Q Dahlsvarehus.com Improved Capcha

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by Guest, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

LEGAL WARNING!
    All code i am sharing here.

You may not redistribute, sell, or give away my code or part of my code.
    Use of my code in any script other than WeBid is forbidden.

Use of my code in any script other than WeBid or use of it in any script that is a clone of WeBid or in any script that you are selling or giving away requires my full written permission and will be liable to a UK £1.00 royalty charge for every copy of the script you redistribute, sell, give away or use.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE: v1.1 captcha now fit default theme and font changed for better reading
    View attachment 2432

Sorry there is no live demo at the moment, i have problems with my free host.

this captcha make it harder for bots crack the code.

just replace the capcha folder with the one from this page

+ it has multi language audio just add your language to the audio folder as you would do in the languages EN DK etc. and it takes the correct language if its there else it uses the default English one.
    Dk is there as example you can delete that folder if you not use Danish.

Note i have made some small changes to the layout of captcha to fit my theme so i am not sure how it fits the default theme i hope it is all right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please remember to click installed and give stars, also consider a donation if you use it.
    to donate you find the link support Developer in the right menu
    View attachment 2440
    I have posted mods in here for over 5 years and no one has donated anything.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Update

UPDATE: v1.01
    captcha now fit default theme
    audio now in different languages, from capcha audio folder/language
    8 charactes
    grid and characters in same color to avoid OCR recognition
    new captcha.ttf font for easier reading
    View attachment 2433

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
  3. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

I never even thought about the captcha for different languages as far as the audio goes. I will have to find some audio in Español. Good thinking Dahlsvarehus.com on making it Universally friendly for different languages.

I haven't tested this out yet but, I will soon. I actually like the first fonts you used that were harder to read because of the thin lines that something got hidden behind the grid lines. I thought it made it hard for the bots to read them because the grid lines hid the lines on the characters.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

removed im leaving.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

removed im leaving.

6. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

RE: Version 001

I have changed the mod category as this is more of a "Feature Enhancement" than it is a "New Feature"

I have no clue where the "RE: Version 001" is coming from above but the forum won't get rid of it, I even completely deleted the post physically Removed it from the database and re posted it but its still there

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

removed im leaving.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

removed im leaving.

9. david62311

I actually just tried this. The 1st captcha dahl made had characters in different colors. I noticed today that all of the 8 characters were only being read out in audio with only 7 characters. I thought I tested that before. This doesn't work on my webid site with the audio. I have a blind friend who uses the PC and pretty good at using the pc without his vision. He would need to hear the letters correctly.

I haven't tested out this new improved captcha version. I am tempted to take my security codes down and let the bots have a go at this one. This one doesn't look as hard to penetrate. For fun, I think I will test it now and report back.

10. david62311

I would of reported back sooner but, after the spam bots saw the dahl's new and improved captcha, they ran away and I couldn't run any tests without them. I had opened my webid site up and removed and restored my .htaccess file to the original code to allow bots to get on my site so, I could test out this captcha. As soon as I put up a real register.php in the proper place, I only had 6 attempts and then today, I had hardly any activity on my site at all. I finally got some bot activity this evening. It's like they were shut down or something for the day or something. Maybe a power outage. I keep getting the same IPs from Paris, France that have been hitting my page for over a month. I wish I could zap their computer and remove their spam bot program.

Here's a photo of their activity. Maybe some of you have these same IPs hitting your page. The 195 and 198 are the Paris, France one that I see hitting my site all month. There was 59 attemps the bots took at that captcha in a 4 hour period and no bots got by it. I will just share a few in the photo.
    Captcha improvement.png

For the record, I have no links leading up to my register.php page. The bots go directly to the register.php page.

I've seen enough now. This captcha passes but, needs some coding on the audio part. The bots are really coming at my site now. They are not registering but, they are making a mess in my visitor log. Back up go my .htaccess codes. Time to rename my register.php page again too.

I am curious though if what if I let those two on from Paris France. If I let them on and then deleted their accounts, would they stop trying to sign up? What would probably happen is they will probably disappear on me and then maybe new proxys would hit me and I would have to make adjustments. I better just not let them in. :p

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  11. HackNtheBox

HackNtheBox New Member

only allows 4 characters typed in field, yet new captcha has many more characters....FAIL

how can I add more characters in the input captcha field

12. nay27uk

It should say in the instructions but incase it does not.

Open the file includes/captcha/securimage.php and on line 465 find the code
    PHP:
    <input type="text" name="captcha_code" size="5" maxlength="4" />
    Replace it with code
    PHP:
        <input type="text" name="captcha_code" size="8" maxlength="8" />
    Save the file and reupload

13. Kristian

Kristian New Member

Will this work on webid version: 1.0.2 ?

14. nay27uk

yeah it should do as its the same captcha system

15. nay27uk

Thread now closed as this is already integrated into the latest WeBid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.