1. drakky20

drakky20 Active Member

drakky20 submitted a new resource:

Item Location Mod - Item Location Mod

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
  2. drakky20

drakky20 Active Member

this version is no good , I'll repost the corrected file soon as I can, sometime in the next week sorry

3. pani100

pani100 Well-Known Member

Hello drakky20,
    What is wrong with this mod?
    I have installed it, done a bit of moddification to it like added country as well and working fine for me.

4. drakky20

drakky20 Active Member

you will pobably get errors in the error log

here is the corrected version

Attached Files:

5. pani100

Thanks for that,
    I had done a lot of changes to the functions_sell.inc.php in the past with country, prov ,city and zip already added and they where as your correct version, that's why I wasn't getting any errors. Must of just passed through your instructions thinking yep they are there.. next.

6. j2000

j2000 New Member

strange

Hi , i have to test "item_location_mod_fixed.txt" and "item_location_mod.txt"
    There's error when i want "sell an item" error, message is : error sell.php line 496.

See instruction :
    If i remove this part , sell an item is OK .

So now below is my "sell.php" (zip)
    View attachment sell.zip

Please let me know...

Regards

Joel

7. drakky20

drakky20 Active Member

Joel
    replace about line 494
    PHP:
    'B_SUBTITLE' => ($system->SETTINGS['subtitle'] == 'y')
    with

PHP:
    'B_SUBTITLE' => ($system->SETTINGS['subtitle'] == 'y'),
    it needs a , at the end

j2000 likes this.
  8. j2000

j2000 New Member

This effect for when or what drakky20 ?

Thanks

Joel

9. drakky20

drakky20 Active Member

not sure what you mean by "This effect for when or what" the edit requires the , at the end of the line before you add my code to work is all

10. j2000

j2000 New Member

Sorry make u confused....

1:When i not include this parts , i can "sell an item" and there's item location in auction submit form .
    2:When i include this parts ( , your correction) , i can "sell an item" and there's item location in auction submit form .
    3:When i include this parts ( , without your correction) , i can not "sell an item" .

Point 1 and 2 , i can "sell an item" .
    So this part
    it must effect to what part of selling (because in sell.php) ?

11. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

Is all thats doing is assigning the variables $city, $prov, and $zip to the template .tpl file so it shows on the sell page, in sell.tpl somwhere you will see.

{PROV}
    {CITY}
    {ZIP}

Without that in sell.tpl those sections would never show up.

If you dont understand how the templating system works have a read of MY THREAD where I explain it a little bit better

Last edited: May 6, 2012
    j2000 likes this.
  12. drakky20

drakky20 Active Member

simple it's just php requires it , it's what they call syntax,
    if you mean what part does this code do , it allows the seller to specify a different location for the item other than where the seller is located , example i live in this suburb but I have an old car i left at my friends house which is in a different suburb , now a car is too big to post so obviously the buyer will have to pick it up , the buyer might decide that the location of the car is too far away to go and pick up , yet the seller might live in the same suburb as the buyer. without this mod the buyer will always assume the item is where the seller's location is listed on the auction.
    hope that makes sense

13. pani100

Just to make it clear when you are assigning variables in the array they need to be seperated by a comma apart from the last one. That can have a comma or not. but all the previous ones need a comma.
    Example:
    PHP:
    $template->assign_vars(array(

'B_AUTORELIST' => ($system->SETTINGS['autorelist'] == 'y'),

'COUNTRY' => $country,

'PROV' => $prov,

'CITY' => $city,

'ZIP' => $zip //no comma on last variable will work 
    ));
    Will work.

PHP:

'COUNTRY' => $country,

'PROV' => $prov,

'CITY' => $city,

'ZIP' => $zip,     //comma on last variable will work 
    ));

PHP:

'COUNTRY' => $country //missing comma, will not work

'PROV' => $prov,

'CITY' => $city,

'ZIP' => $zip  
    ));

j2000 likes this.
  14. netley

netley New Member

Hi,

I think j2000 problem is being misunderstood, i understand the problem cause i think i am having the same problem.

I have both Item Location Mod and Item Condition Mod installed and it seems they are conflicting with each other as when you are placing an auction everything seems fine, but once the auction is submitted then the problem shows itself. Please see the enclosed screenie of my item page.

[​IMG]

I hope this picture explains the problem a little better, as you can see the Location is where the Condition should be and the Condition is where the Location should be. Separately these two mods work fine and are a good additional to an already good script, just together, which is how i would like to use them the above happens.

