Don't want auctions

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade' started by thehippyelf, Sep 25, 2017.

1. BabyDunk

BabyDunk Active Member

i dont see those things when i list an item with buy now only. i just see Auction type: Buy Now Only

Attached Files:

2. thehippyelf

thehippyelf Member

Maybe you're not seeing them because the items were created before the auction elements were taken out of the code? I've tried creating another product for sale but I get an "Invalid auction type" error coming up - I'm assuming this is because an auction type cannot be selected but how would I get around that?

3. BabyDunk

BabyDunk Active Member

did you follow this post??? you can forget the parts to do with sell.tpl and functions_sell.php

4. thehippyelf

thehippyelf Member

Apologies BabyDunk :-/ Just trying to get around the 'auction type' error. Thank you for all your help, much appreciated :)

5. BabyDunk

BabyDunk Active Member

No bother ;)

6. thehippyelf

thehippyelf Member

When it comes to sorting out this issue with the 'Auction Type' error I'm getting when I try to list a new product, is there something obvious I should be doing to overcome it? I'm assuming it's a case of setting the auction value in the code but cannot for the life of me work out what I need to change - I've looked in sell.tpl and nothing seems to relate to it :( Sorry, I will stop hassling you but this is near enough the last problem I've got but cannot sort myself lol :confused:

7. BabyDunk

BabyDunk Active Member

all the answers are in post 23. . have you commented out 'ATYPE' => $system->SETTINGS['auction_types'][$atype], in sell.php and not sell.tpl??

and i dont mind as long as you make some effort yourself ;) we all have to learn some how

8. thehippyelf

thehippyelf Member

The only changes I've made have been to the sell.tpl file. Haven't changed anything in the sell.php file

9. BabyDunk

BabyDunk Active Member

open sell.php and comment out line 465

from this
    PHP:
    'ATYPE' => $system->SETTINGS['auction_types'][$atype],
    to this
    PHP:
    //'ATYPE' => $system->SETTINGS['auction_types'][$atype],

10. thehippyelf

thehippyelf Member

I made that change and have been creating new products but that darn 'Invalid Auction Type' error's still popping up when I try to submit a new product :confused:. Tried clearing the cache and still no joy. It seems like such a minor thing to stop but (in my eyes at least) seems to be impossible to correct :(

11. BabyDunk

BabyDunk Active Member

did you comment of the lines in datacheck.inc.php? for both IF statements??

12. thehippyelf

thehippyelf Member

No, haven't touched that file. Where abouts is that in the file structure and I know this will sound stupid but which IF statements should I comment out? o_O

13. BabyDunk

BabyDunk Active Member

you obviously didnt read anything that i posted previous. the files in includes :eek::mad: i'm saying no more

14. thehippyelf

thehippyelf Member

Sorry BabyDunk, just got a friend to go through the previous comments and found the one about datacheck.inc.php and it appears to be working now :D - I have quite severe scotopic sensitivity syndrome so my eyes make things a little tricky to see so I do apologise for missing some of your previous statements. Thankyou for all your help, really appreciate it very much :)

BabyDunk likes this.
  15. BabyDunk

BabyDunk Active Member

Sorry to hear that @thehippyelf and hope you get a fix for that never mind WeBid and Glad you got your WeBid problem sorted now.

thehippyelf likes this.
  16. Robby

Robby New Member

How do I create a new thread??

17. BabyDunk

BabyDunk Active Member

Chose a category from the main menu chose cat.JPG

the click post new thread post thread.JPG

Robby likes this.
  18. thehippyelf

thehippyelf Member

Hey BabyDunk - I've got the majority of the site up and running as I wanted so thank you for helping me out with that. I have now began the testing phase and having created a new test user account and tried adding product am now finding that I cannot upload product images whether they are uppercase (JPG) or lowercase (jpg). This has only started happening since making the amendments you helped me out with previously. I'm wondering whether some change in code or commenting out of code is causing the issue.

I've looked through the forum and tried many of the methods recommended but nothing appears to be making any different and wondered if you could suggest anything?

Hope you're well, regards Matt.

19. BabyDunk

BabyDunk Active Member

Hey @thehippyelf

i just re-tried buy now only as above and i dont have problems with uploading any images whether the extension is uppercase and lowercase. it works flawlessly. well atleast for how far i have tested .. i have have tried buying the item yet but for listing its sound

you must have problems else where in the script. maybe you should consider upgrading to 1.2.2? or maybe the github version as updates are being added every other week to that.

20. thehippyelf

thehippyelf Member

You tried creating a Buy Now only item on my website and it allowed you to add images then?