1.2 Released

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by renlok, May 21, 2016.

1. Skazka252

Skazka252 Member

What is wrong with this?

2. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

When you say you updated how did you do the update?
    If you used the update script that comes with WeBid in the WeBid install folder then that has never worked properly and usualy breaks things.

Usually if using the update.php in the WeBid install folder you have to do the updates in steps, For example you cant have say WeBid 1.0.3 and use the updater script to update strait from 1.0.3 to WeBid 1.1.2P2 you would first have to update from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4 then from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5 and so on until you reached 1.1.2P2 however if you are using the update script in WeBid 1.1.2P2 and updating to 1.2 then there should be no problem.

Just for testing try installing WeBid 1.2 from fresh maybe in another folder and with a new database and see if you still have the same problems as your having now.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  3. Skazka252

Skazka252 Member

But in that case I will lost all data... Users, auctions...

4. Skazka252

Skazka252 Member

I update from WeBid 1.1.2P2 to 1.2 ...

5. Skazka252

Skazka252 Member

WeBid Installer v1.2.0
    Writing to database: 6% Complete

Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /homepages/37/d531001901/htdocs/OhoDeal/includes/database/DatabasePDO.php on line 53

6. Skazka252

Skazka252 Member

when you try a fresh install

7. nay27uk

HOW TO try a fresh install.

In your hosting account CP (usualy cPanel) make a completely new database and assign a user to it with FULL PRIVILEGES then follow the steps below.
    1. Make a totally new folder in your Public_html folder for your hosting account and Upload WeBid 1.2 to the totally new folder via FTP, call the new folder webidtest for example and upload all of the new WeBid 1.2 files and folders to the new folder webidtest via FTP.
    2. Go to your new URL in a browser, so in the example above you have uploaded all of the new files and folders in the WeBid 1.2 version to a totally new folder on your hosting account named webidtest so now in your browser go to http://www.yourdomain.com/webidtest (replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name) this will load the WeBid installer.
    3. On the first page you are greeted with in the WeBid Installer enter all the details of you FRESH install including the new database name that you just made in your hosting CP.
    4. Allow the installation to complete.
    5. Test the new WeBid install out to see if you still have the same problems as you posted above

8. Skazka252

Skazka252 Member

Done, but when i try to register new user:
    Fatal error: Can't use method return value in write context in /htdocs/OhoDeal/register.php on line 207

9. Skazka252

Skazka252 Member

The line is:
    if (empty($system->filter($_POST['TPL_nick'])))

I google and find that
    Prior to PHP 5.5, empty() only supports variables; anything else will result in a parse error. In other words, the following will not work: empty(trim($name)). Instead, use trim($name) == false.
    I use 5.5, but I totally do not know how to rewrite this line...

10. Skazka252

Skazka252 Member

SOLVED: need change to
    if ($system->filter($_POST['TPL_nick']))

11. Skazka252

Skazka252 Member

But... If you try register, any user name it is not permitted:
    Please select a different user name as our word filter will not allow this name to be used.

12. nay27uk

OK let me do some more checking later today or tomorrow as I have this installed on a server still using php 5.3

13. nay27uk

HTTP ERROR 500 when clicking on the Register Link in the header in the new Version.
    Nothing loged in the webid error log and nothing in the server error log.
    Not tried it in the modern/bootstrap theme.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  14. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

This is a little annoying in the new Bootstrap theme. When you use your PC and are looking at the screen and you get to the bottom of the register page the freakin' captcha and submit are on the top right.
    Annoying.png
    capture-20160526-193426.png

15. david62311

The admin notes leave a \ for every apostrophe in a word or odd character added to it after the submit button is clicked. It multiplies every time it's clicked.
    capture-20160526-194050.png

nay27uk likes this.
  16. david62311

This message tells me I am running the old version when it's the 1.2 version and the newest one.
    capture-20160526-194318.png

17. david62311

I will report more bugs when I find them. @renlok would you rather have us start new threads and try to fix them or should we keep reporting the bugs here and try to fix them like nay27uk suggested? I would like to know what you think. Frankly, I think it's a bad idea to post all of the bugs that we find here and to start working on fixing them using only this thread. I would like to suggest a new section for the 1.2 version posts. I have very limited time to help out here and I am starting to feel like I am doing stuff wrong in here by posting new threads because of nay27uk telling me to post everything here. Maybe I misread what he was saying but, I can tell you, I am pretty annoyed right now.

A few people have told me that they don't want to upload the 1.2 version and they will just wait until the bugs are worked out of it before they attempt to install it. Why not just let them kick back and wait and let us do the work? A lot of the old scripts wouldn't of gotten far if it wasn't for a few good coders like pani100 and others. I was the person to help out with security issues and also I was experimented a lot and was learning as I went. I was the one who pointed out the spam bot issue in the beginning. If it wasn't for Webid, I wouldn't have gotten as far as I did with learning coding. I left here for a little bit and was still checking in but, that's all. I had to take care of some personal matters and came back with freshened up coding skills. In my time away from here I retook a lot of the lessons I learned in 2011 as a newbie, which as a newbie, most newbies wouldn't absorb a lot coding knowledge. Now that I've been working with Webid for a few years, I was understanding what Sololearn was teaching me and I know a lot more than I did before. It will take me some time to adapt to the PDO language and not use sql but, I will get the hang of it soon enough. I'm already adapting at a decent rate.

Webid 2.0 is a whole new project. People better understand that it's not going to work right out of the box and there will be a lot of bugs to fix. There's going to be a lot of work that we will have to do to it. People that know how the old script worked will have an advantage here because they may be able to look back and see the changes made and see if something was missing from the coding. We're going to have to start new threads sooner or later. Otherwise this thread will be ridiculously long and most people like myself don't want to read a thread with 8 or 16 pages that has all different bug issues and people trying to solve them in the same thread. This is a thread with the announcement and the file for the Webid 1.2 version. It shouldn't be a thread where we report bugs and solutions except for an install bug like I tried to help out with but, made the mistake of using sql instead of using the new coding for the pdo.

18. david62311

All messages posted whether in the admin notes or the news section that have a special character like an apostrophe for example in don't or can't it makes it don\'t or can\'t. It might be a universal issue or perhaps the coding needs filtering on all of the pages where you can post a message. If you submit the form again it duplicates the \ character and will continue to duplicate it or them every time the submit button is clicked. I think I had seen a . \ . somewhere but, it's probably not related. I will have a look around and see if I can see where the issue is.

19. david62311

The \ problem does the same in the meta tags. It changes don't or can't it makes it don\'t or can\'t.

20. nay27uk

Hi David if you want you can post any bugs you find to the bug tracker that may help renlok even more than my original idea.

I think you maybe right things will get lost and forgotten posting them all in here so it would be better to start a new thread in the appropriate board then also post it to the bug tracker and in the bug tracker add a link back to your thread on the forums.

I will start adding some of the posts from this thread into the bug tracker over the weekend.

I wasn't telling you off at all mate sorry if that's how it came across I was just thinking what would be the best way for renlok to follow the bugs and at the time thought that posting everything here would be best (forgetting about the bug tracker) but now having pondered over it I think what I mention above will be best.

Post a new thread in the relevant board followed by a post to the bug tracker linking back to your thread.

Last edited: May 27, 2016