PDA

View Full Version : Testers needed

renlok
24-10-2008, 04:22 PM
I have a habit of uploading crappy releases, that ive released in hurry and not tested it properly this is mainly as im busy alot of the time now so i don't have mush time for extensive testing.

So im looking to find a couple of people who could test new releases before i release them properly.

If your interested in becoming a tester, just check viewforum.php?f=9 (http://www.webidsupport.com/viewforum.php?f=9) every now and then its where the test versions are released. You dont need any programming knowledge, but you do need to know how to run a server and set up databases etc just simple things you need to run a php/mysql script.

ellieo
25-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi
I would like to help you, with testing.
I know about testing, for I also test software on my work, although it is not php/mysql. But I know about php/mysql also, so...please tell me more!

Ellie

renlok
25-10-2008, 07:56 PM
well if you want to be a tester ill just add you to the testers group and when the next version is ready ill send it to you via PM.
and if you could test it for a while and feedback that would be great.

ellieo
25-10-2008, 09:00 PM
well if you want to be a tester ill just add you to the testers group and when the next version is ready ill send it to you via PM.
and if you could test it for a while and feedback that would be great.
Thank you....for now see that I can get this version up and running :oops:

d_valent
26-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Sure, I'd like to help with the testing.

Diane
d_valent@yahoo.com

renlok
26-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Sure, I'd like to help with the testing.

Diane
d_valent@yahoo.com
i PM'd you

wapzone
01-11-2008, 07:15 PM
I would like to test it :D

renlok
01-11-2008, 09:04 PM
cool well ive added you to the list to PM when the next release is ready.

wapzone
02-11-2008, 01:09 AM

I also know php and would love to help you with the script i can also give you a translation to german if you want

renlok
02-11-2008, 11:29 PM

I also know php and would love to help you with the script i can also give you a translation to german if you want

the translation would be helpful if you do make a tralation it would be best to tranlate the message.inc.php last as im working on deleting all the unused strings so once ive done that it would save quite a bit of time with the translations.

Also it would be great to have some help with the coding but my computers broken atm so im not doing any work on it, but once its fixed it would be good to get some help with adding payments/fees to the script.

wapzone
03-11-2008, 04:24 PM
No problem

Haxy
09-11-2008, 07:51 PM
I'd like to join the testers group. I'm particularly interested in using WeBid to provide a free service, and to make money from banners and other promotions. It seems ideal for selling domain names, and when I'm up and running, I'll probably ask for a dutch auction format - that's dropping prices, not the Ebay misconception of multiple items.

renlok
09-11-2008, 08:10 PM
cool ive added you to the group

InSane
09-11-2008, 08:57 PM
I try to use your script and I will try to help you with your work. If you want you may add me to testers group...

jurij
19-11-2008, 05:49 PM
I would like to test it ;)

jmorris1161
19-11-2008, 11:55 PM
I'll test it too, I want to get a good fairly stable version up and I will make it live. I will offer some free credits on my main auction site for people to come beta test it with me. I will let google and other bots get into it and see how she holds up. I am running a windows box too so bare with me :D But I do some php coding myself so I can usually find work arounds to problems but of course it would be better to have it in future releases so the work arounds don't get wiped out with new versions.

So far it looks smooth, I have a huge wish list so I may start trying to make some pieces my self too. But some of them will take DB additions.

$SMax$
02-12-2008, 01:00 PM
I should help you :)

And translate webid at russian...

yankees26an
22-12-2008, 02:56 AM
Sign me up too. I'm thinking of adding HTML purifier to webid. Is there a feature like this already or should I continue my integration :P

renlok
23-12-2008, 08:51 PM
HTML purifier? Sorry i have no idea what that is :P so i can happyly say it doesn't

aukktion
18-01-2009, 02:41 PM
I should help you . Please send me per pm. laptop@klingel-logo.de

stecha
24-01-2009, 01:43 AM
Hello

Be happy to help. P>M> is fine. Im working on helping you with: "admin as seller only". Lots to edit. Some new write, but I think fairly easy to migrate some new code.

jmperez20
04-02-2009, 10:05 PM
I am a Network admin and I have been testing WeBid for about 45 days. I definitely would like to help in testing WeBid and in any other way I can. I will also provide you with some of the notes I have accumulated during my own testing. Let me know...

Box Lot
05-02-2009, 01:25 AM
I can't say for certain whether Renlok is PMing these versions anymore but I don't think so and faster to get it yourself.

He''s currently off for a week followed by work on integrating payment and other big hurdles/advancements so most of us are keeping quiet for the most part since most of the big issues for 0.7.3 were addressed and working well enough to take the next big step where any lingering issues can be dealt with at the same time progress is being made.

In the meantime you can do what the other testers are doing and download directly from the board where they are posted.

Current version for testers is 0.7.3 RC6:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=280 (http://www.webidsupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=280)

Nice to have some more expertise here, jump in!

jbilliau
05-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Just gotta get the time bug fixed, then it will be stable in terms of RC6 ;)

scoobs
07-03-2009, 11:24 PM
HI Guys.

Are you still looking for testers??
I would like to put up my hand

usual story, not a scripting pro. but capable working with, Php, Mysql, web servers (linux) etc

cheers,
Scoobs.

luisfrocha
10-03-2009, 08:08 PM
I have about 10 years of experience with PHP, MySQL, and Apache on Mac, Linux, and Windows. I'd like to be a tester if the opportunity is still available.

Box Lot
10-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Great!

It's a little less formal then when it started;
Just go to:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=280 (http://www.webidsupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=280)
and download the latest RC (9) and get to testing!

Also check out:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=507 (http://www.webidsupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=507)
Not sure if Renlok needs more help with this big task but worth asking in this posting.

spyresearch
11-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Count me in if you like. I could run as many as three versions easy if you wish. (Actuall more if need be including possible one for all here to try and tear up from their end.) I'd be sitting on top of them myself and I think sometimes one could do more extensive testing from the outside. I sometimes use a proxy , hoping to get that effect but local stored files such as gifs and the like still come straight to me , if you see what I am driving at here. O gee I could have just said same network LOL.