Expand the space to put more text in:

Discussion in 'General Support' started by ILYA DIANKOFF, Aug 10, 2018.

1. ILYA DIANKOFF

ILYA DIANKOFF New Member

I like to expand the space to put 3-4 times more text in: Meta Description Tag, Meta Keywords Tag, About Us, Terms & Conditions, Item Description, Privacy Policy, Cookies Policy and Help. How shall I do this?

2. pani100

pani100 Well-Known Member

Hi ILYA, do you mean the title or the actual description?
    You would have to find where these are saved in the database and increase the allowed maximum setting in that table column.
    Example about us, terms & conditions, privacy policy and cookie policy are saved in the 'settings' table in the database.
    The title is under 'fieldname' and description is under 'value'
    'value' structure is text - this should fit quite a lot of data (TEXT: 65,535 bytes)
    'fieldname' structure is varchar(30) - this only fits up to 30 characters. Increase the 30 to whatever you would like.

3. ILYA DIANKOFF

ILYA DIANKOFF New Member

I didn't quite get you; I'm afraid. Could you please elaborate step-by-step? Thanks.

4. ILYA DIANKOFF

ILYA DIANKOFF New Member

I really don't know how to fix this problem. If you please help.

5. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

I think the value is set for infinity. Did the length you were typing in stop on you and prevent you from typing anymore? I got a boat load if text in my terms and conditions.

6. david62311

Maybe change the maxlength here https://github.com/renlok/WeBid/blob/master/themes/adminClassic/adminpages.tpl#L45 like around line 45 there. It's set for 255 characters.

In the admin adminpages.tpl theme file.
    Change:
    HTML:
    <input type="text" name="{block.NAME}" value="{block.DEFAULT}" size="50" maxlength="255">
    To something like this:
    HTML:
    <input type="text" name="{block.NAME}" value="{block.DEFAULT}" size="50" maxlength="1000">
    This will change the length of text to be added to most of the pages you are asking for except for "Item Description".
    I am not sure where the "item description" maxlength is. I thought it would of been in the sell.tpl theme file but, I am not sure. I will have to find it. The might not be a limit on the "item description". If there is then it's somewhere in the ckeditor part of the script or the length setting could be in the actual database. I am feeling there is probably not a limit set for "item description".

7. ILYA DIANKOFF

ILYA DIANKOFF New Member

I put maxlength="12000">. But this didn't fix the problem; I'm afraid. I'd really appreciate if you help me. This is the last problem I need to fix. A, and also the Google translate widget turns up only on the index page top right where I put it but I need it top right on all pages. It is in HTML and Java but WeBid is in PHP and this is the problem; I don't know where to put it. On the index page I converted the widget into PHP, pasted it just above <TIME> with <align_right>, then I deleted this code later on but it still appears top right on the index page.

8. david62311

Try removing maxlenth="12000" completely and see if that help.

We are only supposed to talk about one issue per thread here. You are asking for more than one issue.

9. ILYA DIANKOFF

ILYA DIANKOFF New Member

This didn't change anything.

10. pani100

What exactly are you trying to increase? The title only or the description? or both?

11. ILYA DIANKOFF

ILYA DIANKOFF New Member

The description and keywords. There is no title tag in the admin panel. And also the news, notes, about us, terms and conditions, privacy policy, cookies policy.

12. pani100

For the about us, terms, cookie policy and privacy policy Titles you will need to increase the capacity in the database as mentioned earlier.
    You will need to access your phpMyAdmin on your server - webhost (assuming that you do have access to this)
    Select your webid database and open webid_settings.
    Click on the structure on the top tab and you will see the something like fieldname[​IMG] varchar(30).
    Click on change for that field and increase to what you want/need.
    The description for these is pages should hold quite a lot of data so don't know why they are not.
    Do you mean you want the page description box to be bigger?
    I am using a different ckeditor so I don't know what if that is affecting your descriptions. Maybe someone else can advise if they have the same problem. If someone else can try to add plenty of text and see if it is saved and shows on the front end.