Discussion in 'Testers' started by renlok, Jan 19, 2009.

1. renlok

renlok Administrator Staff Member

yeah you could change it without any errors occouring anywhere

2. jbilliau

jbilliau New Member Developer

FYI, beyond what I have posted for RC4. I'm definetely having a hard time finding further bugs. I'd hope we'd get RC5 rolled out, and then from there do what you gotta do enhancement wise, etc.

3. Box Lot

Box Lot Super Moderator Staff Member Developer

To me it seems like there are some significant bugs this go round though much less in terms of sheer numbers. The proxy bidding not working is a big one (that appears confirmed by JB?) as are the couple recapitulated by JB in RC4 Bug list.

A new RC with the handful of fixes would be nice but after that I think Renlok should be given the time he's going to need for this next already announced phase of development which will bring as much work with it as it will improvements to the package.

We have JBs posting of Bugs that we can maintain for the little things that crop up so that when time permits Renlok can simply refer to the single posting. I think between JB and myself we can collect the strays and get them on the list since both of us appear to read all messages at this point (before the doors bust open with the throngs of people!). I can PM JB if he misses any, which I doubt.

Of course we're here for testing at Renlok's discretion and direction.

4. jbilliau

RC7, when running the installer... :eek:

[​IMG]

5. jbilliau

still broke :(

6. clivester

clivester New Member

I just fresh installed RC8 in WAMP and it showed localhost with no problem.

7. clivester

clivester New Member

Re: 0.7.3 RC8

I just updated my live site to RC8.

There is the option for RSS in Admin Panel, but I'm not clear on its usage. Having it enabled does not appear to result in any RSS link (like at the home page for example) that would allow an RSS feed to be generated.

I also enable SSL and tested that on my site. Logins and registration, however, do not get redirected to HTTPS links. If I go directly to https://www.scooterpartsauction.com/user_login.php? none of the links in the rendered page are HTTPS so that appears to be broken some place. :cry:

8. Box Lot

For the life of me I can't find the RSS Admin option! What's it under? I've clicked through everything and reviewed the SQL queries in case I missed adding a field and I don't think so. I update manually and this time ran the queries in updatedump.inc.php.

I know that the other thing he added (and noted before he had planned to), BIN disable is also not working correctly so might be some tweaking to do yet.

9. clivester

clivester New Member

Sorry Boxlot. I must have been thinking of SSL when I wrote that :oops: . Or maybe it was a bug that caused it to disappear :lol: :lol: .

Anyway, it seems RSS is enabled by default. It works on my clean install on WAMP, giving the RSS link in the browser address bar. On my live server which was upgraded there is no RSS button even with the clean default theme and running the SQL update php file, so maybe something else is missing from patching my upgrade.

UPDATE
    RSS seems to work there but there is a problem with caching see http://www.webidsupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=450

10. Box Lot

Ha! Got it. Funny in passing I saw the RSS icon in Firefox's URL bar but it didn't click with me. Cool.

Figure you must have missed something on the live upgrade given we both get it elsewhere.

Sorry I can't help with SSL since I don't even have a certificate yet. JB does, maybe he will have some insight. It didn't seem complicated at first blush. SSL is something I'm not going to integrate until things get further along.

11. jmorris1161

jmorris1161 New Member

I am confused on the RC 8 update.

Ren states
    theres quite a few SQL edits check out
    updatedump.inc.php (the SQL dump isn't correct)

So if the SQL dump isn't correct how do I update?

12. Box Lot

I believe (and I did) you run the queries in "updatedump.inc.php". Read through them and you'll see it is the file that includes fields related to the new work noted.

Think he meant it to read like "there's quite a few SQL edits, check out updatedump.inc.php (the SQL "dump" isn't correct)

Anyway, I ran those after receiving an error and things got back to normal.

13. jmorris1161

jmorris1161 New Member

OK I am totally lost. I updated it and everything seems to run fine. Tried running the queries in phpmyadmin got an error. Tried going to the updatedump.inc.php in a browser it just gives me a blank page. Am I missing something here?

14. Box Lot

Yeah it wont run as written in PhpMyAdmin. Read the error messages but I believe they were;

NOT LIKE THE ORIGINAL:
    $query[] = "ALTER TABLE `".$DBPrefix."settings` ADD `https` enum('y','n') NOT NULL default 'n'";

BUT LIKE THIS via query:
    "ALTER TABLE `settings` ADD `https` enum('y','n') NOT NULL default 'n'";

Your could edit and select the file, I just edited and did each line as a query since there were only a handful.

Again, watch any error messages PhPMyAdmin gives you and that should point out any small edit I might have missed

15. clivester

clivester New Member

That PHP file has no echo or print functions so there is no html output, hence a blank page. The queries should still have run though, esp. if no errors appeared.

16. clivester

clivester New Member

Renlok:

Would you mind posting a list of the tables that should have remained after the last SQL update. I just want to make sure it was done properly as I seem to be getting database related errors.

17. renlok

renlok Administrator Staff Member

um heres the sql to update the tables
    Code:
    ALTER TABLE `webid_settings` DROP `feetype`, DROP `sellersetupfee`, DROP `sellersetuptype`, DROP `sellerfinalfee`, DROP `sellerfinaltype`, DROP `sellersetupvalue`, DROP `sellerfinalvalue`, DROP `buyerfinalfee`, DROP `buyerfinaltype`, DROP `buyerfinalvalue`, DROP `paypaladdress`, DROP `picturesgalleryfee`, DROP `picturesgalleryvalue`, DROP `featureditemsnumber`, DROP `featuredcolumns`, DROP `thimbnailswidth`, DROP `catfeatureditemsnumber`, DROP `catthumbnailswidth`, DROP `reservefee`, DROP `reservetype`, DROP `reservevalue`, DROP `freecatstext`, DROP `sitemap`, DROP `wanted`;
    ALTER TABLE `webid_settings` ADD `https` enum('y','n') NOT NULL default 'n';
    ALTER TABLE `webid_settings` ADD `bn_only_disable` enum('y','n') NOT NULL default 'n';
    ALTER TABLE `webid_settings` ADD `bn_only_percent` int(3) NOT NULL default '50';
    ALTER TABLE `webid_rates` DROP `rate`, DROP `sifra`;
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `webid_lastupdate`;
    ALTER TABLE `webid_users` ADD `bn_only` enum('y','n') NOT NULL default 'y'
    the only important updates are
    Code:
    ALTER TABLE `webid_settings` ADD `https` enum('y','n') NOT NULL default 'n';
    ALTER TABLE `webid_settings` ADD `bn_only_disable` enum('y','n') NOT NULL default 'n';
    ALTER TABLE `webid_settings` ADD `bn_only_percent` int(3) NOT NULL default '50';
    ALTER TABLE `webid_users` ADD `bn_only` enum('y','n') NOT NULL default 'y'
    the others are just deleting unneeded stuff.

18. clivester

clivester New Member

I have already run these updates. Ran a query again just to be sure, but still got the same errors.

What should the database collation be? For some reason mine is showing Latin1_swedish_ci :!: :eek:

19. Uldtot

Uldtot New Member

my DB is "utf8_unicode_ci"

20. clivester

clivester New Member

Thanks Uldtot. That's what I assumed it should be.

Most of my tables are utf8_unicode_ci, but webid_messages is Latin1_swedish_ci