25 Must Read Social Media Marketing Tips

Discussion in 'Business' started by renlok, Dec 6, 2009.

1. renlok

renlok Administrator Staff Member

I found this excellent blog post by Lee Odden. I highly recommend taking the time to read through it. I also notice many other very beneficial posts on his blog. Give me some feed back on his post and specific ways that you feel it can help your Social Network Marketing campaign.

25 Must Read Social Media Marketing Tips
    http://www.toprankblog.com/2009/04/social-media-marketing-tips/

2. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

A very interesting read I especialy agree with the quote

This is so true, more companys need to listen to what the customer wants and needs.
    You could liken it to WeBid as an example, I would say that 9 out of 10 people when looking for, or using an auction script are looking for eBay, basicaly everything ebay does and then some. Altho in the case of WeBid this is as yet unachivable and the script as is, despite bugs is a good script. unfortunatly when listening to customers needs and wants the circle is never ending because in the example of WeBid, WE, the end user have to listen to our customers, what they would like to see as a feature or just to make things more user friendly. We then have to approch you the coder, for the changes to be made, you may have to contact another party, and they, another, somewher along the line someone will fail to listen causing a big impact on everyone conected in the chain.

As we can see it is good practice to listen to our customers but when a customer complains "Your not listening to us" sometimes the sole blame can't lie with the one company because in fact the blaim may lie in the hands of another company somewher along the chaine that quite simply either did'nt listen or said NO. And this is a point that as customers we need to remember aswel.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  3. swad

swad Member

One of the most inspiring words in my life as a developer was in the movie Antitrust, in which a software company owner says “… this business is binary, you are a 1 or a 0 … alive or dead … there is no second place”, you need to watch this 3 min video, or watch the full movie, it really worth it :)
    [video=youtube;QYMn6pXOmJU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYMn6pXOmJU[/video]

4. sunitanayak

sunitanayak New Member

Very good concept in this video,