A note to all Testers of and all Regular Users of WeBid

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by nay27uk, Sep 9, 2016.

1. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

OK I understand that it has started to get a bit confusing around here, and that there are far too many members that do not know what version of WeBid they are actually using or what version of WeBid they should be using.

I am writing this post to better explain what you should be using for the member group you fall into and how to title all of your future posts, hopefully so that we can stop some of the confusion with regards to WeBid versions and their uses.

When referring to Standard Users and Members of WeBid below I am referring to any member here that has come here looking for an auction script to use immediately on a website in order to open it to the public for the public to buy and sell items.

When referring to Testing/Dev, Users and Members of WeBid below I am referring to any member here that has come here looking for an auction script to use on a website but who is now also actively involved in the Testing and Development of the WeBid script, in other words any Member/User of WeBid that is actively involved with the production and testing of the WeBid script via GitHub and theas forums.

Standard Users and Members of WeBid (Non Testers)
    1. Only ever download WeBid from the download link on the homepage HERE (this is the most stable release of WeBid and can in 99.98% of cases be used under a live website environment).
    2. Fully ignore any other Version of WeBid that you have seen posted in any other post on the forums, If the download on the homepage of the website HERE does not clearly state the Version number you have seen elsewhere in any post on the forums then DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT, it is more than likely a DEV version of WeBid or an outdated unstable version of WeBid.
    3. Never Ever, Download any version of WeBid from GitHub or any other website (see point number 1 above).
    4. For all future posts that you make to this forum, any member falling under this category must put in their post title the words (Standard User) this must be the beginning of your thread title followed by the actual Version of WeBid that you have installed and are using this should be followed by your problem. For example (Standard User) (1.2.1) Buyers can't pay Sellers.
    5. I will try to add a list of Testing/Dev members to this thread below later on today and I will update this list regularly as an when new members join the Testing/Dev team (as I like to refer to it), If your name is not included in that list below then ONLY EVER DOWNLOAD WeBid from the homepage HERE (See Point 1 above)

Testing/Dev, Users and Members of WeBid (Testers and Dev team ONLY)
    1. You can download any WeBid version you see listed on the forums for Testing and Development reasons.
    2. For all future posts that you make to this forum, any member falling under this category must put in their post title the words (Testing/Dev User) this must be the beginning of your thread title followed by the actual Version of WeBid that you have installed and are testing this should be followed by your problem. For example (Testing/Dev User) (1.2.2) Problem in yourbids.php.
    3. You do not fall under any of the other restrictions of the above users.

List of Testing/Dev, Users and Members of WeBid
    • @renlok (Owner of WeBid, Tester/Dev, Mod Coder, Theme Coder, Guru Owner Coder)
    • @timw255 (Tester/Dev, Mod Coder, Guru Member Coder)
    • @nay27uk (Forum Moderator, Tester/Dev, Mod Coder, Theme Coder, Novice Coder)
    • @Box Lot (Forum Moderator, Tester/Dev, Mod Coder, Novice Coder)
    • @david6231 (Tester/Dev, Novice Coder)
    • @hhavatar (Tester/Dev, Mod Coder, Novice Coder)
    • @Aucsta.com (Tester/Dev)
    • @NozlafAu (Tester/Dev)

I will update this with the names of more Testers/Devs later, If you are an active Tester/Dev and your name is not on this list please don't hesitate to PM me and I will add your name or remove it if you wish.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  2. Mario Sousa

Mario Sousa New Member

Hello.

The auctions I entered do not appear on the site. appears in the categories, when I click on them, the message comes that no auction found. Could you help me, please?

thank you.