PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a cron job.

thinkpad
24-01-2009, 01:44 AM
Hi, Im trying to get the system set up to run a cron job every few minutes.

I am testing it by running php cron.php at the command line and I am getting a error.

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: include_path in /home/era-guild/public_html/auctions/cron.php on line 16

I tried editing the code to point directly to the xxxx/auctions/includes/converter.inc.php file in the include, but it comes up with cannot open stream.

The path is correct, as I can do ls samepath and it shows it fine....

Also, It was complaining about not being able to connect (using password no) - by the looks of it its trying to do a mysql statement without first connecting to a database.

Any tips, am I doing something really silly, cron jobs are not something I do very often ;)

Im kindof learning them as I go along, as I could not find any docs on the cron side of webid.

thanks in advance for any help!

renlok
24-01-2009, 01:40 PM
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: include_path in /home/era-guild/public_html/auctions/cron.php on line 16
thats nothing WeBid is still in beta so ive not had time to fully clean up the code these dont mean anything just that you error reporting is too strict.

for the database connect check includes/data.inc.php and make sure it has all the correct settings in it for the database.