Can you code using nothing but notepad?

Discussion in 'CSS and HTML' started by Buccaneer, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Buccaneer

Buccaneer New Member

If you can code HTML and PHP using nothing but notepad and can think way outside the box, contact me diskmaster3@gmail.com. Only those with an exellent understanding of mysql need apply and of course you know what an auction site is don't you.

2. kevinkrieger

kevinkrieger New Member

Dreamweaver is the good commercial editor to create a web site. It saves time.

3. renlok

renlok Administrator Staff Member

I know this is a necro thread but I feel like posting :)

notepad is fine to just learn but its a pain in the arse when you have a lot of code as nothing is colour coded and the search functionality is terrible. And I found with dreamweaver it is far too complicated for what you actually need if you know nothing about web design and just want to make a html website it is fine, although the site manager is pretty awesome

4. DrJ

DrJ Active Member

NotePad++ keeps getting better and better.

5. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm still stuck in my ways and use nothing other than frontpage 2003

6. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

The thread is old but, since it's active now sounds like fun to talk about what we use.

Notepad ++ is what I use and I like it a lot but, I want to try to use Sublime 2. Sublime 2 is what Alex Garrett of phpacademy likes to teach with. I follow what he teaches.

Anybody try Eclipse? I used it once in a tutorial and it seemed pretty interesting. It closed stuff of for me automatically when I used it.

I just Googled and found a very cool listing of editors on wikipedia that I would like to share:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PHP_editors

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  7. bmroy

bmroy Member

I was a previous user of dreamweaver and have elected a lower cost option due to this being a hobby and not a job. Software subscription was a bit pricey. I have used Microsoft Frontpage, Notepad++, Kompozer and a few others in the past to work on web design projects..

Currently I am using Netbeans with the php addon and it is absolutely my favorite editor. The project management, code completion, class completion, and debugging are far superior to most I have used. I am very pleased with the product and would highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for a robust solution with great built in features..

Just my 2 cents...

Regards,
    Brandon

8. frosticek

frosticek Member

Seems I am only one person using plain text editor (net2ftp text editor) :confused:

9. Guest

Guest Guest

when i search for net2ftp it says its a FTP :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
  10. frosticek

frosticek Member

@Dahlsvarehus.com
    Well, I did not expect someone does not know it :)

net2ftp is website: net2ftp.com - you can use it to connect to any ftp without any program. So it is perfect when you work on different computer every day, you do not need nothing. You can edit code with this site using plain text editor, exactly looks like unformated textarea

11. Guest

Guest Guest

so you edit your site with net2ftp ?

12. Guest

Guest Guest

ok i see but you did not mention it was online service and even called it a a plain text editor :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
  13. frosticek

frosticek Member

@Dahlsvarehus.com
    Sorry, my fault ... but if you wish to try something new, I recommend this one ;)

14. mark389283

mark389283 New Member

I used to use PSPad; If you have a chance try it out for yourself - I think they might still have a free version.

15. worldbetta

worldbetta New Member

I have been using Sublime3 with ok resulta you can get it from herehttp://www.sublimetext.com/3