PDA

View Full Version : Version 0.6.3

Haxy
11-11-2008, 08:51 PM
I've installed 0.6.3 which is a major improvement, and initially it seems to have solved all my problems. Categories look fine, and are displaying correctly.

However, I have a major problem with adding an auction. It asks me to enable active-x. I'm a major campaigner against the use of active-x for general sites. imho it is a major reason for the success of exploits and the installation or email spam agents. Is it possible to remove the a-x component?

Haxy
11-11-2008, 10:09 PM
OK - I had a look through some of the routines, and I could only find flash in two places. One is in the banner rotation, and that's easy to fix - I can just ban flash banners. The other is much more of a problem - it's in the text editor. Is there an alternative one available? I hope to sell to webmasters, and a significant number of them are aware of the vulnerabilities in having active-x enabled. I don't want to lose them as potential customers.

renlok
14-11-2008, 06:40 PM
oh i didnt notice that i don't have IE and it effects no other browsers, but i dunno ill have a look into it when i next have the time.