Fix image size for auction

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Giuseppe, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Giuseppe

Giuseppe New Member

Hi,
    When i upload new auction the image shown like this:
    upload_2019-8-25_2-57-30.png
    i want to resize to a fixed size, how can i do it?

2. skyhigh

skyhigh Member

if u using dream weaver click on design view select d image and write d height and width of d image u want pretty easy

3. John Adam Shields

John Adam Shields New Member

Im having the same issue. I assume the answer is in the .CSS files for the theme. But there is a few of them. The idea is to keep the aspect ratio, but in cases where images are more "landscape" in proportion, the width should be restricted and the padding increased around the top and bottom of the image to fit a permanent container size for each feature. Thats my laymans terms for it, but im hoping some CSS whizz will have the answer.

4. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

This problem has been a problem for a while. The modern theme (bootstrap theme) and the classic theme react differently when change the settings the display size in the Webid settings>auction settting section at the bottom. I recommend if you are going to use the modern theme to set your thumbnails at a higher size and for classic theme users, set it at a normal thumbnail size from 100 to 120. Here's the setting I have mine at:

Webid photo settings.png

5. John Adam Shields

John Adam Shields New Member

Ive done that with my site now and it works fine, but i did want the thumbnails bigger. Someone will come up with fix. Thanks for your help.

6. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

You might be waiting a long time. If you notice there is not much activity in this forum. I leave for months and come back and only see no more than 3 new posts. We used to be here helping out with coding 24/7 but, not anymore.

Nothing has been updated on the Webid Github since November 2018. The latest updates on github for the photo uploader is a train wreck. I fixed it the last time it majorly got screwed up and didn't get any credit after busting my butt. I am not going to bust my butt and trace down the problem and fix it again and not get any credit. I will let someone else do that. We have addressed the issue to the Author and it has not been touched.

Good Luck getting help here!

nay27uk likes this.