I am new to this script and have jumped straight in with version 1.04, but i don't think that is the problem and j2000 commented on this before 1.04 came out, so he must be using 1.03 or earlier.

I am trying to find a solution myself, but i am still getting to grips with WeBid itself and i am no expert coder, more trial & error. Hopefully now the problem is more understood the author or one of the other posters may have some idea. I am surprised though that nobody else using the two mods together hasn't encountered the same issue.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  15. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

shift the code in item.tpl for both mods around

16. drakky20

drakky20 Active Member

just looks to me like you have the values swapped around in item.tpl
    try this

find
    PHP:
    <a href="#description">{L_018}</a> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp
                          <
    table border='0' width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">
                            <!-- 
    auction type -->
    replace with this

PHP:
    <a href="#description">{L_018}</a> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp
                          <
    table border='0' width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">
                            <!-- 
    display item description mod -->
                            <
    tr>
                             <
    td width="50%" align="left"><b>{L_1036}:</b> </td>
                              <
    td align="left">{ITEM_CONDITION}</td>
                            </
    tr>
                            <
    tr>
                             <
    td width="50%" align="left"><b>{L_1037}:</b> </td>
                              <
    td align="left">{ITEM_MANUFACTURER}</td>
                            </
    tr>
                            <
    tr>
                            <
    td width="50%" align="left"><b>{L_1038}:</b> </td>
                              <
    td align="left">{ITEM_MODEL}</td>
                            </
    tr>
                            <
    tr>
                            <
    td width="50%" align="left"><b>{L_1039}:</b> </td>
                              <
    td align="left">{ITEM_COLOUR}</td>
                            </
    tr>
                            <
    tr>
                            <
    td width="50%" align="left"><b>{L_1040}:</b> </td>
                              <
    td align="left">{ITEM_YEAR}</td>
                            </
    tr>
                            <!--  
    end display item description mod  -->
                            <!-- 
    auction type -->

find this

PHP:
    <td width="50%" align="left">{L_923}: </td>

<
    td align="left">{COUNTRY}</td

replace with this

PHP:
    <!-- display city not country also display item actual location

<td width="50%" align="left"><b>{L_1033}: </b> </td>
                               <
    td align="left"> <b></b> {CITY} {PROV} ({ZIP})<br></td>
               <!--  
    end display item actual location -->                          

if that doesn't work send me your item.tpl, item.php and messages.inc.php and I'll sort it for you

17. netley

netley New Member

Hi,

Thanks for the replies and the kind offer of looking over my files.

I can see your line of thinking that maybe i had the code around the wrong way and this was causing it to display the information in the wrong place. So after going through the instructions and code again, it seemed that everything was where it should be and also checked the code suggested by drakky20 which is part of the instructions anyway. So no joy there.

I was looking at the database table 'web auctions' and noticed that the information was actually being written to the database, so surely my problem is something to do with the database. I to was having problems inputting the sql's and chose to create them manually, it seems this was my problem. I have deleted the new fields and inputted them again with the sql's supplied with semi colons on the end and everything works fine, well almost.....

Whilst testing it i have noticed that if you input information into the condition ie. model, colour, then when you place another auction the information entered from the previous auction is retained. Not sure if this is just me or has this been experienced by anybody else.

18. netley

netley New Member

That's weird.....it's not doing it now

Ignore the last part of my previous post as it is not retaining the previous auction information, not sure what i have done.

All working fine. Thank you

19. drakky20

drakky20 Active Member

no problem you're welcome , yes the order in which you put the data into the database is important so it sounds like you had the edits in functions_sell.inc.php in the wrong order , unfortunately i couldn't supply both mods as 1 mod as some people might only want 1 of them , glad to hear you got it going
    on the subject of values being storeed from the previous auction i did see that once , it happens if you don't complete the listing as the values are stored as sessions once the listing is posted the sessions are cleared

20. liran

liran New Member

hey there.. im having a problem after adding this mod.

error log:
    Code:

06-10-2012, 13:12:02:: database error please contact you site admin. INSERT INTO webid_auctions VALUES (NULL, 2, 'awfasgasgas', '', '1349518322', 'gasgasg', '', 58, 0, '0.99', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '1', 'paypal', 0, '1349604722', 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'n', '', 'n', 'n', 'n', 'n', 0, 'new', '', '', '', ', 'asfasf', 'asfasf', '55555')
     You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'asfasf', 'asfasf', '55555')' at line 1
    ..bla..

