Discussion in 'Testers' started by renlok, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Box Lot

Box Lot Super Moderator Staff Member Developer

Boy!, you get a couple hours of sleep and you miss a full release!

Renlok, does RC11 have the fixes just discussed today like:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=235 (except color which is CSS)

Thanks, comparing and loading shortly.

2. renlok

renlok Administrator Staff Member

yes it does.

3. Box Lot

Great, comparison and edits done and I'm ready to load. Can you hold off on a new version for about 15 minutes or so? ;)

A TON of work in this one, Thanks!

4. Wingtrader

Wingtrader New Member

Can the RC11 update be skipped? Because you already gave fixes for those three bugs, so I don't know if you have changed anything else?

5. Box Lot

Wing:
    Just a little personal advise, you should get in the practice of making updates. As things get more and more complicated it will become more and more difficult for you to track down issues if your not relatively in sync. Maybe more important given your live now.

Just my opinion of course and I've got it down to a near science now and can quickly update without the install procedure.

6. Wingtrader

Wingtrader New Member

No but Boxlot, everytime I have to set some things again and hoping that everything is good. So less updating means less stress and sweaty shirts for me lol :mrgreen:

7. Box Lot

Sure and I do understand. I've done it with more complicated sites and I'm comfortable with my procedure of comparing things which at least right now is really easy to do. I used to have the same stress but learned to roll with it and not get uptight for the process. :cool:

If you mark the stuff you've changed locally and then compare with the latest files you can easily paste in your custom changes. Based on your site it is only going to be a handful of files and little things like your logo.gif.

With a local copy of the past files you can always reload them if things break in a big way for any reason.

Just a suggestion to avoid the stress later! You need to do what your comfortable with of course and I'm sure some people don't think my way is best either. If anything it's overkill but that's how I roll!

8. jmorris1161

jmorris1161 New Member

I am confused. Are there RC releases? All I show is 072 nothing else. How do I know if there are minor releases?

Duh - found it

9. jmorris1161

jmorris1161 New Member

OK I got updated to RC 11. Sorry, been way busy lately not able to keep up all the time.

I didn't get my categories again. I did what I always do and just go to categories in admin and do update without any changes. It does bring my categories back but I get this error in admin panel.
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in W:\www\myeauctions\Lite\admin\util_cc1.php on line 21

Can RC be added to version in Check Version? This would be most helpful too so testers can easily see what RC they are running.

10. renlok

oh noones noticed that before XD
    in util_cc1.php change
    Code:
    $output.= "<OPTION VALUE=\"\">$MSG['2__0038']</OPTION>\n";
    to
    Code:
    $output.= "<OPTION VALUE=\"\">".$MSG['2__0038']."</OPTION>\n";
    and yeah you idea showing the rc version is good idea but this release is almost compelte but ill do it next time.

11. gc3

gc3 New Member

Hi,

I am newbie & have been quietly watching for about a month.
    I just installed rc12, looks good, noticed the following:

* Registration confirmation;
    Server error is returned, (however User is Created)

* Sell an Item;
    Category Selection Loops;
    (works occasionally with repeated "Clear Caches" & Refreshes)
    WishList( Cascading dropdown may resolve this)

* Upload Gallery:
    Image & Thumbnail not displaying
    "Possibly rename "Close" to "Preview Item..."

Standard Banner Size;
    (Seems to move Logo to the right unless banner width=500 ?)

Keep up the good work! :D

12. Box Lot

So this is how we get paid back? Another revision? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Loaded.

Congratulations on the public release, very stable and robust too. Future looks bright.

13. renlok

pfft well you shouldnt be so good at finding bugs then youd have no revisions to worry about :D but then we wouldnt really get very far

14. Box Lot

Damn double edged sword!

I'll let JB lead on this one, already 5pm here and yet another day hogged by WeBid. I'll catch up and do more testing shortly though we seem poised for additional stuff now rather then bug chasing. :D

15. renlok

yeah looks like most of the bugs have been found so when i can be arsed to do some more coding ill start going though the todo list.

