Dev Mod CSV Bulk Auction Importer

Discussion in 'Modding/Theme Help' started by renlok, Jan 10, 2013.

1. pani100

pani100 Well-Known Member

RE: Version 0.3

Yes it coming along good. Validating data values is done now.
    I will need some sort of formula to check and rectify inputs for auctions like buy now, buy now only. Haven't looked into that part yet. It will check the patterns and self rectify the other values if needed.
    Working on the progress bar at the moment. Will try and pass values over to it so it also acts as a small message window too, saying amount and if any errors.

renlok likes this.
  2. pani100

Might be an idea to start an email queue mod which we can use with this mod to eliminate problems with too many emails sent at once. The email queue mod would be totally independent from the bulk uploader mod and could be used by any webid installation.
    Another problem I see is on the fees side. It really should generate one invoice but with all the auctions added all together, as a single invoice for each auction would not be user friendly. So might have to build on that too. I have now figured what I need for the validation of the auction setup and will be adding that too into the mod.

3. cosmicnige

cosmicnige New Member

CSV Import problem.

Hi - I have been trying to use batch v3.3, but each time I point my browser at the file, I get a 404 error, page cannot be found. I am using webid version 1.1.1 and I know you mention to adjust the top includes if using the latest webid version. How do you do this for my version and where do I do this? Any help would be appreciated as I would like to try your Webid uploader. Thanks.

4. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

Thanks for bumping this thread cosmicnige! I never knew this mod existed. I really could use this mod. It looks like an excellent mod. I will have to tinker with it.

5. david62311

I installed renloks version. Some tabs in the admin panel to link to this might be a nice addition.

I haven't tried uploading a .csv to my main site because I am scared it will ruin my real webid page. I will have to try this on one of my webid test sites before I try it on my main site.

6. TheCodeRed

TheCodeRed New Member

This is a Mod I will be doing some work on as well now that I have found it. A bulk uploader was one of the first things we were looking into when trying to make an auction site. Figuring WeBid was based on openSource, even if the mod did not exist, it should be feasble enough to make on my own. Now that I see somebody else has started it, I will see what we can do to it to make it more usable and perhaps one day included as a feature.

7. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

The user that added this is the founder of webid. If he wanted it integrated as a feature he would have coded it and integrated it by now. Don't forget your looking and replying in the MODs forum

8. TheCodeRed

TheCodeRed New Member

MODs = modules not Moderators correct? I will be contributing whatever code to github. I understand that if features were needed and completed they would be included as needed or made sense into the core application at some point. The goal of all code should be to be implemented at some point.

9. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

No.
    mods = modifications

And its up to renlok as pointed out before what if any mods he ads in to future versions of webid. I have been with webid since 2009 and have only ever seen 1 mod make it to a release of webid, that was the invoices mod

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  10. renlok

renlok Administrator Staff Member

Its something that might be added at some point buts no where near finished and dint have time to finish it. If you want to take over the development that would be ideal

nay27uk likes this.
  11. david62311

I wish I could remember who told me they were bulk uploading items to their page and getting a commission for selling items. They had to of had theirs working. There was a lot of items.

12. TheCodeRed

TheCodeRed New Member

Looking back into this, I believe I had issues with the CSV file when testing but figured I should come back here and make sure I read through the thread thoroughly. There are also 2 alternative methods I am looking into which may be just as easy or better from a user standpoint. I always see if what somebody else has started will work first for me. Again I will keep you guys informed. Sorry, i meant Modifications/Modules (A module is a modification in package form)

Again, all work done be any developer lead or contributory, I am greatly thankful for all the time and hard work to get us where we even are today. It is nice to be part of a like-minded community who are trying to achieve the same goals together cooperatively and individually.

13. pani100

Hi The CodeRed, I will try and revisit this mod over the weekend. I had made good progress but had to divert as a problem with emails occurred (after importing thousands of auctions and all where trying to send emails exactly the same time). I had to make an email queuing system to not go over 100 or 500 emails per hour.

14. TheCodeRed

TheCodeRed New Member

Nice. I would think a single summary e-mail would be just fine. Did you find you had a NEED for individual e-mails, or is it just because the system would automatically create the e-mails after the counter was reset?

15. pani100

It was after the creation. When auctions closed . My host put a block on my site as webid tried to send over 500 emails within an hour. I did have over 10.000 auctions which was done by batches of 2000 and 3000 and had a lot of auctions ending the same time.( they where all a copy of around 10 different ones)

16. gsc1ugs

gsc1ugs Active Member

Ok, simple sql required, how do I look at the auctions table and make an insert out of my db? the first columns is all I need then this uploader may work

INSERT INTO WEBID_AUCTIONS(INSERT INTO webid_auctions(user;title;subtitle;starts;description.... etc

and why is the delimiter a semi_colon? and not a comma?

17. gsc1ugs

gsc1ugs Active Member

This is the problem, is isn't splitting colums correctly, why is this?

PHP:
    ---- before processing start ------
    Array
    (
        [
    user;tit] => 4'1999 Vauxha
        [e;subtit] =>
        [e;starts;description;pict_ur] => Astra Esate Diese
        [;category;secondcat;minimum_bid;shipping_cost;shipping_cost_additiona] => '
    '''1459934546''

\r\n MOT Status Ends : 09 Nov 2016

\r\n
    \r\n Mi
        [;reserve_price;buy_now;auction_type;duration;increment;shipping;payment;internationa] => eage 164409 mi
        [;ends;current_bid;c] => es

\r\n
    \r\n Diese
        [osed;photo_up] => Run for ever isuzu engine astra estate; needs c
        [oaded;quantity;suspended;re] => eaning inside; does not sme
        [ist;re] =>
        [isted;num_bids;so] => but needs a c
        [d;shipping_terms;bn_on] => ean hence price. Long mot nov 2016 V5 with me

\r\n'
    'test2.jpg'1600.990.000.00250.000.00'1''21'0.00'3''paypa
        [y;bo] => '
    '0''1461748946'0.000010200'n''Pickup on
        [d;high] => y'
    'n''n''n''n'0.00'n''y'NULL'Used''vauxha
        [ighted;featured;current_fee;tax;taxinc;asking;item_condition;item_manufacturer;item_mode] =>
        [;item_co] => '
    'astra''b
        [our;item_year] => ue'
    '1999'
    )

---- 
    before processing end ------

18. gsc1ugs

gsc1ugs Active Member

Did anyone get this file to work? pani100? I have a problem it seems splitting file up, why is a semicolon used?

19. gsc1ugs

gsc1ugs Active Member

20. gsc1ugs

gsc1ugs Active Member

parsing types is not happening with the script, any pointers?