1.2 rc5

Discussion in 'Testers' started by renlok, Sep 3, 2014.

1. renlok

renlok Administrator Staff Member

So after some testing the install / upgrade seems to be working fine, if you want to test it then I will finally upload 1.2 to sourceforce

2. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

I got it to work and used the download the script from github. I mentioned I was a newbie with installing scripts manually and I am. I originally installed my 1.1.0 through softaculous on my cpanel.

I kept trying to pre-set everything up in the MySQL Databases. It was still getting stuck even though I set up a new database and and a user with a password. I don't know what the conflict was but, maybe I just was trying to install it through the wrong page or something. I got it now after instead of creating a password for my MySQL user, I ended up generating the password. Maybe some of my characters were messing in it up. I really want to know why it was getting stuck at 25% so, I can give you an real answer why it did that. I will experiment some more until I figure it out and report back.

3. david62311

Scratch everything I said there about the admin notes remaining null after submitting in the admin panel. It seems to be working fine now. I may lost a marble somewhere. :eek:

I think I did get a full install the first time and the database was remaining null...or I was expecting it to submit the note and display below. I don't know what happened there.

I installed the script 3 times now and it installed at different speeds ok. The first time however it was getting stuck at 25% and then I would wait ten minutes and it would not install. It seems to be working now. Maybe I didn't set up the correct info the first time to connect. I have a better understanding how to set it up now.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  4. david62311

I don't know what's going on with it but, I can't register in the 1.2 version with the bootstrap theme. I haven't tested out the old theme. I got an internal 500 error and it's not showing up in the error log. When I go into the admin panel the user I just signed up is listed there and I try to resend the email and the same thing happens and it goes to a error 500 page.

I just was in my admin panel email settings and tried to send test mail with the Webid and the Mail protocoll and nothing went through.

I only get one error it seems and it's not regenerating in the error log. Has the error log been created to only write up one error of the same kind. Never mind, I see the button now on the bottom for all errors. The error reports this:
    Unknown error type: [8] Undefined variable: mail on...includes/class_email_handler.php line 475

That would be this that's not defined: clearAddresses();

Any tinkering I try to do to the email handler ends up causing my admin panel and my front page to show me a an internal 500 page and I can't get around it. Why is that includes/class_email_handler.php so sensitive when toying around with the code? Hopefully it's just on my end and not in the 1.2 that's going to be released.

Let me know if anybody else has an email issue showing a 500 error page. I've never seen my class_email_handler.php be that sensitive that any little code changed in it would cause that problem. I am going to try another fresh install and report back.

I did disable my Mod Security to see if that would of helped but, it did not.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  5. david62311

When trying to do a test mail using sendmail in the admin panel I see this error in the console:
    loader.php?js=js/jquery.js;js/jquery-ui.js;js/jquery-migrate.js:2 POST .../emailsettings.php?test_email 500 (Internal Server Error)

I'm using the Github download that I got yesterday. I will try a fresh install in a minute and see what's going on.

6. david62311

@renlok The first time you shared the 1.2 version the emails were working. Now I see these changes in the link below. Maybe you were in the process of updating this when I downloaded the script from Github or maybe I got it before you made the changes. https://github.com/renlok/WeBid/commit/7c4b848d50446205cde8270d485ffd0b1db82816

I downloaded the zip from the github just now and it's still giving me the internal 500 page when I try to register the user. The emails were working in the 1.2 version that you first shared here a few days.

I reinstalled that zip you shared a few days ago too and the emails are working(css not working). I think something that's been changed in the github page in the last day or so is causing my email problem. I will keep checking to see if I can see what it was.

7. david62311

What I see now in the script I just downloaded off of github and installed:
    User side: When I register a new user and click the button, it shows a 500 page but, it sends an email.

Admin side:
    When I send the reminder to to user to active the account, it's going to a 500 internal error page but, still sending the email.
    What's in the url address bar:
    admin/listusers.php?resend=1&id=2&offset=1

@renlok It's this code you removed on includes/class_email_handler.php file around line 443 before the break; that seemed to be causing it:
    PHP:
    if ($sent)
                         return 
    false;
                     else
                         return 
    true;
    User side: After I replaced it back, the register would complete and show the next message.
    Admin side: After I resent the reminder it showed me the proper message.

Sorry for going crazy and posting tons but, I wanted the version working before being put on sourceforge. would of taken more time to figure things out and then report back but, I was rushing here.

8. renlok

renlok Administrator Staff Member

Oh yeah after adding that back it's working for me too, also found the admin login page wasn't loading the theme correctly

Alo likes this.
  9. david62311

Good job getting the themes working correctly.

I'm having trouble with the image uploader. 1st the minor part I will select 5 images to upload. Then I select start upload. When I click on the start upload the folder I just had open and it wants me to upload 1 more image. When I try to upload I see a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it for every image on the right of them. When the image completes, it disappears and is uploaded to my original Webid site. You mentioned session cookies but, I am not logged into my other account. By the way this is on my Google Browser that it's happening. I feel like the images are finding their own place to upload because it's not finding the correct folder to upload to.
    Photo Gallery.jpg
    I set my size limits up. There was no warning on the size limits after I set it higher.

I also tested the site out using Firefox. Sessions or Cookies from my other Webid page should not of affected this picture uploader because I never use for Webid. I am truly thinking the path is wrong and the uploaded pictures are somehow finding their way to my main Webid page.

Just to let you know I am using the new script on a sub page of my DJ site. It's not connected to my 1.1.1 folder at all.

I'm thinking on the sell.php around line 406 this code:
    PHP:
    'IMAGE' => UPLOAD_FOLDER session_id() . '/' $v
    should be:
    PHP:
    'IMAGE' => UPLOAD_PATH session_id() . '/' $v
    There is another UPLOAD_FOLDER in the assign vars that might need to be changed too. I need more time to look into all of this. The codes have changed and I need to adapt to them to figure out which direction they are going in.

Any ideas what could be causing the photos to upload to a whole different folder on my server?

Alo likes this.
  10. david62311

I am still looking at this. Could I be having this problem of it not creating the folder in the right spot because my Webid 1.2 Page is in the back-end of one of my sites?

I didn't know why my Google network wasn't recording a log for me but, tow that I see my preserve log wasn't checked in my Google Console in the Network section it showed me the errors which are:
    plupload.full.min.js:14 POST /ajax.php?do=uploadaucimages 500 (Internal Server Error)(anonymous function)
    @ plupload.full.min.js:14t.extend.send
    @ plupload.full.min.js:14l.exec
    @ plupload.full.min.js:13t.extend.shimExec
    @ plupload.full.min.js:13t.extend.exec
    @ plupload.full.min.js:13r
    @ plupload.full.min.js:14(anonymous function)
    @ plupload.full.min.js:14(anonymous function)
    @ plupload.full.min.js:13i
    @ plupload.full.min.js:13r
    @ plupload.full.min.js:13n.extend.dispatchEvent
    @ plupload.full.min.js:13n.extend.trigger
    @ plupload.full.min.js:13(anonymous function)
    @ plupload.full.min.js:13

upldgallery.php:144 Object {code: -200, message: "HTTP Error.", file: n, response: null, status: 500…}

Alo likes this.