16. jbilliau

jbilliau New Member Developer

Yah guys, these bugs are pretty much hashed out for the most part. Least all the major ones. I'm having a hard time finding things lately. I'm mostly only finding IDEAS I'd like to see, enhancements and such as posted in suggestions.

I hope you start out with this simple fix:
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=145

then things like
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=245

Then we'll do the cooler things like CP makeover, SELL template redesign, etc etc. Or invoices, etc like you've wanted too.

Nice job team, I'm pumped. I'm still not gonna use it publicy at work though until a few more ehancements are made. I really want the option to exclude user registration fields, cuz I wont use em. I'm too lazy to edit the template and take em out.

Thanks Renlok!! You da man at this!! :mrgreen:

17. Box Lot

Not bad yourself JB, you find those weird combinations I always miss. You had a couple I just said WT*!

I'm curious at your intended use given no registration if you care to share though understand should you decline to.

Yeah, not sure Renlok will want to hear from me. I've held off most stuff on my mind given the to do is in its infancy. Pretty sure we'll be on the same path though as most of the stuff is things you would expect.

18. jbilliau

jbilliau New Member Developer

Naw its cool. My main use for the script is for at my work. You see, I'm in IT (sys admin) and my boss wanted me to find a way to be able to auction off some stuff around work. I didn't wanna use sharepoint cuz it sucks..and I was looking for a free auction script (not thinkin I'd find one) I came across the phpauction? I think its called? Oh and it pretty much sucked a$$.

THen I somehow stumbled on webid through I think sourceforge? THen somehow got here, and decided to take a try at like 0.7.1. It was flippin awesome to say the least, but noticed so many bugs that I couldnt use it. Thankfully, once I started posting them, renlok was like fixin em instantly and I thought to myself....

"I've never seen a developer act this quickly to their product, it was truly insane" So I stuck by it ever since.

Anyways...I got off topic. I want to use this at work. However, my 150 employees or so don't need to put in a city, state, zip, telephone number etc... I mean why really? We all know eachother. The only thing is, we'll be using cash to do the payment transfers. The thought came up to use our credit union account numbers somehow, but thats renloks job in the future. I work for the credit union, and cash and transferring of funds between our accounts are prob the only methods we'd use.

So thats it basically. I'd use every other aspect of the script accept for those reg fields, and some of the payment options, or even shipping methods, since we'd pick it up in person. Hope that helps, sorry for length!! :mrgreen:

19. Box Lot

Cool, interesting use. I take it back, I see your a :ugeek: not a :geek: , my bad.

Yeah, PHPauction is messed up at this point and support is not great. I, too, stumbled by though I've been looking for a while for something good and was struck right away with the same thoughts about Renlok even with the brief forum that existed when I came. I'm a good snap judge of people even on the Net.

Those that are here are all cool too (except for that one dude way back that Renlok sent packing, :lol: :lol: ) and I really like the idea of being on the ground floor of a great development like this.

Sounds like you could easily put yours to work right now, that's cool and I like the idea of inner office stuff. Should make for some inner office fun....and maybe a few fist fights on the desks.

I don't throw stones at length - have your read some of mine? :oops:

P.S. I want to register if any Mac Powerbooks come up!, my G4 is limping along these days and can't afford to even think about a new one (I think Apple charges you for thinking about them too).

20. gc3

gc3 New Member

I updated my previous post since I found "USD" under Site Currencies (Just had to type "U"), :oops:
    I also set banner size to width=500, forcing Logo back to Left Margin :oops:

Leaving only the following 3 bugs:

1. * Registration confirmation;
    User is Created, however, Server Error is returned.

2. * Sell an Item;
    Category Selection Loops;
    (works occasionally with repeated "Clear Caches" & Refreshes)
    WishList( Cascading dropdown may resolve this)

3. * Upload Gallery:
    Image & Thumbnail not displaying
    "Possibly rename "Close" to "Preview Item..."

I am looking to see if images are permission issues, any help is appreciated.