1.2 rc5

Discussion in 'Testers' started by renlok, Sep 3, 2014.

1. super_st

super_st Well-Known Member

Right finally got around to installing fresh version. but install page is coming up blank. I get this error in log

Code:
    PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/****/public_html/******/includes/database/Database.php on line 27

2. renlok

renlok Administrator Staff Member

You need to make sure you have at least php 5.4 running if you're on a shared host and theres no option in your control panel you might be able to just add
    AddHandler application/x-httpd-php54 .php
    to your .htaccess file

3. super_st

super_st Well-Known Member

Cheers said i had 5.4.4, but when i looked it said i was using 5.3, changed that all looks ok

renlok likes this.
  4. renlok

1.2 is now going to be in feature freeze to minimise the risk of adding more bugs and to speed up getting it ready for release. The only pulls that will be accepted will be bug fixes (feel free to submit feature pulls they just wont be merged until after the release of 1.2)

nay27uk likes this.
  5. renlok

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  6. renlok

Only 23 bugs left in the bug tracker and a lot of them seem to be fixed already just need to go through the motions and make sure I can no longer reproduce them

nay27uk likes this.
  7. LOD121

LOD121 New Member

It has been a while since I've had a chance to have a look at the WeBid code. There are still a lot of files that I have in my to-do list for the Admin theme Bootstrap conversion to be complete.

I'm going to try and get some of this (or all of it) done before the release of 1.2 if you're happy with that renlok.

If I don't get the opportunity to work on it for whatever reason, here is the list of files (with some notes) I have marked down that need to be changed to look right with Bootstrap:

renlok likes this.
  8. renlok

Yeah that would awesome if you could. appreciate it :)

9. renlok

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  10. renlok

So I think its pretty ready for release. I will leave it here a day or two before I upload it to sourceforge, but I think it's ready.

As LODs adminBootstrap theme isn't 100% I am temped to leave it out for this release and add it ready for the next one

david62311 likes this.
  11. david62311

david62311 Well-Known Member

I am rusty at manually installing scripts or something. I downloaded the zip file from here and then manually uploaded the zip to my server and went to the link where my install.php file and saw the checks were all green and ready to go but, when I got to step 2 and it got stuck at 25% Complete. I also tried to create a new database and added the info linking to it in the install form. I also tried to install it using a Chrome or Firefox and had no luck. What might I be doing wrong? Is it me or is anybody else having the same problem?

My vote would be keep the bootstrap theme as a mod and separate from the Webid Script. If it is added then please change the theme name to bootstrap and keep the default theme named as default. Thanks!

12. nay27uk

nay27uk Super Moderator Staff Member

I do agree with david, bootstrap and default does sound better than classic and modern. Classic and modern is too like phpbb and confusing to long time webid users.

david62311 likes this.
  13. renlok

Yeah thats a fair point.
    OK I tested the install/upgrade again and its super broken. No idea whats changed last time i tested it it was working fine

nay27uk likes this.
  14. david62311

It could just be me on my end that it's stopping at 25%. If someone else is successful at installing it and let us know then good. It would mean it would be on my end that the problem is.

Just a note and it won't help with the install but, Line 12 in the /install/sql/dump.inc.php file
    Should be changed from:
    PHP:
    `uniquevisitiorsint(11NOT NULL default '0',
    to:
    PHP:
    `uniquevisitorsint(11NOT NULL default '0',
    I just noticed that yesterday when I was trying to get my stats to record again in my database. All of my databases back to 1.1.0 read uniquevisitiors.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    nay27uk likes this.
  15. david62311

I got it to install somehow. I may have not set up my database to work with the install correctly before. I will have to retrace my steps to check it out.

The syle.css is not connecting on the back end. I tried switching the theme from modern to classic and got the same issue. Google console shows. A simple fix is to go into the themes/header.tpl and change line 6 to the proper connection. Like for instance change the header.tpl on line 6 in the adminClassic folder from:
    HTML:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{SITEURL}themes/admin/style.css" />
    to:
    HTML:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{SITEURL}themes/adminClassic/style.css" />
    For the adminBootstrap it's a little more work and I am sure there will be more adjustments throughout that folder. In the adminBootstrap/header.tpl file change:
    HTML:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{SITEURL}themes/admin/css/bootstrap.min.css">
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{SITEURL}themes/admin/css/style.css">
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{SITEURL}themes/admin/css/jquery.lightbox.css" media="screen">
    To this below. A little trick in Notepad++ is when the strings are lined up like that to hit alt+mouse and highlight the 3 admins and change it to adminBootstrap. You can copy and paste too. It will change all 3 strings simultaneously. So, change lines 10-13 to:
    HTML:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{SITEURL}themes/adminBootstrap/css/bootstrap.min.css">
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{SITEURL}themes/adminBootstrap/css/style.css">
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{SITEURL}themes/adminBootstrap/css/jquery.lightbox.css" media="screen">
    One more thing left in the adminBootstrap/header.tpl file to change is change line 17 from:
    HTML:
    <script src="{SITEURL}themes/admin/js/bootstrap.min.js"></script>
    To:
    Code:
    <script src="{SITEURL}themes/adminBootstrap/js/bootstrap.min.js"></script>
    It would be nice if there was a login form on the top right for the bootstrap theme. So, the admin really is in boostrap...my bad. It all looked like the same code. It still would be nice if the folder was named bootstrap and not modern and the classic to default.

Can a new thread be posted please for the new version topic so, the zip file and the rest of the info doesn't get lost in this thread?

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  16. david62311

Well. that was a weird bug I just found with the 1.2 version. It probably would of happened with any version. I was logged into my 1.1.1 version and was working on it. Then I logged onto the Webid 1.2 version. I was logged in as a user on both versions. I went to go test the sell page on the 1.2 version and uploaded a photo. I then saw a yellow exclamation point and then the file disappeared. I looked in the 1.2 uploaded folder and there was no new folders created. I had a way to trace to what I just uploaded. The file went to my 1.1.1 version. Being logged in to two Webids I guess can cause an upload problem with the images. I don't know why that is. I am guessing once the pop up upload image page goes up that the file can go to either one of the two Webids logged into.

On a follow up test, I logged out of my 1.1.1 version and tried to upload the photo in my 1.2 version and it still uploaded to my 1.1.1 version uploaded folder. It's so weird to see that happen.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  17. renlok

try adding
    session_set_cookie_params(0, '/', 'your url without http://');
    before the session_starts():

david62311 likes this.
  18. david62311

Ah, that make sense with the session cookies. My site is https:// Where would I make that adjustment?

19. renlok

you dont want that either you just want the plain domain so this site would be 'webidsupport.com'

david62311 likes this.
  20. renlok

I think the only issue with the installer/update is with it timing out so if i split it into more screens hopefully it should work ok

nay27uk likes this.