i think its related with the
    function addauction()

heres what i had before adding this mod:

Code:
    function addauction()
    {
    	global $DBPrefix, $_SESSION, $user, $a_starts, $a_ends, $payment_text, $system, $fee;

return "INSERT INTO " . $DBPrefix . "auctions VALUES (NULL, " . $user->user_data['id'] . ", '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_title']) . "', '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_subtitle']) . "', '" .  $a_starts . "', '" . addslashes($_SESSION['SELL_description']) . "', '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_pict_url']) . "', " . $_SESSION['SELL_sellcat1'] . ", " . intval($_SESSION['SELL_sellcat2']) . ", '" . $system->input_money(($_SESSION['SELL_buy_now_only'] == 'n') ? $_SESSION['SELL_minimum_bid'] : $_SESSION['SELL_buy_now_price']) . "', '" . $system->input_money($_SESSION['SELL_shipping_cost']) . "', '" . $system->input_money(($_SESSION['SELL_with_reserve'] == 'yes') ? $_SESSION['SELL_reserve_price'] : 0) . "', '" . $system->input_money(($_SESSION['SELL_with_buy_now'] == 'yes') ? $_SESSION['SELL_buy_now_price'] : 0) . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_atype'] . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_duration'] . "', '" . $system->input_money($_SESSION['SELL_customincrement']) . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_shipping'] . "', '" . $payment_text . "', " . (($_SESSION['SELL_international']) ? 1 : 0) . ", '" . $a_ends . "', 0, 0, " . (($_SESSION['SELL_file_uploaded']) ? 1 : 0) . ", " . $_SESSION['SELL_iquantity'] . ", 0, " . intval($_SESSION['SELL_relist']) . ", 0, 0, 'n', '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_shipping_terms']) . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_buy_now_only'] . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_is_bold'] . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_is_highlighted'] . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_is_featured'] . "', " . $fee .
    ", '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_item_condition']) . "', '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_item_manufacturer']) . "', '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_item_model']) . "', '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_item_colour']) . "', '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_item_year']) . "')";

")";
    }

here's what it become:
    Code:

function addauction()
    {
    	global $DBPrefix, $_SESSION, $user, $a_starts, $a_ends, $payment_text, $system, $fee;

return "INSERT INTO " . $DBPrefix . "auctions VALUES (NULL, " . $user->user_data['id'] . ", '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_title']) . "', '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_subtitle']) . "', '" .  $a_starts . "', '" . addslashes($_SESSION['SELL_description']) . "', '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_pict_url']) . "', " . $_SESSION['SELL_sellcat1'] . ", " . intval($_SESSION['SELL_sellcat2']) . ", '" . $system->input_money(($_SESSION['SELL_buy_now_only'] == 'n') ? $_SESSION['SELL_minimum_bid'] : $_SESSION['SELL_buy_now_price']) . "', '" . $system->input_money($_SESSION['SELL_shipping_cost']) . "', '" . $system->input_money(($_SESSION['SELL_with_reserve'] == 'yes') ? $_SESSION['SELL_reserve_price'] : 0) . "', '" . $system->input_money(($_SESSION['SELL_with_buy_now'] == 'yes') ? $_SESSION['SELL_buy_now_price'] : 0) . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_atype'] . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_duration'] . "', '" . $system->input_money($_SESSION['SELL_customincrement']) . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_shipping'] . "', '" . $payment_text . "', " . (($_SESSION['SELL_international']) ? 1 : 0) . ", '" . $a_ends . "', 0, 0, " . (($_SESSION['SELL_file_uploaded']) ? 1 : 0) . ", " . $_SESSION['SELL_iquantity'] . ", 0, " . intval($_SESSION['SELL_relist']) . ", 0, 0, 'n', '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_shipping_terms']) . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_buy_now_only'] . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_is_bold'] . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_is_highlighted'] . "', '" . $_SESSION['SELL_is_featured'] . "', " . $fee .
    ", '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_item_condition']) . "', '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_item_manufacturer']) . "', '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_item_model']) . "', '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_item_colour']) . "', '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_item_year']) . ", '" .$system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_city']) . "', '" .$system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_prov']) . "', '" . $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_zip']) . "')";

")";
    }

if somone can help me it will be great, btw if you can explain to me how to you use this function it will even be greater :p .
    thanks.