How to install Webid Script manually with the zip file.

Discussion in 'Install/Upgrade Support' started by david62311, May 20, 2016.

1. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

I don't know if there are actual instructions on how to set up a Webid script manually but, if there isn't, I wouldn't mind doing it. I would like instructions pinned to the top of the Install/Upgrade Support section so, it's easy for everybody to find. There is way too many post in this section to even start going through. I went through the first few pages in this section and saw nobody had posted actual instructions.

Here's a decent video from host gator on how to set up the database. This setup is what you would need to do before installing the Webid Script.

That should be the first step in before installing the Webid Script before the zip file has been uploaded to a server and and extracted.
    Get the info of the database, the username, and the password created ready for the next step.
    Then go to the install folder and figure out the url for the index.php or the install.php file and open it up in a live browser (which will be the 1st step) and add the info that you just collected to the right spots in the form.
    Webid install page-vert-vert.jpg
    These sections in the form should already be filled out for you: URL, Doument Root, Database Host, Database Prefix

Click install and that will create the config info.
    Then the 2nd step passed this will install the script if everything is listed correctly in the form. If the info is not correct in the form then it's possible that it might get stuck.

If you have any questions then ask here. I will try to help.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  2. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

Your Right there is no thread but there is a folder in the download called DOCS with instructions inside.
    I will sticky this post though and maybe add to it in future

david62311 likes this.
  3. david62311

I'm a newbie here. I wouldn't know to look into the DOCS file for the instructions. Modern age of technology has got me lazy. If I can't ask my phone how to do something then I am lost.

Thanks for sticking it! :)

nay27uk likes this.
  4. mjam1364

mjam1364 New Member

hi
    I have a problem with install Webid script manually with the zip file. the errors were attached as a file.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      135.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      101.4 KB
      Views:
  5. Shaman

Shaman Active Member

Check the sql settings that you specify, in particular the address of the database server. Installer can not get access to the database

6. mjam1364

mjam1364 New Member

Thank you very much
    but how can I connect to data base?

7. Shaman

Shaman Active Member

First create it :)
    If you are installing WeBid using localhost as I can see. It means that you already have a local MySQL and you know how to work with it.Or use external Hosting.

8. mjam1364

mjam1364 New Member

thanks, yes- i know but i can't connect

9. Shaman

Shaman Active Member

Check the value of the input fields. I put to test in the 2 servers. This error did not have!

In Installation docs:

10. evilbudz

evilbudz Member

i installed the so called new version from surgeforce from the link here, but says version 1.2.2 but is really 1.2.1 where to get the 1.2.2 from as it says outdated version click here to update and takes you to surgeforce but as stated its still version 1.2.1 why no donwload from here itself??

11. Dennis Carnegie Jr

Dennis Carnegie Jr New Member

Hi, I am also having that issue downloading the 1.2.2 keeps saying 1.2.1, did you find a solution for that? or does anyone know where to get 1.2.2?

Dennis

OscarMR likes this.
  12. OscarMR

OscarMR New Member

yes evilbudz i have the same problem...

13. david62311

Did anybody try to update their PHP Version? A lot of the newer coding in Webid won't work using older PHP Versions. Find select PHP Version in Cpanel and change change it if it's an older version. Mine is set at Version 7.1. I haven't tried 7.2 yet but, I will give it a go now.

If this helps then let us know!

14. OscarMR

OscarMR New Member

i all ready try whit this and dont show any change