How can we add a Donation feature to the Webid Script?

Discussion in 'Modding/Theme Help' started by david62311, Jul 23, 2018.

1. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

After 5 years since I first installed my first Webid Scripts and came in here to get help and help out if I could, I am finally getting potential customers interested in my Webid Site. I gave up trying to promote it a long time ago and felt like I was confusing people trying to get 3.9% out of final sells. Then when Facebook marketplaces came out, it made me feel like a lot of time was wasted on the Webid script. I don't think those admins make any money. I am in this to make some extra spending money. Recent activities that I have done for people have caused me to get a lot of attention and I got people listening to me now. I want to see if I can advertise my site on Facebook and Twitter and get it rolling but, I don't want to have to charge the people I know anything as far as fees go. I already told a couple of people that I would let them sell on my site for FREE providing if they start to sell a lot on the site to remember to donate to my site. I also asked if they see any bugs or blocks to let me know so, I can fix them and that I have a Great team of coders with sites just like mine working me! I told them if they put item(s) on my site that Google search and other search engines will find it providing they put good text content in their item title and description.

The problem I have is I don't have a donation feature up and I think PayPal is pretty strict about Website owners accepting donations. I like the donation idea that Webidsupport here has up where it shows an amount that would like to be met for each month and who donated. How can we add a donation feature like the one showing below to our Webid Script and how can we protect a feature like this too? Is there a script that we can just plop into the coding. There should be right? Can I get some help or idea where to start on this please?

Webid donations.png

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  2. skyhigh

skyhigh Member

On the header of ur site add a link called donations direct d link to a new page called donation.php
    Just make another tpl and php donation page
    Add ur paypal details
    Or bitcoin details For donations

3. pani100

pani100 Well-Known Member

You could also use my stripe mod to add this anywhere you want using stripe.
    Just need to add a new payment case to identify & process the payment confirmation.
    Once payment is confirmed insert amount into a new donation table in the database, then pull the info from that table and show.

david62311 likes this.
  4. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

Hi @pani100 ! That looks like GREAT Work. Sorry I have been gone from here since I posted my first message. I posted my message here and things happened and I haven't returned until now. Old PCs and lightning striking it is not very good. I will start to work on installing your coding now and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for all of the hard work you put into it. I think adding a donation to my Webid site and making it free to use will help draw some people in to sell on it and earn me at least $10 a year to pay for the domain.