Hi people

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Azumi, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Azumi

Azumi New Member

I am a new webid user and nice to meet you all "(^ . ^)"

Before to continue、I want to say my primary language is japanese (and partly korean) but I do my best to write in english and sometime in french (small words)、thank you in advance to take this notice if I am not clear in my messages or misunderstandings or wrong "(^ . ^)"

My presence in here is simple : to get some helps. Not to make all the work but to help me to localise some lines、how to change text、wich page shows what etc (very basic helps) and probably to change the structure or template but not for now。I really want to procede step by step "(- . -)"

To resume my case、I play to a game (a french medieval role-playing game) and my persona is incarning a shop (general store like old time) who sells everything。Since I play with this game、I always wanted to create an interactive website where people (players on this game) could buy items just by ordering via this website、not always waiting other players to order on this game)。So months ago、I found/discovered "Opencart"。Looking this opensource program (overview)、it was pleasant to see、very simple to explore and easy to use for my future GS clients。After several weeks and changes (deleting some unuseful functions、adding some new ones) it seems to work as I wanted。I am not finished yet because it takes time to convert their templates and functions for an old medieval general store。For what I have done since、it looks great to navigate and use interactive functions to order as a real online store "(^ . ^)"

Now I am here : webid program "(- . -)" Since this medieval game is offering a "channel 3" (where people selling、bidding、asking for services and crafting)、my "general store" want to make another professional step : a place where people can sell and bid. I found WeBid.

Basically、my primary task (and problem) is to convert english texts to french (for this game). I can localise some lines but sometime I am lost to find them (even if I use notepad ++)。For exemple :

0 ENCHèRES | 0 CLIENTS ENREGISTRéS | 1 Clients en ligne | Jui 12, 2019 2:10:15

Full caps lock but small "è" and "é". In my case、I want small letters as :
    "0 Enchères | 0 Clients enregistrés | 1 Clients en ligne | Jui 11, 2019 2:10:15"
    I found this line in this file :

"..\auction\language\EN\message.inc.php" > $MSG['232'] = 'Enchères ';
    "..\auction\language\EN\message.inc.php" > $MSG['231'] = 'Clients enregistrés';
    "..\auction\language\EN\message.inc.php" > $MSG['2__0064'] = 'Clients en ligne';

The problem is、where I can change capslock to small letters "(- . -)" I am not asking for so much、I just need help about some lines in the future。If you people can help me to realise my dream on this entire project、I promise I will make my part on this forum by giving donations and (if people want me to help) I could deal with 日本人、한국어 and francais people。I am sure WeBid is what I am looking for "(- . -)" If you have questions about my project, please feel free I will do my best to answer "(^.^)"

Thank you very much for your support "(- . -)"
    梓美大崎

2. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

Use Google Translate or another Translator. Some translators are better than other translators.

This is done in Google Translator from what you showed us. The Google Translator keeps the first part:
    "..\auction\language\EN\message.inc.php" > $MSG['2__0064'] =

and translates the rest which is important to leave the first part.

Give Google Translate a try or look for another translator online.
    Here's an example:

capture-20190712-171904.png

3. david62311

On Notepad ++ you will have to use Alt on the keyboard and highlight and remove the first part and then run the translate. You may have to set your options in Notepad ++ to use the ALT key to remove these parts.

"..\auction\language\EN\message.inc.php" >

You should be able to use this to translate. This is just an example:
    Code:
    $MSG['232'] = 'Enchères ';
    $MSG['231'] = 'Clients enregistrés';
    $MSG['2__0064'] = 'Clients en ligne';

4. Azumi

Azumi New Member

Hi and I am happy to read you "(^ . ^)"

In fact、I am not looking for any translators "(- . -)" I can deal with that without problems。
    I am just trying to find where those lines (in the modern template) are in webid local files。
    I am using Notepad ++ and Wamp server "(- . -)"
    I can not send any links to show you because I am a new user 「You need 3 posts」in here but be patient "(¬ . ¬)"

5. Azumi

Azumi New Member

k... I am back "(^ . ^)"

What I wanted to say is : Number 1 is the original (with capslock words) ~ number 2 is what I want to show (no capslock words)。As beginner with webid、where I have to look to change this section :

[​IMG]
    Still thank you for all help

6. david62311

@Azumi

1. Find the WeBid/language/ folder and then select the Language.
    2. The drop down categories would be this file: categories.inc.php
    3. messages.inc.php is the page for the main translations.
    I have translated a few Languages using something like Google Translate. That messages.inc.php page is thousands of lines of translations. It's just easier to Translate it with an automation tool like Google Translate and then fix the mistakes later when you find them.

I gave up translating Languages because the coding for the English language in Webid kept changing and it was a lot of work to change it every time the English Language changed. The last update for the English Language was about 2 years ago. You may find a translation for Japanese or Korean and it would probably be not working or too old.

I put a Bing Translator widget in the header to make it easier on myself. I don't remember where exactly I put the code for the Bing widget script. I wanted to tell you but, I can't find where the coding the Bing Translator Widget script is located now. I thought I put it into the header.php file but, I don't see it.

I think the Bing Translator widget is good for using the site but, I don't think it works for e-mails. There is also a Google Translate Widget but, I liked the Bing Translator better.

I am not here very often. I used to be here all of the time. There is not a lot to do here anymore. Most of the issues people ask help for have already been fixed. They just need to search the forum for it. I come here every once in a while.

7. Azumi

Azumi New Member

K but... my problem is not really translation, it is about line locations as the picture shows (capslock effect) "(- . -)" Why I have capslock on the top、I want no capslock、I really want to learn step by step and where to check ; translation is not really the problem. I know WeBid is made for english people and specific use (as ebay) but if I have to pay someone who will guide me about my game project I will、I have nothing to hide, my "general store" is on this 「link」。I just want to use webid if people want to sell their products while they are not on the game。Its really hard to find help on internet because nobody knows what game is it、why I do a website for my persona (merchand)、why I need an ebay-like "(¬ . ¬)"

8. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

In the CSS file open it and look for counters and take away font-style: uppercase or something similar under counters. Most text will be made uppercase in the css Files

9. Azumi

Azumi New Member

I did not find font-style : uppercase; but according notepad++ I found that text-transform : uppercase;
    As I use 「Theme > Modern」、I will look each files (using search in the subfolders command)。
    When that will be done、I will test by deleting the lines one by one until I discover the line and the file that associates it。
    That will be long but I am sure that is the price to understand how things work "(¬ . ¬)"
    Be patient "(- . -)"

10. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

OK if Text-transform: uppercase is under the counters section in the CSS just remove that line.

MODERATOR NOTE
    I have moved this post to the General Support Board as it fits better there.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019