there no one who knows and is willing to set this script up?

14. DrJ

DrJ Active Member

Hi jjjason, I've got him all hooked up.

15. worldbetta

worldbetta New Member

Hey guys, tell him to add https://www.softaculous.com/ to his cpan for scripts. Once you give it root and sql admin it will do the work for him. He is working with a niks box I am sure. Free License are license(s) issued for free. The features of a Free are as following:

Free License
    One License per server
    Free Softaculous Upgrades
    Free Scripts Upgrades
    Support related to Softaculous via the Support Forums
    59 scripts are included
    No renewal is required. It can be upgraded to Premium License anytime
    Here is a demo http://demo.softaculous.com/enduser/
    Do not know if this helps him but he should also look into cloud flare to stop his server from getting a pounding buy the Ru and Af guys right now. They are bot crazy right now. So his server load will be hi for requests. I would say if it is not a google crawler with a cert from google ban it. If he is running if any bb press or wd press then he will need other installs to stop bots right now. Also tell him to try MySQL Workbench. But it is only for the big 5 distro and not minor nik distro. You can see the major distro's here http://distrowatch.com/ and try some new fun one's that will help you learn. hope this help him some. Servers I can do...Php is uhhhhhh still in the learning box for me....:)