1.2.1 auction setup fee

Discussion in 'General Support' started by zortan, Dec 19, 2017.

1. zortan

zortan New Member

greetings all

new to this script , busy testing it out and such , though under fees when I setup a fee for creating a auction it seems to not work at all my from is 0.01 and my to is 999 999 with live mode on as well tried it with balance mode still the same thing

all the other fees that I setup work fine seems to just be the auction setup fee

any advice perhaps ?

2. baxxab

baxxab New Member

Yes, the auction fee is not charged how to solve this problem? Thank you!

3. jman2o2

jman2o2 New Member

I am having the same issue. However, I am trying to charge a buyers fee or final price fee of 12 percent. It never shows up after the auction is closed. Are both of you having any issues with this?

4. Jay Hunt

Jay Hunt New Member

To fix the auction setup fee you must change functions_sell.php in the includes folder. You can use notepad but Notepad++ is much better.

Search for
    and change to
    In the admin panel hit 'clear cache' and now all should work.

5. zortan

zortan New Member

whohooo and working , thank you very much for your assistance :)

6. jman2o2

jman2o2 New Member

Anyone have any fixes for the percentage for buyers fee not working?

7. Jay Hunt

Jay Hunt New Member

What version of WeBid are you on? I think the 'buyer fee' issue is the same as the 'final price fee' issue. On WeBid 1.2.1 I can't get flat or % to work for either. I've looked at the code and I didn't see any syntax errors so I can only assume code needs added or modified for these fees to work properly.

8. jman2o2

jman2o2 New Member

Do you know what code to add? This is like the last thing that is keeping my site from going live.

9. Jay Hunt

Jay Hunt New Member

So it turns out that the buyer fee for flat and % only work under Balance Mode. You can't use them in Live Payment mode. Login as Admin and go to the Fees tab. On the left hand side select Enable/disable fees then look for Set Payment Type and select Balance Mode.

With that said please note that there are 2 different invoices when an item ends. There's the item invoice and there's a WeBid account invoice.
    This will not ad the buyer fee to the item invoice. It will ad it to their WeBid account invoice (List Invoices) and account balance (Outstanding Payments).

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  10. jman2o2

jman2o2 New Member

Ok thanks I will try this. That is strange they don't just put the charge on the item invoice. Might make customers a little confused as to why they are getting charged in a separate place.

11. jman2o2

jman2o2 New Member

Ok so I put the site into balance mode. Set the buyers fee to 12 percent. I deleted all account and made new accounts for this test. I put up a new item. Bid on it. Then closed the auction. I go the invoice for the item. However, I am not seeing another invoice anywhere for the buyers fee.

12. Jay Hunt

Jay Hunt New Member

1) Once you set the balance mode and buyers fee did you hit 'clear cache' on the admin Home tab?
    2) Did you close the auction or did you let the auction run its course until the time was 0:00?
    3) You also have to visit the main site page for cron.php to run (admin-settings tab- Batch Procedures Settings-run cron)

13. geoffrey foggon

geoffrey foggon New Member

works great