Facebook sale groups

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by david62311, Dec 23, 2015.

1. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

Join a load of Drop Shipping sites @david62311 it is the easiest way of getting loads of real items up on your site without having to hold any stock or post anything out, plus you get to earn a profit on the items if you price them up carefully enough.

Join as many drop shipping sites as you can then Join your site using at least 30 - 100 or more new users and post 10 - 20 items per new user from the drop shipping sites (don't forget to mix it up a bit to make things look real, post 5 items as one user, 20 as another user, 50 as another user, 2 as another user etc etc) it is also a good idea if you are going to do this to make some fake auctions before you do the real Drop Shipping ones so as to get all your new users some feedback ( all from your own seller accounts to your own seller accounts).

Keep doing this until you start seeing regular members posting items then you can delete all your own 30 - 100 seller accounts bar 1

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    david62311 likes this.
  2. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

Good advice @nay27uk ! Thanks! That sounds the same as joining affiliate companies.

3. david62311

Facebook has seriously jumped into the market business in the last couple of months. With the sells groups and shops they are allowing now has really got me down. The people running them don't have to have any coding skills at all. They're only moderators. Facebook does the rest. It was bad enough we had a lot of competition. I had joined a local county Facebook buy, sell, trade group and the likes are over 90,000 in one year. I have 27 people on my site and I had to work very hard to convince them to join.

This is how Facebook is now. They combine all of the sales groups together if you belong to more than one.

The tab on my phone looks like this. This tab is for more than one store. They're all combined. This icon just popped up on my phone a couple of weeks ago.
    Tabs.png

This is what it looks like when you click the tab and it has a search too.
    Home page.png

And it has Categories too:
    Categories.png
    I thought maybe for a moment that I should turn my Webid Facebook Fan page into a market place on Facebook but, I don't want to have moderate sells and what people post on it. I wouldn't make any money off of it. I don't want to have to moderate anything either and be in charge if someone gets screwed on a deal or mugged or murdered. At least with the Webid script we can track all of the info and the process of the transactions which make it safer. Unless there was a waiver people signed before joining the Facebook store page that wouldn't hold the moderator/admin unaccountable for things that go wrong then maybe I would consider it.

I appreciate Webid for being one of the best Scripts I could of learned on. I also appreciate all of the help and patience people had with me and especially pani100 having patience with me. I've learned a lot from Webid members here. I was a pretty good experimenter when I first joined the forum and I didn't understand coding as I do now. I did know some coding but, not a lot. I know coding a lot better now but, I still got a lot to learn. I wouldn't know coding the way I do today without learning from the Webid Script. Thanks Webid & Webid Family!

I think I am going to give up trying to make my Webid Site work for business unless I can come up with a very unique niche to attract customers. My Webid site now is based on unique people right now from Panama called and they are not even interested in my site and I have a lot of friends. I thought I could fly down to Panama and buy stuff cheap and then turn around and sell the items for 3 times as much and try to attract some people to my Webid site and show people that buying and selling products can work but, Panama now is a tourist place and all of the marketing people that used to sell for dirt cheap with their small shops in a big warehouse are now selling for 3 times as much. I hadn't been back in 10 years and now I see Panama is way overcrowded. In the past 10 year it's population has grown over 500,000 people coming from South America. Panama is a very small Country. It can't handle that many people. The traffic what used to look like on a long weekend back in the old days now, is like that about 3 times a day. The Bridge is the main problem. They have to build another one. On my last visit, I thought it wasn't even worth it to buy their stuff because I didn't think I could get a turnaround. It made me realize why people were not interested in selling stuff from Panama on my Webid Site.

Sorry for being negative here but, Facebook I feel has really given me/us a blow. I've been working with the Webid team for 3 1/2 years now. A lot of the fixes would take 24 hours or more to fix. I am really depressed about all of this but, grateful to have an opportunity to work with you all so, if people need help with something that I can help with here then I would be glad to try and help if I can! I will continue to help with the Webid script but, I think a lot of what needed to be done is done and Webid is working better now than ever! Most of the holes have been plugged and our security has been put on Steroids. I love how far Webid has come! All of the people that have worked on the Webid Script should be proud of what we have done and accomplished! Good job!

4. hhavatar

hhavatar Donor Donor

You're spot on @david62311 it's all about the niche. Find the right one and there's money to be made (hopefully). We all get down every now and again but stick with it.
    Research where you want to go and if there's a market it can be done... at least that's what I tell myself. Lol.
    Business plans, marketing plans etc may be boring as hell but there's essential for a viable project.

5. nay27uk

Also don't forget that these Groups are just the same as Craiglist, Preloved, Gumtree etc they are only Classified Ads sold at a seller's set asking price they are not Auctions and people will always want an Auction to try and grab a bargain

david62311 likes this.
  6. nay27uk

It is funny you should post this.

I have just set up 3 new Facebook sales groups (lots more to come) because I just got made redundant yet again and thought how can I get some cash, well WeBid is no where near ready to run any live site with, so I thought "I know what I will do" I will set up as many Facebook sales groups as I can make them heavily moderated and charge companies for PINED POSTS an a monthly basis.

The 3 sales groups I have set up for now (more to come) are all niche and area based.

I will post links to them below just for clarification of this post ONLY and an idea of my idea.

Leicester And Leicestershire Cars For Sale
    Leicester And Leicestershire Motorcycles For Sale
    Leicester And Leicestershire HAM Radio Gear For Sale

I think the main reason people set up a Facebook Sales group is because it is FREE and it works, There are curently no FREE auction scripts that are bug free and work 100%, if you want one you have to pay for a licence, Facebook is free and it works with no sitting around wasting time wondering why something wont work when it should work.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  7. david62311

You forgot to mention the admins don't have to know coding or worry about security issues too much because Facebook people can handle the security.

Facebook does seem like a good place to run a marketplace site.

How can collect money on the pinned items?

I see you are allowing car sales. I've seen car dealers use a program tool to place their cars up for sale on multiple sites like their own site, craig's list, and anywhere there program allows them to post. When the cars sells then they click a button and all of that car's listings on each site gets removed.

Can Google see items listed on Facebook? I'm asking here. I thought I remember they were going to allow Facebook to be seen by search engines but, I don't know if they ever went through with it.

Good luck with you sells! Let us know how it's working and if you make some cash please!

The reason why I stick around Webid is because it's helping me learn more about coding and internet security. It's fun!

8. nay27uk

The answer to that is that the groups are heavily moderated all posts have to be approved by an admin is how I do it, even down to who can join the group, if they aint got the words "lives in Leicester" or anywhere in "Leicestershire" then they are being denied as a member.

Same with Companies/Businesses all posts are moderated so I send an email on a Business/Company post with links to my paypal to pay the fee if they don't then after 2 days the post is deleted from the moderation que it have never been seen by any member other than a Moderator or Admin

Quite simple realy

david62311 likes this.
  9. MESSIAH

MESSIAH Member

I'm from Leicester too :)

nay27uk likes this.
  10. nay27uk

Cool Im near Fosse Shoping Park

11. MESSIAH

MESSIAH Member

I'm from City centre

nay27uk likes this.
  12. Gustiawan Ouwawi

Gustiawan Ouwawi New Member

facebook now has a marketplace features so you can sell item there

13. david62311

The admin of the marketplace group on Facebook becomes a babysitter that works for free sort of speak for Facebook.