PDA

View Full Version : Is "reverse auction" in todo list?

$SMax$
02-12-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm need in it very much...

renlok
03-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Reverse auctions is a feature in the script already there Dutch autions.
...Well tbh they dont work exactly how dutch auctions should but close enough selling posts a price and users posts bids of what they're willing to pay who ever posts the highest value wins.

blacklion1
04-05-2010, 02:30 AM
Hi all, I am new,

This a really Cool Software

I Would Like To Address " renlok"

a "Reverse Auction" preforms the opposite of

"Reverse auctions is a feature in the script already there Dutch autions.
...Well tbh they dont work exactly how dutch auctions should but close enough selling posts a price and users posts bids of what they're willing to pay who ever posts the highest value wins."

in "Reverse Auctions" BUYERS Post What They Want (Wanted Item(s)) and SELLERS Post BIDs (Quotes/price of what there willing to let the item go for.)

Simply reversing the roles in the script (Simple for a experienced programmer like yourself ), But don't let buyers sell (option all ready available) and only able to post "Buying Leads"(what sellers would browse threw to bid on with in a time frame) and Buy from the winning seller with the lowest Bid.

Buyers On the other hand place bids (lowest bid wins) and upload images of there item (but not for sale per-say allowing buyers to see what they are getting)

This Give The Buyer The Buying Power (Procurement)

I Hope This Help,

and hopefully some additional post on how to easily edit () the script to do this.

renlok
04-05-2010, 03:46 PM
oh right i never knew that

nay27uk
04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Removed im leaving

blacklion1
05-05-2010, 02:54 PM
personaly I would have though a reverse auction meens that the lowest bider wins not the highest bider

Yes, Lowest Bid of ..........the seller

It's Like Blending Ebay and eSource (auction and marketplace)

the intent was/is (for me) to restore "Buying Power" to the consumer.

It makes the sellers compete for your/my/the costumers hard earned dollor.
istead of buyers competing for the item. (Buying Power, Procurement on a smaller Personal scale)

For example say you wanted a Armani Suite,
a seller has a suit (NEW )to your specifications and logs in to the system and searches for "buyer Leads"
and views your "Wanted listing" (like esource or globalsource market place)

They submit a quote/BID to let the item (suite) go for $300.00
then another seller blah-blah-blah and submits there BID at $296.00
and so on. after the allowed time has passed the lowest Bid wins and the buyer purchases from the lowest bidder(Seller)

at the end if you got a Authintic Armani Suit for 197.00, wouldn't you feel you got the best deal?........so would your cusomers.(Less Buyers Remorse)
provided this is a serive you provide to them threw this System. (I Just Think It Would Be Cool)

I Was looking in to the code (still don't know where to start)
But you want to reverse the Roles functions Sellers and Buyers
where the Seller is subjected to the bidding process, buyers simply post there wanted item and purchase after auction from the lowest bidder.

If You Wanted To Think About It This Way You Could Say that in This Auction System each auction is a stack of money up for grabs and the sellers compete to
obtain most or some of it.

Some Functions have to be figured out but i am will to help.

and yes there are some sites trying to do it but they aren't hitting on nothing. (like what this system could do)
and i'm not at all saying rewrite the system just provide a reversed copy of the system (sellers/buyers activities.)
(I simply just wouldn't know where in the code to begin)

and the only thing that i felt could use a tweak is the registration form (unable to add new field)
other wise I love it.

I 'll come check in on this issue.

renlok
06-05-2010, 12:17 PM
seems like it wouldn't be too hard to add but wont be added anytime soon still to get v1 & v1.1 rolled out first :p

but it does seem like something that should be added at some point

blacklion1
14-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Wonderful, Now That We Established what a reverse auction is.

Not That I'm Not Grateful

While we're waiting for v1.0 and v1.1, it may be nice for possibly a little participation from those interested (a bit of due diligence )

So, to start,
Besides the "increment.php" (source inside shows the "$++" operator that incrementsUP ofcourse the one need in this case is "- -" )
what other files are associated with is (yes i seen the "include files but they don't in appearance seem to have any association with the increments, SO, what else?")

Please, List all the files associated with increments (admin and frontend).

Thank You Kindly

renlok
17-05-2010, 03:56 PM
besides the increments.php file all the data/functions todo with the increments are dealt with in the bid.php file

blacklion1
17-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Thank You renlok,

I'll have a look right away thanks for the reply,
If I Can Get A copy working I'll Share It Immediately.

and the other question is, all the templates text like "sell a item " is referred to as in bracket numbers variables (eg:[L_221]), Where are the variables for the template text. (the root source not the themes)

I believe with these two things I'm that will be about it.

Thanks Again

renlok
17-05-2010, 11:27 PM
they'll be found in /webidroot/languages/EN/messages.inc.php then the languages string are stored like $MSG['123'] so to find {L_221} youd search for $MSG['221']

blacklion1
20-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Thanks
I appreciate this

one more thing came up

in $i = 0 and then if you $i++, this increment up obviously 0 is the lowest price to start,

so, would it make sense to set $i = (eg: 9999999) in reverse as the highest (plus this is the highest set price a item may sell from your site) and $i--
(from $1.000.000 to $0.00)

or should i leave it at "0"

and where is the guy who started the thread? (a bit of participation, suggestions if nothing else, A "Master Mind' entails more than one )

alright Thanks , Be back Shortly

renlok
21-05-2010, 07:40 PM
I think for that it would be best to change the order the increment are ordered so change

ORDER BY increment DESC";
to

ORDER BY increment ASC";

and the OP left the forum over a year ago dont think hes been back since.

redstyles
19-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Hi blacklion1,

I know this is an older post, but did you get the reverse auction working?

It's exactly what I need for my project. Thanks for any info that you can provide.

matros_ua
03-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Can somebody share revers auction script based on webid or similar?

Olivier
02-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Hello,

I'm looking in the forum for Reverse Auction but did not find it. On Google, I saw many request for Freelance.

Maybe someone can share or sell this script ?

Thank you,

Olivier

OhNoNotAgain
29-08-2012, 03:26 AM
I am interested in setting up a reverse auction site so that people can post jobs/tasks and others can bid on them. Naturally, the bidding works in reverse, such that the low bid wins. I am wondering how complicated it would be to use WeBid for this purpose.

I searched for "reverse auction" in the forum and there were only a couple of hits by previous posters, from 2008 and 2010. It appears that as of the time of those old posts, it was only possible to do a reverse auction by editing the .php files to make bids de-increment from a high to lower price and to make the seller pay the buyer (i.e., to make the person who posted the job pay the person who bid the lowest on it.)

Has the ability to post reverse auctions been fully integrated into WeBid in more recent versions such that none of the advanced .php editing is necessary? If not, is there a "one-stop" posting in the forums that has a list of all the different .php files that need to be edited and what the edits should be?

Many thanks!

Box Lot
29-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Not integrated. Possibly planned for the future but it may be a while.

Best thread to continue on is probably this one as some research and work has already been done, I've moved your post there. Still work to be done of course and no one has created a Mod yet that will include all changes needed.

OhNoNotAgain
29-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Many auction software packages include reverse auctions now as a standard feature. Because there has been some interest in reverse auctions as far back as at least 2008 on this forum, it seems odd that it would not have been implemented in the ensuing four plus years.

nay27uk
29-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Renlok already works hard coding WeBid and has his work cut out fixing bugs ect, so if you think you can code it please do so and add it to the mods section of the forums