0.8 (SVN revisions)

Discussion in 'Testers' started by renlok, Aug 14, 2009.

1. renlok

renlok Administrator Staff Member

Im not going to release any RCs until I've finished all the features i set out to do but if your interested in helping out with the testing you can download the latest updates from our SVN server

Instructions of how to get it: http://www.webidsupport.com/wiki/SVN

Please try to keep the version your using up to date

:)

Well its seems quite alot of people are downloading the svn releases which is good to see but can i remind everyone this is a testing thread and not a support thread

and to make thing easier could i ask people when they're posting a bug could you include
    - the SVN revision your using
    - a description of how you produced the bug
    - and if you think they are relevant some info about the server your running it one (PHP version MySQL version etc)

Bugs to be fixed as of 26/08/09 (r.138):
    - User does not receive a confirmation email when they make a bid

2. Box Lot

Box Lot Super Moderator Staff Member Developer

Been super busy lately but I'll get back in in a few days and install locally.

3. pinkbeef

pinkbeef New Member

found it

Thanks for the link, ive been looking for the testing forum everywhere. you know, pockets, car, down the back of the chair.

Now if Box Lot can set out the format for posting bugs. well be ready to start.

4. Box Lot

Renlok has already set things up nicely.

Bugs should be posted in the Projects thread:
    http://www.webidsupport.com/forums/project.php?projectid=1

He might want to add a "Repository version..." selection but at least note in your bug report that your using the Repository version so he knows where to look.

Make all the pull-down selections and PLEASE post a good title and description. No one should still be posting things like "Bug" or "Bug in Sell", you've got the room and make it descriptive and likely to come up when others search for similar stuff.

Finally, one issue per posting please. Ok to post more than one posting but hard to deal with and be helpful to others to follow if multiple issues are in one posting.

Most of the above goes in general for all postings too though most here now are doing pretty good.

5. renlok

urm actually best if you post bugs from the repository in this thread as i think there would just be lots of little bugs with each edit i make

6. Box Lot

My bad!, meant well. True enough.

That's why you get the big comfy chair and I get a hard stool.

7. pinkbeef

pinkbeef New Member

Just downloaded the latest SVN revision 8
    the following errors pop up when registering a new user.

ErrorArray (

[0] => Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: TPL_day on D:\websites\webidtest\register.php line 139

[1] => Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: TPL_month on D:\websites\webidtest\register.php line 140

[2] => Unknown error type: [8] Undefined index: TPL_year on D:\websites\webidtest\register.php line 141

[3] => Database access error. Please contact the site administrator. SELECT signup_fee FROM webid_fees LIMIT 1 Unknown column 'signup_fee' in 'field list' page:D:\websites\webidtest\register.php line:210

)

8. renlok

kk well thats fixed now

9. pinkbeef

pinkbeef New Member

EDIT EDIT
    forget it i changed my php ini to test another programme which did not use short tags, Doh

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  10. JALDERSON

JALDERSON New Member

Hi all, I wanted to let you know I'd like to help out... I've downloaded the current code base from SVN Trunk and installed it at http://qa.epacauction.com/. Default admin user exists.

Is this the correct thread to post bugs and questions?

Thanks!
    Justin

11. JALDERSON

JALDERSON New Member

Admin > Countries Table

Going through initial setup. In admin > countries table, there is a note at the top indicating "crossed out" means the entry cannot be deleted because it's in use.

There were no countries "crossed out".

I checked all countries using the "check/uncheck" link, unchecked US and tried to delete. I received the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function check_mysql() on a non-object in /hsphere/local/home/epacauction/qa.epacauction.com/admin/rebuild_html.php on line 29

Code:
    function rebuild_html_file($table)
    {
    	global $DBPrefix;
    	switch($table)
    	{
    		case 'countries':
    			$output_filename = '../includes/countries.inc.php';
    			$field_name = 'country';
    			$array_name = 'countries';
    		break;
    	}

$query = "SELECT " . $field_name . " FROM " . $DBPrefix . $table . " ORDER BY " . $field_name . ";";
    	$res = mysql_query($query);
    	[COLOR="Red"]$system->check_mysql($res, $query, __LINE__, __FILE__);[/COLOR]
    	$num_rows = mysql_num_rows($res);

I then tried deleting all countries except US and UK, which generated the same error.

I'm sorry if this is an already reported bug that is not in the scope of this release.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This issue was resolved with: http://www.webidsupport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  12. renlok

oh no thats just a silly error made by me i missed out $system from the globals change
    PHP:
    global $DBPrefix;
    to
    PHP:
    global $DBPrefix$system;
    that would be the correct fix

13. JALDERSON

JALDERSON New Member

check_mysql()?

Is there a reason check_mysql() doesn't work for me? I decided not to run locally, but to do the testing on the same shared server I would install it for a client. Mysql db is on a different server, but that seems pretty standard if you are using a host w/ a data center.

Here is what I've got: http://qa.epacauction.com/phpinfo.php

Sorry to be a bit dense, I'm pretty new to php... although I've been doing web development as a career for over 12 years.

Thanks for any insight.

14. JALDERSON

JALDERSON New Member

Thanks for the reply... that makes more sense to me. Sorry I didn't see it prior to posting.

BTW, rebuild_tables.php is also missing the $system reference. I'll change the other file back.

15. JALDERSON

JALDERSON New Member

I updated from SVN this morning (lots of files from /, /admin and /themes), pushed the files up to my host, and received the following errors from the initial admin page (http://qa.epacauction.com/admin/) :

From the NAV:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function assign_vars() on a non-object in /hsphere/local/home/epacauction/qa.epacauction.com/admin/bar.php on line 16

From the BODY:
    Warning: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /hsphere/local/home/epacauction/qa.epacauction.com/admin/login.php on line 31 Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /hsphere/local/home/epacauction/qa.epacauction.com/admin/login.php on line 31 Fatal error: Call to a member function check_mysql() on a non-object in /hsphere/local/home/epacauction/qa.epacauction.com/admin/login.php on line 32

Sorry to be a pain.

------------------------------------------------

I was having some intermittent server connection issues, which may have caused these problems. I'm updating from SVN and testing again.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  16. bichito

bichito New Member

I installed v8.0 for testing, but when I try to register a new user only gets a white page.... some idea why??

Thanks

17. JALDERSON

JALDERSON New Member

register.php line 371

I just updated from SVN (rev. 128).

On the register page, received the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /hsphere/local/home/epacauction/qa.epacauction.com/register.php on line 371

The end of line 371 should have a comma instead of a semicolon.

Code:
    		'CAPCHA' => ($system->SETTINGS['spam_register'] == 2) ? recaptcha_get_html($system->SETTINGS['recaptcha_public']) : ($system->SETTINGS['spam_register'] == 1) ? captcha::form() : '',
    ----------------------------------------------------------

I was able to get the register form up, but it would not process on submit. No error or message... it just removes the password and asks a new captcha problem. I'm guessing renlok is working on this issue as it is associated with the captcha system.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  18. JALDERSON

JALDERSON New Member

blank page

I'm getting the same blank white page as bichito, but it's the admin home page /admin/. Does anyone have a suggestion?

19. bichito

bichito New Member

In my case the admin page works fine, the problem is when i try to register a new User. The v.8.0 database has 50 tables instead of 58 of v.7.4 is that correct??

20. renlok

Ive fixed the register page