PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal WeBid Or phpauction

renlok
16-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Yes WeBid was originally based off the phpauction GPL code, but has mostly been re-coded as the phpauction GPL code is very out of date and just quite awful all round.

clivester
17-12-2008, 02:20 AM
I don't think morality is an issue here. phpAuction is an open source software so its available for anyone to mod.

I have tried the phpauction.net GPL 3.3 version and cannot get it to work. That's pretty poor for something that should be relatively mature. It also seems like its very hard to get any help for the non "Premium" (read paid for) versions which seem to be treated more as free try-outs that don't get developed than anything else. I'd rather try to help with a re-write supported by an enthusiastic coder and user contributions and hope something better comes of it.

big-dig1965
17-12-2008, 02:46 AM
Iíve been play with phpauction and it has fewer bugs than webid maybe a coder needs to take another look. granted I am bouncing back an forth between the 2, but issues I have with webid I donít with phpauction the main thing Iím seeing with phpauction is the functions I looking for you have to upgrade to their pay versions which if the freebee doesnít work I cant believe anyone would pay for their software.
I'm not a programmer but if I new the structure better of how the file linked and stuff I would mix and match the 2 in order to come up with a good version. Thereís not really that many more files in phpauction verses webid.